• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Persona Scaling Chain

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
2-B comes from Yaldabaoth and the Metaverse, and Makoto is the strongest protagonist.
What? I'm pretty damn sure most people already agreed that Tatsuya is the strongest protagonist and Maki is the overall strongest Persona user.
But of course I wouldn't be surprised if your post has something to do with the whole "Persona 1 and 2 doesn't exist" meme.

If you disagree with what we've said, feel free to join the discord and help us understand your way of thinking.

And it's not my post, nor do I brush off Persona 1-2, so I'd appreciate it if you'd back off with the assumptions.

It was never agreed by "most people".

You've been insisting on it for quite some time, but it's an idea that's gained almost no traction and not presented much reliable evidence.

It's been discussed before countless of times in several different threads. I don't have to join your discord channel to prove anything, you two can even back read the previous discussions on this thread alone.

DarkGrath said:
That scaling chain is outdated, and has been revised fully multiple times.

The currently accepted scaling chain can be found here.
This scaling chain does not include Persona 1 and 2.

If you don't care enough to prove it and are referring to old threads that's besn outdated but this point, then I'm sorry but that's not our problem. We don't even have a P1-2 scaling chain not because it doesn't exist, but because of lack of knowledge.

If that's what you think then refrain from making comments such as "Makoto is the strongest protagonist". Or any similar claims. Thank you.

He said they lack knowledge regarding Persona 1 and 2 for the Scaling Chain yet still claims Makoto is still the strongest?

Ranzuki said:
It's been discussed before countless of times in several different threads..
Yes, I'm aware. It's been discussed with such amazing arguments as "He's fought characters based on CM beings".

There was never any agreement over this, Ran. Give actual reasons why the scaling chain would put him that high, or there isn't any point to this discussion.

Cthulhu Mythos.

I distinctly remember one of the main arguments being brought up for Tatsuya being the strongest had to with "the beings he fights are based on the ones in the Cthulhu Mythos". Which is botched scaling if I've ever seen it; if it was valid, we'd literally have 1-A Persona. And we already know this anyway; hell, Nyarlathotep is one of the CM beings.

I don't remember if it was you or someone else who brought up that argument, but it was one of the big arguments focused on, and it's ridiculous. There has never been any verse-wide acceptance that Tatsuya is the strongest protagonist.

The only time we believed Tatsuya was the strongest protag was when we believed that Philemon and Nyarly were still the top dogs. Unfortunately, that's been debunked a while ago, since Nyx trumps everything in the lore by virtue of it existing, and the only one that's so much as stood in its presence was Makoto with the Universe Arcana. So yeah, Makoto is the strongest in terms of pure power level.

Solacis said:
The only time we believed Tatsuya was the strongest protag was when we believed that Philemon and Nyarly were still the top dogs. Unfortunately, that's been debunked a while ago, since Nyx trumps everything in the lore by virtue of it existing, and the only one that's so much as stood in its presence was Makoto with the Universe Arcana. So yeah, Makoto is the strongest in terms of pure power level.
Aren't you the one who argued that Nyx isn't the strongest because of the whole "being older than the CU and as the indirect cause of creation of CU" is a flawed argument for Nyx to be the strongest unless there is some things I'm missing that I'm unaware of from Persona Royal 5 Royal that puts Nyx above everyone else.

That is a flawed argument. The reason comes from something else. That is, as stated in the P3 Club Book, it takes the combined power of every deity in the Collective Unconscious to seal the energy of Nyx's psyche, and that's only a portion of Nyx's full power in the event the Fall successfully happens.

I wasn't even arguing for fucksake. I was simply asking a question based on your previous older arguments against Nyx.

I'm not even in a mood for a heated debate with the situation I am now.

Back