• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Persona 3 Protagonist vs Squall Leonhart

Technically speaking, Kotone's canon name should still be Makoto Yuki, since the name is gender-neutral. Was actually wondering if we should change that.

Technically-Makoto uses Marin Karin and adds Squall to her highly-questionable harem GG.

Oof yeah, Zettafoe. If it's a stomp then I'll just switch to their Late Game and Disc 4 Keys.

No, it's not like a huge AP advantage matters much against SMT / Persona characters when Minako has Tarujaka and Tarunda, along with Tetra/Makarakarn.

I mean

That's like a gap of 80,000x

I'm not sure if stat reduction and stat amp could cover that

Would Squall be able to steal her persona's with Draw? or would she resist it due to Persona's being a manifestation of her soul?

What persona does she lead with generally? Squall is extremely good at fighting summons. He can draw abilities from them and become resistant to them with a wave of his hand.

Depends on whether we consider Hama/Mudo as Death Manip. Even then he can junction the resistance from her and has resurrection.

I mean... her Almighty Attacks come from her Persona's... so, I'd say yes. Also, why would it one shot? His dura should be a lot superior to hers, unless she can drastically reduce it with Debilitate/Tarunda/Rakunda/Sukunda.

Don't Almighty attacks Ignore conventional durability? Almighty spells should bypass Squalls resistances and Barriers/Damage reduction.

TartaChocholate said:
How can Squall take down Kotone?
Squall has an AP advantage so strong if he so much as breathes on her she'll die, I'm not sure those stat debuffs can honestly reduce such an AP, but it's worth a try.

Squall probably wins with the Ap advantage I think. They basically have the exact same abilities but Squall's AP is much higher.

Having a stat advantage against an SMT / Persona character is often a very unreliable wincon, since she has Persona's that Null/Drain/Repel/Resist Physical attacks, along with Stats Reduction with things like what I listed earlier, and Tetrakarn, which reflects physical attacks.

I personally vote Minako via Almighty Attacks, Null/Drain/Repel+Stats Reduction which are all thought-based.

Does she resist Timestop and Sleep Manip? don't see it on her profile other then resisting 'status effect inducement'

Squall casts Stop. Buffs himself out the asshole. Summons all his GF's and breathes on her.

Well then this should be closed if she doesn't have it on her profile till the CRT's cause Squall stomps if she doesn't have resistance to Time-stop.

If he moves his hand, that still means Minako can get her attacks off first, since they're thought-based.

Again, there's nothing to support Almighty Attacks oneshotting him, Squall has far higher durability and AP, and she has to rely on debuffing tactics to actually hurt him.

Back