• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Persona 3 Protagonist vs Squall Leonhart

Out of curiosity, how do we know the skills in Persona are thought activated? Don't get me wrong, I am not doubting it or anything, rather curious at the nature of the abilities. It could alse help to keep eyes peeled when looking into other verses if abilities are similar.

TartaChocholate said:
Out of curiosity, how do we know the skills in Persona are thought activated? Don't get me wrong, I am not doubting it or anything, rather curious at the nature of the abilities. It could alse help to keep eyes peeled when looking into other verses if abilities are similar.
Multiple examples. Yukari and Makoto in the P3 movie (doens't contridict canon) used Garu (wind) and Agi (fire) spells without saying them and only summoning their Persona. In the actual P3 game, Junpei uses Agi without saying it and only summoned his Persona (which was also awakened to a new power), and there are multiple examples within the trailers of the upcoming Persona 5 Scramble of Yusuke, Haru, and Morgana using their spells without saying them and doing entirely different things.

I see, so their powers seem to activate "automatically" or without any sort of input, to put it somehow. Another question, are Persona's sentient or capable of interacting independently from the user?

Mhm, it's even possible to awaken your Persona without external needs with training or in extreme need, and yes they are. They're capable of fighting, talking, and moving independently.

So a Persona user can essentially turn a fight into a 2 on 1 by cooperating with their Persona as a team and not attacking both as one like a Stand user.

Yeah, that is exactly it. In the Persona 5 Animation, Arsene and Loki engaged in a fist fight in the air, despite their wielders, Ren and Goro, being on the ground.

Minako's highest possible amp is an apprx. 330% increase to Armageddon, which is roughly 222x stronger than her regular physical attacks, by stacking Mind Charge, Magic Ability and Tarukaja; which adds up to a total of about a 733x amp.

Squall is (according to the above) over 80,000x stronger without buffs.

This is an AP stomp in Squall's favor.

If Squall does anything outside of Minako's elements, like a pure energy attack, or something other than Fire, Wind, Ice, Lightning, Dark and Light, she can't do anything besides Makarakarn, which is expensive.

Tarunda and Debilitate don't stack, and both lower attack by the same amount. I.e. 30%.

She could dodge it, though. I meant either or for those, and it could reduce his stats.

And lol this is a fat hunch, but she could use Strength Bind.

I did indeed read the thread, and aside from the obvious NLF of Kotone reflecting an attack 80,000 times stronger regardless of buffs and debuffs, which Squall has plenty of himself as well, I saw no reason other then immediately leading with an almighty attack which is unlikely given Kotone is an RPG character.

Actually, since reflecting was brought up it leads me to believe that she would in fact so this to an attack, which makes it easier for Squal since she won't be dodging.

Kotone has access to abilities like Strength, Magic, and Agility Bind, which reduce your physical/magic/evasion, and nullifies your physical skills, magic skills, and (I swear this actually happens) literal speed.

Squall can have buffs, but Dejaka negs all of them. Kotone has access to Drain/Null/Repel/Resist Physical Persona's, effectively Squall's physical AP advantage useless, along with Tetrakarn, which reflects physical attacks, and High Counter which also passively reflects them.

Kotone reflecting attacks from opponents of her strength isn't exactly uncommon, as it's possible to use these moves against Nyx Avatar, who was superior to SEES (including Kotone). However she responds to an attack is quite literally unknowable, she can dodge easier with Evade Physical.

Minako is more likely to dodge, but seeing as she can switch Personas/cast Makarakarn with a thought, she'll do that when she realizes she won't be able to dodge. The problem isn't that she can't reflect attacks 80,000x stronger than her, because she can, as her reflection works up to Low 2-C.

The problem is that Squall has Earth Manip, which is outside of Minako's elemental coverage. If he goes for that, she's got no defense except Makarakarn. Even if she switches to a Persona with Null Physical, she'd need to manually cast Makarakarn to defend against Squall's magic, and that's assuming she figures out that a single hit would kill her and does that instead of just guarding, which is also likely.

Even if she can't reduce his monsterous AP and durability, he can make it hell for her to even hit her with Sukukaja, and Sakunda, reducing his hit/evasion chance.

Her stat Amps and defenses are Not covering such the massive gap without feats, seriously her Amps could be 30x each and the gap is still in the thousands.

Reflection works on Low 2C attacks apparently so I guess that works despite it not covering most of Squalls attacks.

Oh, and she has zero knowledge on any of this, so using her best stuff to get the best chance is highly unlikely

Even with both of those up, that just makes Minako 60% faster for a limited time. If she has a move that can one-shot him or incap within that time, then she has a chance.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Even if she can't reduce his monsterous AP and durability, he can make it hell for her to even hit her with Sukukaja, and Sakunda, reducing his hit/evasion chance.
This assumes she does this immediately.

Squall has his own speed amps to keep up. Haste+Junctioning means he can move stats away from defense or offense to amp his speed.

This assumes she does this immediately.

The problem with using game character is that; we don't assume, but the supporters get to choose the starting move.

Or at least, that's what we alyways do.

Buffs and Debuffs are pretty bread and butter, so it's likely she'll go for that pretty quickly. Whether she goes for that right away, or she specifically targets speed, is up there.

They start at 4km and since Gran Pulse is mostly open, she should be able to hit him with her hax to open. And her hax should work in spite of his resistance, since all of them double as soulhax, which Squall doesn't resist. Hama/Mudo should work.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Squall has his own speed amps to keep up. Haste+Junctioning means he can move stats away from defense or offense to amp his speed.
Kotone can use Dekaja and completely negate any and all buffs he tries to get on, while he has no way of getting rid of hers.

Squall doesn't need to buff, the AP difference gurantees that regardless of buffs for either side he one shots.

Schnee One said:
Squall doesn't need to buff, the AP difference gurantees that regardless of buffs for either side he one shots.
We already know that he AP stomps, we have discussed that Kotone has multiple ways of dealing with such a gap.

Because he can steal abilities off summons? we established he couldn't steal the persona's themselves because they are attached to her soul. I don't get why that means he can't steal her persona's abilities themselves though.

Back