• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Person of Interest AI Revisions

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
Taking inspiration from the recent GLaDOS profile, I've got some updates for the PoI's AIs, The Machine (Person of Interest) and Samarita.

They should both have Inorganic Physiology (Type 2) instead of Non-Corporeal. They should also have Genius Intelligence, Self-Sustenance (All types), Information Analysis, and Clairvoyance, for similar reasons as GLaDOS has those.

The Machine (Person of Interest) itself should get Resistance to Hacking, for repeatedly blocking hacking attempts by US Government agents.

EDIT: Also, The Machine and Samarita shouldn't have virus creation, Samaritan instructed scientists on creating a new virus strain, and The Machine just simulated/predicted its effects.

I think with the clairvoyance being that of The Machine and not the character itself that should be represented on the file, since being told information from a precog or clairvoyant doesn't give the recipient of that information the ability itself, though it functions mostly the same in practice. Seems fine with the other stuff though.

Do the AI really need no sustenance at all? No electricity or anything?

I also agree with Wok about clairvoyance.

They would need electricity, actually...

Should that be changed on GLaDOS's profile too? She definitely needs electricity.

GLaDOS has her own nuclear reactors or something so she can just go on for a super long time. There's also that potato battery to sustain her.

Both of those still need electricity.

I don't remember anything about The Machine sustaining itself, but I know that Samaritan took over electricity companies, getting workers to distribute parts of itself across the electrical wiring of the US, so it could sustain itself that way.

Yeah having a nuclear reactor is great for energy, but it isn't infinite. Self-sustenance means you just don't need any source of energy/air/rest anymore since you can endlessly make it.

So a nuclear reactor counts for that?

Aperture just seems to be able to run for an insanely long amount of time, considering how the gap between games 1 and 2 could potentially be hundreds of years, but yeah it wasn't ever said to be truly infinite or whatever.

I'm not quite sure what action you guys are suggesting from saying that nuclear reactors aren't infinite. Should GLaDOS have self-sustenance removed, should these AIs keep self-sustenance?

Also, The Machine shouldn't have virus creation, Samarita created a new virus strain, The Machine just simulated/predicted its effects.

Perhaps, but it only simulated what would happen, like it does with every terrorist attack/crime.

I'm not even 100% sure on giving it to Samaritan. It discovered which ways it would need to mutate the virus to make it lethal, but it didn't actually create the virus, it had various scientists do that physical work. It's not like with the cruise missiles/nukes where it can just hack into their systems and release them.

Bump.

Bump?

Bump.

Bump.

Think you're fine to make the agreed upon edits. Could also delete glados' self sustenance.

Done.

Back