• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Perfect Chaos is not planet nor is he possibly planet level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... two outliers... based on Planet Busting characters. We should make DB characters Planet Busting Outliers because only two characters in canon have been shown consecutively busting planets. They surely haven't busted any stars. Continent Level Bleach? Where are the feats from the Soul King that state he controls the spiritrons, last I checked, he only regulates Souls, and what could be happening with the planet in that panel of ground upheaval was the loss of Souls since "everything has a soul", would hardly call it Continent Level via destruction, it only underlies in the control, can it be used for actual combat. So. Yeah, Outliers could be a thing... But that thing is far less likely considering their is nothing discounting it. Eggman has the capacity to build star busters, we know this now. All of his robots could have had the same capacity of power, yet we never knew it.

The enemies have been getting stronger as of late. And maybe Sonic is getting stronger with them. Nothing wrong with that. He's more powerful, so more power to him.

I was being hostile? All I was calling you was a downplayer. How can Chaos using the same source of energy be an outlier for his own power, when Sonic Canon clearly states that even 50 years before they had the same capacity to do the same thing they do in the Modern Sonic timeline.

Alright. From an unbiased standpoint, I would like to ask.

Are there any references to the Chaos Emeralds having planet busting power prior to Sonic Adventure?

... Again... The page stated that by powerscaling he would be Planet Level due to the Emeralds being that powerful. He uses the same power. The Chaos Emeralds are the same energy source that is used to power super powerful weapons which are capable of destroying planets, no matter how you look at it.

So again, him beating Chaos would make for two feats of being Planet Level because Chaos is powered by the Chaos Emeralds, the same source of power that can destroy planets when used with weaponry...

I posted them up, Gerald Robotnik studied the Emeralds 50 years earlier, look for Gerald's Journals within these comments and you'll see what I mean.

50 years before the Sonic Adventure 2 scenario the Eclipse Cannon (WHICH CAN ONLY BE POWERED BY THE CHAOS EMERALDS) was built to protect the world from malignant threats as stated by Black Doom. Gerald Robotnik also stated that Emerl could planet bust with all 7 as well.

I presume Dark didn't read my forum post... No problem, it's only leaning more towards what I've been saying about downplaying...

The Eclipse Cannon was built before Sonic was ever even thought of being born (from whoever he was born from) Gerald even references the Echidna Culture (the 4th Great Civilization), and the mural about Sonic vs Eggman in Sonic 3.

I am not talking about events prior to the game's story. I mean are there any references to the emeralds having planet busting power in any material released before Sonic Adventure?

Nope. But the Chaos Emeralds haven't had any changes in their properties as of note. So saying that they were less powerful when new information about their true potential springs up is also a fallacy, especially when time states that they were that powerful before Sonic Canon even begins through official WoG references.

Davy0 said:
Nope. But the Chaos Emeralds haven't had any changes in their properties as of note. So saying that they were less powerful when new information about their true potential springs up is also a fallacy, especially when time states that they were that powerful before Sonic Canon even begins through official WoG references.
Alright. I think I may see where DSK has his concerns, though. While nothing about the Emeralds has been "changed" in canon, they had never shown or been hinted at being that powerful prior to Adventure.

Think of it like Pre-Retcon Beyonder. Beyonder beat down The Living Tribunal, who was later established to be 16-dimensional. However, we only rate Beyonder 1-B due to the fact that at the time, Tribunal had not been etablished to be at that level, even though nothing about him fundamentally changed in the canon. Keep in mind, these rankings were solidified before our current power scaling rules for Marvel and DC.

There was no retcon, there is no WoG stating that Sonic Adventure 2's Sonic is different from Sonic Adventure's Sonic. He can have all the concerns he wishes, but all the evidence works against him. The Chaos Emeralds were used to power the Eclipse Cannon before Sonic the Hedgehog's Game Timeline even starts. Not only that, but Generations shows both Chaos and Shadow in it which shows that the games are canon to one another.

So once again, you can keep saying that there's some type of Retcon, Shadow and Chaos exist in the same timeline. You need to show information stating that Sonic Adventure 2 retcons Sonic Adventure, otherwise you can't imply that it does, either way.

Nothing against you Aza, but I'm serious about downplayers when it comes to legit information as well as feats, and WoG working in tandem. You can't just have your own headcanon on how things work.

I'm not saying there was a retcon. Also, it was Beyonder who was retconned, not LT. LT just hadn't been established to be 16-dimensional yet, just as the emeralds hadn't been established to be planetary, yet.

I'm not saying your wrong, but I am saying I can see where the doubt comes into play.

Yeah, but he doubts seemingly everything on Sonic. That's just from my bird's eye view. I could be wrong.

And the Sonicverse is less complicated than that.

wow all this happened while i fell a asleep for a little

anyway the lore of the verse always had the chaos emeralds at planet level

but this would mess up the powerscaling in sonic because of Chaos because Super Sonic is planet level and then we would have base sonic at planet level

i think that is the reason why Chaos has the possibly planet level to him

(this comment is made when im not as tired as before when i first started in this arguement)

But don't forget, there have been showings that the Emeralds may be beyond even that.

The statement on "piercing stars". The Sol Emeralds energy being capable of creating things like event horizons when converted into the energy of the Egg Salamander as well as the Black Hole between worlds created by the effects of Sol Emeralds being in close vicinity to Chaos Emeralds (they are equal yet opposite of one another). Again the battles with the Egg Wizard, the Solaris, Time Eater (they still had to tank their attacks to be capable of fighting them, even if they were "glass cannons" as people call them and from what I was seeing there were neither one hit kills towards the super state characters, nor pain other than being placed off course by the force of their strikes which sounds appropriate.

My theory with Perfect Dark Gaia still stands, again in the legends, both Dark Gaia and Light Gaia were equals. They were the cycles of Rebirth and Destruction, Light Gaia remade the world after it was destroyed by Dark Gaia yet this time he'd had a great deal of trouble.

Etc. Etc. But I've stated this multiple times already.

And it falls strangely silent as I state the evidence... The volume drops from the crowd, into a whimper heard by no one.

Davy0, I have usually agreed with you, but you are recurrently being confrontational and borderline rude in your tone. Please try to be more polite and patient, and you will find that people will probably have a much easier time agreeing. Thank you.

Hm... So my politeness and not the evidence is the reason why people should agree with me. Not how clear as day that evidence is? That's interesting...

No, but it is hard for people to deal with somebody who is recurrently confrontational, mocking, gloating, or borderline rude.

The only reason why I gloat, or confront people is because if they start showing a lack of common sense, I'd go mad from the constant lack of logic in an argument. If you'd noticed, the people that I'm usually like that to are people who like to either mock other people, or like to wank or downplay other series just because they feel that they shouldn't get something even with evidence showing they should, which annoys me.

Take that as you will, but it's really just a defensive mechanism so I don't go insane from stupid BS.

Well, imagine how I feel from constantly trying to mediate in arguments about franchises that I have no interest in, and I have still usually managed to be patient and polite.

Most other people here are also trying hard to keep civil under similar pressures to yourself. You can probably manage to do the same thing if you make an effort, or go do something else until you have calmed down, and then you can go back to reply.

(That said, I can understand if you lose your patience with actual trolls. Even I tend to do that after a while, but as far as I have noticed, that is usually not the case.)

But I'm not like you, Ant. I've already stated this. I have a different way of doing things. Don't care if people dislike me about it. If I'm wrong, then by all means smack it back in my face, I deserve every bit of scrutiny I get. If I'm right though, and you're still being a wanker or a downplayer, then expect me to fight that fire with my own.

You give yourself too much pressure in my eyes, but that's on you. I've constantly stated that ya gotta chill out.

If they are being downplayers or wankers for a series, with no evidence to show for it, then I'm gonna be what I'm gonna be. I'm completely civil with people who are civil and don't act like wankers and downplayers. I have no problems with them, but for those who aren't. There's no reason to give them the same courtesy if they know exactly why their series isn't what they think it is, or the downplayers don't see the series as it should be because of personal bias. I have a keen disdain for a lot of series, but always give them their props when they are due, because that's being civil.

See Ant, here it is.

So all the evidence I just showed, with Gerald Robotnik creating a machine that is powered by the Chaos Emeralds capable of destroying the planet, and Emerl being a planet buster with all 7 Emeralds, isn't enough? Even though once again, this happened 50 years before Sonic actually happened, and there was no retcon from SA to SA2.

And you want me to be "civil" to this guy. What a riot.

@Davy Well, the thing is that there is an order of conduct that everybody should follow within this wiki, as othervise it will quickly start to fall apart into constant feuding, bickering, insults, chaos, and bad mood, so regardless that it does not come naturally to you, you will have to make a greater effort not to rile people up, especially as you are a rather prominent and logical contributor with a presence in the wiki.

@DSK Please stop being rude. You have behaved worse than Davy in this thread.

Well thank you for the compliment on me being logical, that's all I'm saying. If I see too many times that a person illogical with nothing to show for it, I just can't give the person the same respect as a person who is trying to show logic. Such as when 3000 people continuously claim DB is universe level with nothing but sweaty palms and streaky looking eyes (snicker). I could be far worse than I am, far more rude though. I'm being a playful guy.

@DSK Well, aside from the sarcasm signs (>):

"lol sonic is my childhood ;-;"

"Please stop wanking your childhood."

"You look like an egotistical douche"

@Davy Well, this wiki has a strict order of conduct in order to avoid discussions degenerating into constant chaos, given the controversial subjects. You will have to make an effort to adapt to this.

If its wanker/downplayer against logic, it's going to degenerate anyway. It already does here, have you not noticed?

This discussion seems to have completely diverted from its original topic and this is turning into a contest of who can bash the other person more.

I don't think we're actually gonna be getting from this thread and it's simply going to give people headaches (especially Antvasima as you've been stressed out from constantly maintaining this wiki) so I'd ask everyone to please keep things civil or I'd gonna have to suggest closing this thread as it doesn't seem to be leading anywhere...

I've stayed on topic, showed my cards. Didn't think I'd need to as people should have enough sense to understand that Chaos using the Emeralds, equals at least the same power the Emeralds generate.

@Davy Well, we are trying to keep it to a minimum, and block the people who go over the line, in case they cause more trouble than they are worth keeping around. You have been occasionally skirting around the edge, and I had to make an extensive case for Lord Kavpeny not to ban you, whereas DSK has been blocked once already.

Regardless, my apologies for the tone, but you are not in a position to dictate the rules, and we keep them around for good reasons, so you will have to make a continuous effort to adapt. I am afraid that this is not open for negotiation.

So the same should be done for those who continuously wank or downplay a series correct, to not cause those degenerations of the topic, right? Otherwise, I can't stop. Basically, if they have the ability to be stupid, I should have the ability to call them out on their stupidity by treating them as if they were until they gain a bit of common sense. At least, that's how I see it.

Huh. LK, and after I called him a scholar and a gentleman.

@ Davy0: I never said that you didn't stay on topic nor did I say that you stayed on topic. I simply said that this discussion has diverted away from it's original purpose with all the downplayer and wanker comments.

Also your not helping anyone by doing that. For people who wank or downplay and are discussion crazy. Try being civil towards them and if it doesn't work then inform an admin so we can either issue a warning or block them.

@ All: I've already said this (well only technically) and I'll say this again. What are you guys' thought on closing this thread as it isn't going anywhere...

It doesn't matter. I've proven my point, he's staying Planet Level until evidence is found against it. And I'm going to see if I can get Sonic and friends even more above what they are now because of it. not through wank, but by showing actual evidence of why. Because, yolo.

@Davy0

that is called "sinking to their level" when you shouldn't do that especially if its the more logical of the people debating

@Ziel

ive said my bit about why Chaos has the possible tag to it

I am fine with closing it, as the topic is not being discussed in a civil manner.

Also, I agree with SDZ. Please try his suggested approach in the future.

I don't mind sinking to any level, comes with the territory of the school of hard knocks. Sometimes you have to walk in the shoes of a criminal to know how hard life is. Some times you gotta do what's gotta be done, even when doing isn't easy. That's how I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back