• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Persona Scaling Chain

Thatsafloridathing said:
I just realized, now that Joker's 2-B, does that make him the strongest character in smash? There's still some characters that could be some tough competition like Bowser, Mario, Ness maybe and potentially Shulk if his upgrade follows through probably won't happen due to revisions taking forever though
Sorry for the derailment... but

Funny how 2-B Earthbound almost got accepted

Ness did incon against Dreamy Bowser, who is 2-B. The same could probably apply here. Earthbound is getting another CRT that is taking a long time to happen, which thankfully I made blogs of what the profiles would look like (Check it out if ya want)

Well I don't really want to derail even further here, just go to my profile and go to blogs then finally you'll see a blogpost on Ness and Giygas (Which I plan on making a new Earthbound profile too, that being the Player).

What's the status on this? There's been no updates for a while, and nothing's been said over on the discussion thread.

Well scaling P3-5 to P1-2's 2-B rating (Sera said she's fine with At least 2-C, possibly 2-B for Paleo-Persona), has been debunked so far, so the modern Persona protags stay at Low 2-C.

So now, we'll just have to discuss the Modern Persona scaling pole. And in that regard, I still don't know if Nyx is stronger than Sinful Shell Joker...

But yeah, all that needs to be discussed now is the scaling chain of 3-5. 1 and 2 can have a separate scaling chain thread for now so we should focus on 3, 4, and 5.

That's good. At least I can help with the Neo-Persona scaling. What's the major disagreements with the current placements? I'll see if I can't rewrite the one on my blog from the ground up based on what I've learned.

Shouldn't the main character from P1 also be at least Low 2-C? Especially since in one route he fought the Night Queen which was confirmed to be Nyx in P3?

Which Nyx, specifically?

There are multiple Nyx's in the series; there's the archetype (or, that's what they are referred to, if I remember correctly), and there's the actual Nyx from P3. There have been mentions of Nyx before in the series, and as far as I can tell, P3 Nyx is entirely self contained in that game.

Forgive me for asking this. but considering the length of the thread. may i ask for the explanation on P3-5 getting 2-B? Im not saying i disagree, im saying im lost would like to know. please and thank you

Yeah, my memory's a little fuzzy too and I think 3-5 might be getting upgraded to 2-C but I don't remember where the 2-B came from aside from scaling P1 and P2's casts to the newer games.

As far as im aware of, P3-5 are to be low 2-C, some say 2-C but thats the area of it. My question is where did them being 2-B come from? Also, which protag is stronger than which? Ik that this is likely the most difficult thing to prove but if anyone has an idea on whats been decided, i ask them to please let me know

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
2-B comes from Yaldabaoth and the Metaverse, and Makoto is the strongest protagonist.
sorry, i dont mean to demand, but can you give a bit more context? Why is 2-B coming from yaldy and the metaverse? and why is makoto the strongest? Please and thank you

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Nah, the Persona peeps have come to that conclusion without opposition amongst themselves.
Actually, looking at the Discord, it seems Ren was chosen to be the strongest one.
You can ask Sol, Grath, KoS, and Divine Phoenix, we've all came to the conclusion Makoto is far superior.

Well according to the blog, Ren with Sinful Shell is the strongest. But that's with one attack. Here is the scaling chain.

Ren Amamiya (Satanael) [Sinful Shell] > Nyx >> Yu Narukami (World) [Myriad Truths] >> Yaldabaoth* [Rays of Control] > Makoto Yuki* (Universe) > Labrys (Post-Ultimax) = Yu Narukami / Tohru Adachi (Personas Combined) > Makoto Yuki (End-Game) [Armageddon] = Hi-no-Kagutsuchi = Izanami-no-Okami* [Oho Ikazuchi] > Nyx Avatar* [Night Queen] = Erebus* [Primal Darkness (3rd use onwards)] > Yaldabaoth* [Eternal Light] = Erebus [Primal Darkness (1st use)] = Elizabeth* (Arena) > Sho Minazuki (Kagutsuchi-empowered) = Izanami* >> Yaldabaoth* = Tohru Adachi (P4A) = Sho Minazuki = Yu Narukami* (World) = Investigation Team (End-Game) = Shadow Operatives* > Members of SEES (End-Game) > Phantom Thieves (Post-Qlipoth/End-Game) = Makoto Yuki* (Late-Game) > Elizabeth* (Persona 3) = Lavenza* >> Caroline = Justine >>>> Phantom Thieves (Pre-Qlipoth) >?> Baseline Low 2-C

Yaldabaoth is due to all of the Palace's that exist in Mementos, which reaches into the millions (low end), billions (high end).

Makoto is the strongest as he's capable of barely contending with True Nyx, someone superior to the CU, an even bigger 2-B structure, with the Universe Arcana.

Wait, nyx is superior to the whole CU???? sorry if im asking for a lot of information, i just got really into persona recently and i want to be up to date with how they are currently in the wiki

Oh, sorry, didn't see it.

Ok, so please correct me if im wrong, Joker with satanael but without sinful shell is below end-game sees and end-game investigation team correct? or is it joker without satanael that is below them? Again, sorry if im asking too many questions

Back