• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phoenix Man (One Punch Man) vs Izuku Midoriya (My Hero Academia) (1-7-1) (GRACE)

Recon1511

He/Him
Phoenix Man squares off against another underage hero

Phoenix Man:
Resurrected_phoenix_man.webp

VS

Izuku Midoriya:
Deku_Full_Cowl_30-45_.webp

• Phoenix Man and Final Act Deku's Low 7-B keys will be used
  • Speed is equalized
  • Starting Distance: 10 meters
  • Battle takes place in Tokyo

Phoenix Man: @Kachon123

Deku: @Kingofwolves999 @SuperStar @Doggo @@MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer @Popted2 @jojo123 @Epiccheev

Inconclusive: @That_moron

Last edited:
How does his resurrection and power amp thing work? Can Izuku actually defeat him?

Can Deku even touch him with the 10000 degrees Celsius thing? That’s more than double his heat resistance unless we wank the lightning bolt he took

How does his resurrection and power amp thing work? Can Izuku actually defeat him?
Everytime he dies, as long as he has his suit, he will revive considerably stronger than before. The redrawn version of the chapter removed one of his deaths but in there he became strong enough to overpower Brave Giant and then withstand it's final attack.

That and jumping from Demon level monster to Dragon level and easily destroying barriers that could previously no sell his attacks.

Izuku should be able to defeat him if he removes the suit or causes enough damage to destroy it.
Can Deku even touch him with the 10000 degrees Celsius thing? That’s more than double his heat resistance unless we wank the lightning bolt he took
I don't read MHA but afaik Deku uses ranged shockwaves a lot

Should probably give Deku prior knowledge here. Only reason Child Emperor was able to tell his costume was the source of his power was because he knew the cartoon character represented by it.
He can also bring Deku to a mental space and try corrupting him into a monster, like he did with Child emperor, but Deku probably has the wilpower to resist it.

Honestly, the internal heat thing is the only problem I’m seeing from Phoenix Man that will give Deku trouble in putting him down.

His analytical prediction and Danger Sense help him avoid or anticipate all of his attacks, which lets him either dodge them or blow them away with his air pressure. Deku’s mobility with Blackwhip added to his flight is very helpful in getting around as well.

Smokescreen useless as always.

Fa Jin is also kinda limited since he can’t really touch Phoenix Man once he turns up the heat. At that point it’s best used for speed amps to dodge attacks than an AP amp.

I suppose if he just wails on Phoenix Man with Air Force again and again, he can take him down eventually, or at least weaken him to the point he can finish this with a solid direct kick with Fa Jin. Deku doesn’t kill in character so Phoenix man wouldn’t revive to become stronger, would just be KO’d.

Kinda just an… annoying fight, more than difficult.
Should probably give Deku prior knowledge here. Only reason Child Emperor was able to tell his costume was the source of his power was because he knew the cartoon character represented by it.
He can also bring Deku to a mental space and try corrupting him into a monster, like he did with Child emperor, but Deku probably has the wilpower to resist it.
He would take Deku to his mental space and immediately get jumped by 8 ghosts forcing him out of Deku’s head. And that’s without factoring Deku’s own willpower which is enough to snap mind control. So nah, that ain’t working.

Prior knowledge that the suit is the source of his powers would be helpful, though he’s still going for a knockout rather than death, so idk if he needs it or not.

It's not described well on the profile but Phoenix Man seems to be able to amp his speed with Phoenix Falcon Mode becoming FTE to Child Emperor Brave Giant sensors who could previously keep up with him

I can give him prior knowledge if necessary

It's not described well on the profile but Phoenix Man seems to be able to amp his speed with Phoenix Falcon Mode becoming FTE to Child Emperor Brave Giant sensors who could previously keep up with him
Checked and it makes him faster but I wouldn’t say FTE. He gets a bunch of hits on him and can dodge his lasers easily, but it’s not like it’s implied Child Emperor can’t perceive him anymore.

Also, even then, Deku’s predictions let him deal with people faster than himself. Against Nagant, he could barely dodge her bullets with Danger Sense from a kilometer away, and then they got so fast up close that they outpaced Danger Sense. But then he got so good at predicting them that he could dodge multiple shots at an even closer range, and even reverse predict her shots to track her movements. So the speed won’t be a factor for too long given how quickly Deku adapts, and Danger Sense should still be enough to keep up with Phoenix man either way.

Once he gets Phoenix Man’s moves down, he just has to keep sniping him with Air Force to not get burned up while using Fa Jin to amp away if things get hairy.

It’s also possible that Deku will realize that Phoenix Man’s face is never covered in fire, and might be a Weakspot. So he might go for a Blackwhip + Fa Jin kick straight to the face once he predicts Phoenix Man enough, maybe even figure out the suit is what’s giving him power through that.

Assuming he has prior knowledge, then he’d be fully focused on destroying or taking the suit off though, which he could easily do with a few good hits or tugs cause Class G LS. Only threat, again, is the 10000 C mode, which Danger Sense will alert him to so he can back away.

Checked and it makes him faster but I wouldn’t say FTE. He gets a bunch of hits on him and can dodge his lasers easily, but it’s not like it’s implied Child Emperor can’t perceive him anymore.
I mean this happens and he states it. Child Emperor only solution was using the 2000 Rope Jump to get him off him and once Phoenix Man was going to attack him again with Fire Falcon Mode Child Emperor paralized him with webs he planted on the battlefield beforehand.

Also just to be on the same note here, are you reading the pre-redraw or redrawn version of the fight?
It’s also possible that Deku will realize that Phoenix Man’s face is never covered in fire, and might be a Weakspot. So he might go for a Blackwhip + Fa Jin kick straight to the face once he predicts Phoenix Man enough, maybe even figure out the suit is what’s giving him power through that.
It's never implied his face is more vulnerable (though the gap can be used to sneak small things into his body underneath the suit) and he can use his beak as a "helmet" of sorts
Assuming he has prior knowledge, then he’d be fully focused on destroying or taking the suit off though, which he could easily do with a few good hits or tugs cause Class G LS. Only threat, again, is the 10000 C mode, which Danger Sense will alert him to so he can back away.
Yeah I don't think brute forcing and removing the suit at melee range is a good idea here.

I mean this happens and he states it. Child Emperor only solution was using the 2000 Rope Jump to get him off him and once Phoenix Man was going to attack him again with Fire Falcon Mode Child Emperor paralized him with webs he planted on the battlefield beforehand.

Also just to be on the same note here, are you reading the pre-redraw or redrawn version of the fight?

It's never implied his face is more vulnerable (though the gap can be used to sneak small things into his body underneath the suit) and he can use his beak as a "helmet" of sorts

Yeah I don't think brute forcing and removing the suit at melee range is a good idea here.
I’m reading whichever version is on shonen jump, idk which one that is. And as I said, attacks much faster than Deku can be avoided thanks to Danger Sense, and eventually his own predictions will let him keep up anyway.

If small things can get into his suit, then it’s probably not as hot as the outside of the suit, so it’s likely safe to kick. And he can close it up, but there are times where it’s open, so all Deku needs is a Fa Jin amp or plan.

Speaking of, is Phoenix Man’s only enhanced senses his eyes? Wouldn’t smokescreen work on him briefly then before he has to disperse it with his wings? Cause that leads to Deku definitely landing a Fa Jin hit on him unless he’s at 10000C

Irregardless of how he does it or what he knows, the best bet is still Air Force spam and dodging with Danger Sense, his predictions, Fa Jin and possibly Smokescreen. The only danger is the higher speed (which is something he will catch up to anyway) and the heat which he just needs to avoid or keep Phoenix Man at bay to not get cooked by.

So given the amount of AoE 30% has with Air Pressure, and how willing Deku would be to spam it once he realizes he can’t really touch Phoenix Man when he uses that ability, I think he’s got a pretty solid win condition.

I’m reading whichever version is on shonen jump, idk which one that is. And as I said, attacks much faster than Deku can be avoided thanks to Danger Sense, and eventually his own predictions will let him keep up anyway.
In that version does Phoenix Man use his mind dimension?
If small things can get into his suit, then it’s probably not as hot as the outside of the suit, so it’s likely safe to kick. And he can close it up, but there are times where it’s open, so all Deku needs is a Fa Jin amp or plan.
Child Emperor managed to sneak a Tickle Bug on his suit but that was "base" Phoenix Man not Prominence Hawk and as I pointed out before, it's never implied that his face is a weakpoint. Besides, a kick to the face would be dangerously close to the flames of the rest of his body.
Speaking of, is Phoenix Man’s only enhanced senses his eyes? Wouldn’t smokescreen work on him briefly then before he has to disperse it with his wings? Cause that leads to Deku definitely landing a Fa Jin hit on him unless he’s at 10000C
Yeah, though as you said Phoenix Man would disperse it pretty quickly.
Irregardless of how he does it or what he knows, the best bet is still Air Force spam and dodging with Danger Sense, his predictions, Fa Jin and possibly Smokescreen. The only danger is the higher speed (which is something he will catch up to anyway) and the heat which he just needs to avoid or keep Phoenix Man at bay to not get cooked by.

So given the amount of AoE 30% has with Air Pressure, and how willing Deku would be to spam it once he realizes he can’t really touch Phoenix Man when he uses that ability, I think he’s got a pretty solid win condition.
I don't think Phoenix Man would be a sitting duck either, he has actual flight and if he sees he is in trouble on the ground he won't doubt to fly around and get away from Deku while using his Phoenix Flares from range

In that version does Phoenix Man use his mind dimension?

Child Emperor managed to sneak a Tickle Bug on his suit but that was "base" Phoenix Man not Prominence Hawk and as I pointed out before, it's never implied that his face is a weakpoint. Besides, a kick to the face would be dangerously close to the flames of the rest of his body.

Yeah, though as you said Phoenix Man would disperse it pretty quickly.

I don't think Phoenix Man would be a sitting duck either, he has actual flight and if he sees he is in trouble on the ground he won't doubt to fly around and get away from Deku while using his Phoenix Flares from range
He doesn’t seem to, so idk if the shonen jump version is just outdated or what.

Deku has actual flight as well and his range is higher than Phoenix Man’s at 30%. So he’s not exactly getting away from Deku, especially since Deku can tell where he is by his hostility/malice thanks to Danger Sense and his general intelligence.

I believe the Viz media version is indeed outdated, though I haven't checked up in awhile.

Well Phoenix Man has inferior Lifting Strength, so Izuku probably could rip off his suit with his Blackwhip.

However is it in character for Phoenix Man to explain his power comes from his suit? And even if he did, he can easily burn away Blackwhip and prevent Izuku from touching him by using his Prominence 10000 C° thing. Which is higher than what Izuku's heat resistance can take.

I don't know much about this character, but how likely is he to use that 10000 C° thing? That seems like the biggest issue here.

I believe the Viz media version is indeed outdated, though I haven't checked up in awhile.

Well Phoenix Man has inferior Lifting Strength, so Izuku probably could rip off his suit with his Blackwhip.

However is it in character for Phoenix Man to explain his power comes from his suit? And even if he did, he can easily burn away Blackwhip and prevent Izuku from touching him by using his Prominence 10000 C° thing. Which is higher than what Izuku's heat resistance can take.

I don't know much about this character, but how likely is he to use that 10000 C° thing? That seems like the biggest issue here.
Yeah the version KingofWolves is reading is outdated.

He uses it whenever he is in trouble or needs to overpower his opponent as it seems to be stronger/more muscular than his other modes

Izuku's not really going to hesitate to try and restrain a villain, which means Phoenix Man will realize pretty quickly how dangerous Blackwhip is.

Once grabbed he can't physically escape, he'll need to use that Prominence Mode. And Izuku will have a hard time fighting him up close when he's like that.

Looking above, while he can amp his speed with his Falcon Mode. It seems like it isn't blitz worthy, as Child Emperor still reacted to his charge and even defended himself. Child Emperor's mech is far too big and not as mobile as PM or Izuku. He also doesn't have an advance warning system like Danger Sense.

I feel like even with the speed boost, Izuku would be able to react to him. If he's in that mode, that could give Izuku a chance to land a Fa Jin + Blackwhip combo attack. I see his regeneration is only Mid-Low, which means crushing his head would kill him. Assuming Izuku doesn't recognize him as human and will go for the kill.

Though it'll be extremely difficult. I can see Izuku forcing PM into leaving his Prominence Mode by playing range, frustrating him that he isn't hitting him. He'll use a faster mode to catch up, which could give Izuku the opening he needs. Restraining him would be bad, since he'll instantly go back to Prominence Mode.

I'm still uncertain. I feel like this is can go both ways very quickly.

Izuku's not really going to hesitate to try and restrain a villain, which means Phoenix Man will realize pretty quickly how dangerous Blackwhip is.

Once grabbed he can't physically escape, he'll need to use that Prominence Mode. And Izuku will have a hard time fighting him up close when he's like that.

Looking above, while he can amp his speed with his Falcon Mode. It seems like it isn't blitz worthy, as Child Emperor still reacted to his charge and even defended himself. Child Emperor's mech is far too big and not as mobile as PM or Izuku. He also doesn't have an advance warning system like Danger Sense.

I feel like even with the speed boost, Izuku would be able to react to him. If he's in that mode, that could give Izuku a chance to land a Fa Jin + Blackwhip combo attack. I see his regeneration is only Mid-Low, which means crushing his head would kill him. Assuming Izuku doesn't recognize him as human and will go for the kill.

Though it'll be extremely difficult. I can see Izuku forcing PM into leaving his Prominence Mode by playing range, frustrating him that he isn't hitting him. He'll use a faster mode to catch up, which could give Izuku the opening he needs. Restraining him would be bad, since he'll instantly go back to Prominence Mode.

I'm still uncertain. I feel like this is can go both ways very quickly.
Deku has workable Air Force attacks in this key as well, so really the only threat is the Prominence mode. As long as he Danger Sense dodges and flies away with Float + Blackwhip, he should be able to avoid it perfectly fine.

If the Prominence mode does turn off, he can outrange and whittle him down with smaller air pressure hits before taking him out with a Max Built Up Fa Jin + Blackwhip. As long as he does it before prominence mode comes up, he should be able to at least stun PM enough to rip the costume off/knock him unconscious if it’s directly to the head like against Overhaul.

It really does just depend on how good he is at avoiding close contact with the Prominence mode. Like hot potato

Also, Smokescreen is useful here since PM’s enhanced senses are his extra eyes. So if he can be tricky with smokescreen, he can definitely prolong the fight or get an attack in before Phoenix Man can see it coming. Unless he has some other senses I don’t see?

Phoenix Man can disperse smokescreen easily, but the brief moment he has to do so is enough to give Deku some room for a lot of ideas

While it's true that his regen is only Mid Low he can still revive himself as long as the suit is still attached to his body/relatively intact.
Idk where to find the actual version that has the mind realm stuff too
I can't link it here because the forum is dumb but just search "Cubari OPM" and read from chapter 98 to 100

While it's true that his regen is only Mid Low he can still revive himself as long as the suit is still attached to his body/relatively intact.
Well he can talk, so he wouldn’t try to kill him in the first place. Killing isn’t Deku’s thing when he can KO the enemy, so the revival shouldn’t matter.

Well he can talk, so he wouldn’t try to kill him in the first place. Killing isn’t Deku’s thing when he can KO the enemy, so the revival shouldn’t matter.
I mean yeah he can talk but the only things he would be saying would be terrible, he is a monster more than willing to kill children after all

Now regarding the mental dimension stuff, how does Deku multiple selves works exactly?

I mean yeah he can talk but the only things he would be saying would be terrible, he is a monster more than willing to kill children after all

Now regarding the mental dimension stuff, how does Deku multiple selves works exactly?
Deku literally saw Muscular try to kill a child right in front of him, then was almost killed himself right after. Chisaki was torturing Eri for years, killing and reviving her over and over, a hell that Deku felt guilty for sending her back to.

He’s been in way worse situations than Phoenix Man talking shit to him. He won’t try to kill him as a first resort, he’d just KO him and take the costume off then restrain him.

He has a separate realm in his own head where 8 other people reside that specifically attack things that try to **** with his head space.

Quirks are tied to the minds/consciousness of the user, and OFA has fit itself to Deku making everything in it linked to him. Anything he sees, the vestiges see. So to attack his mind, you would also have to attack them.

They are strong enough to beat down and push back AFO + Shigaraki’s willpower trying to destroy the very laws of the mental world and steal OFA, with Deku’s willpower being enough to straight up kick both of them out. They are fully sapient beings that exist as a result of the biological mutations/Quirks that are weirdly spiritual and linked to Deku in every way.

Mental Dimension = Vestiges show up = They beat the shit out of PM before he even thinks of trying to influence Deku.

And all of that is ignoring that Deku’s own willpower alone would let him ignore anything he tries to say to him in his head. Vestiges are overkill

He’s been in way worse situations than Phoenix Man talking shit to him. He won’t try to kill him as a first resort, he’d just KO him and take the costume off then restrain him.
It's not exactly just shit talking but fair enough
Quirks are tied to the minds/consciousness of the user, and OFA has fit itself to Deku making everything in it linked to him. Anything he sees, the vestiges see. So to attack his mind, you would also have to attack them.

They are strong enough to beat down and push back AFO + Shigaraki’s willpower trying to destroy the very laws of the mental world and steal OFA, with Deku’s willpower being enough to straight up kick both of them out. They are fully sapient beings that exist as a result of the biological mutations/Quirks that are weirdly spiritual and linked to Deku in every way.

Mental Dimension = Vestiges show up = They beat the shit out of PM before he even thinks of trying to influence Deku.

And all of that is ignoring that Deku’s own willpower alone would let him ignore anything he tries to say to him in his head. Vestiges are overkill
Hmm, I guess that wincon is null then.

Voting Phoenix Man.

His speed amps are kinda nutty and the heat is almost an instant win if he gets close, which he probably can with his falcon mode which gives him near a blitz level of a speed amp, and although Izuku's danger sense would definitely help him, at some point he will get tagged, which will be the end of him.

On the topic of tagging, Izuku's black whips shouldn't be too much of an issue for Phoenix Man, as he can just slip through as Recon showed above:
this scan

Voting Phoenix Man.

His speed amps are kinda nutty and the heat is almost an instant win if he gets close, which he probably can with his falcon mode which gives him near a blitz level of a speed amp, and although Izuku's danger sense would definitely help him, at some point he will get tagged, which will be the end of him.

On the topic of tagging, Izuku's black whips shouldn't be too much of an issue for Phoenix Man, as he can just slip through as Recon showed above:
It’s not blitz tier from what I’ve seen, it just makes him faster. So no reason I can see he doesn’t predict with Danger Sense and dodge. Smokescreen misdirection also helps, and he has his own speed amp that is blitz tier as well with Fa Jin.

And even if he tries the Falcon Mode, Danger Sense is only one part of the equation. His Analytical Prediction lets him read Phoenix Man easily and avoid him. Danger Sense just gives him precog of when Phoenix Man is attacking and where, his predictions let him straight up avoid Phoenix Man before he’s even begun moving. With only a single speed amp which Deku will get used to within seconds, I don’t see him tagging Deku lethally any time soon.

And why would getting out of that mean he can escape Blackwhip? Blackwhip is individual strands of energy wrapping around his whole body with Class G LS, that’s not comparable to getting out of a big robots hand. His only really threatening move is the Prominence mode.

Deku still blasts the hell out of Phoenix Man with Air Force, and with his predictions, he’ll be smacking him all over with city block wide AoE attacks. Deku has the range advantage here on top of the intelligence and versatility + an amp. The only thing Phoenix Man has is his sheer heat and the speed amp, and his speed amp gets predicted and dodged or blasted away by Air Force.

Also, Deku can predict the movements of people 3x faster than him.
That went away after the upgrades, Mirio isn’t that much faster than him anymore.

He can, however, predict Nagant’s bullets that were nearly blitzing him from hundreds of meters away, got faster as he got closer to her, then could dodge tens of bullets at rapid fire pace because he just adapted to how much faster they were. So he’d just adapt within seconds to Phoenix Man’s speed, use Smokescreen to blind him, Fa Jin Amp, Air Force spam, avoid with Danger Sense, smack him up

Back