• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Percy Jackson vs Jason Grace

Wasn't this done... like in story? iirc, Percy wins.

Regardless, i think Percy takes this due to being far more knowledgable in fighting by the time Jason becomes a skilled warrior. IIRC, Percy was fighting monsters and whatnot far before Jason was. I'd need to re-read the series, though.

Aparajita said:
Wasn't this done... like in story? iirc, Percy wins.
Regardless, i think Percy takes this due to being far more knowledgable in fighting by the time Jason becomes a skilled warrior. IIRC, Percy was fighting monsters and whatnot far before Jason was. I'd need to re-read the series, though.
They stalemated. Both were being possessed, and Piper didn't let them kill each other. Although Jason hit Percy with lightning, and was going to kill him before she intervenied.

And, no, Jason trains since he was a child to fight. He has more experience than Percy, who only started when he was 12 years old.

Just because Jason trained longer than Percy doesn't mean he's more skilled. Percy alone kicked the Legions Ass during War Games, he defeated an entire Cohort alone in alaska (Albeit he had the Eagle and a home turf advantage).

Percy:

-Beat Ares in h2h

-Stalemated Kronos on several occasions

-Took down Hades gaurd and him before he could even react.

-Dominated Hyperion

-Low Diffed Polybotes

And more. In HoO Percy was nerfed to high hell. That being said, Percy is proven to just as skillful if nit moreso.

You said Percy was more skilled because of more experience. He isn't. Percy defeated the Legion because he's a high tier demigod, and because they didn't know how to counter his greek style of fighting. His AoE attacks are also better against a large group of enemies.

- He fought with swords against Ares, not h2h. And he didn't win. He cut Ares a little, and the god was playing with him. When Ares was going to kill him, Kronos stopped him, because he needed Percy alive.

- Nope. He got completely wrecked in the end of the fourth book, and also in the beginning of the fifth. He only had a chance later because of the Achilles curse, which he only had during the fifth book, and the beginning of the seventh.

- Achilles curse. It makes him op af.

- Achilles curse again. And he would lose after his hurricane stopped. The Satyrs had to beat Hyperion.

- He had a god at his side to make quick work of him. Giants are only strong because you need a god and a demigod to kill them. Jason could have done the same.

Jason killed Crius with his bare hands, and was going to kill Percy first in their battl if Piper hadn't stopped him, iirc.

Jucaslucas said:
You said Percy was more skilled because of more experience. He isn't. Percy defeated the Legion because he's a high tier demigod, and because they didn't know how to counter his greek style of fighting. His AoE attacks are also better against a large group of enemies.
- He fought with swords against Ares, not h2h. And he didn't win. He cut Ares a little, and the god was playing with him. When Ares was going to kill him, Kronos stopped him, because he needed Percy alive.

- Nope. He got completely wrecked in the end of the fourth book, and also in the beginning of the fifth. He only had a chance later because of the Achilles curse, which he only had during the fifth book, and the beginning of the seventh.

- Achilles curse. It makes him op af.

- Achilles curse again. And he would lose after his hurricane stopped. The Satyrs had to beat Hyperion.

- He had a god at his side to make quick work of him. Giants are only strong because you need a god and a demigod to kill them. Jason could have done the same.

Jason killed Crius with his bare hands, and was going to kill Percy first in their battl if Piper hadn't stopped him, iirc.
Actually no. Percy was going to kill him first. Piper distracted Percy giving Jason the opportunity to strike him with lightning. Had it not been for Piper, Percy would have won. Not only did Percy beat his swordsmanship and knock him off tempest leaving him wide open.

And it doesn't matter if Ares was playing around, he has eons of experience over a 13 year old. Yes, he dominated majority of their battle Percy won it after striking his heel, and last I checked, CoA doesn't effect your skill, jus your stats and gives you invunerability. Even then, Hyperion is the 3rd strongest Titan behind Atlas then Kronos. And In book 4, Percy lost because 1 he couldn't harm Kronos due to Luke Having CoA and 2 the time manipulation. When Percy got CoA he was able to match Kronos in h2h, and by h2h i mean fighting in general without abilities. So yes, every feat of skill percy has has been via his own skill be it amped by CoA or not. And dude, the only help percy had from a god against Polybotes was picking up his head and slamming it against His skull. Percy basically kicked his ass single handedly and used a gods head to Kill the giant.

Percy godstomps with curse of achilles. Without the curse its a toss up between the two. Percy is the better fighter of the two but Jason's lightning strikes are no laughing matter. Mainly the area where they are fighting plays the biggest deciding factor here and central park new york (never been to new york) does not seem to give Percy much advantage. That said if the fight took place at a beach then I can see Percy defeating Jason with ease.

Percy can summon water from within him. Enough to make Mount St. Helens Errupt. And Central Park has a giant MCB sized pond near the center. And percy even implies he has some control over that ability as he was saying "I don't need an Ocean..." is response to Jason saying "Maybe if there was an Ocean in kansas" before Annabeth interrupted him.

I think Percy's destructive Ability with water is just far beyond Jason. Percy has proven that he can facetank his lightningbolts, but I really doubt Jason can survive being crushed and drowned by an entire Pond worth of water, nevermind that Percy will just heal and rejuvinate with the water nearby.

hmm. while percy can counter and disperse lightning, Jason cant do the same with water. if they in intent to kill, percy fill the field with water. if Jason flies, then percy can just make a water tornado, use his water jets, and whatnot. ps percy can make shields of water to defend himself from lightning, as well as water attacks, but Jason cant really defend himself from percy.

Jason could win by flying high and dropping stuff on Percy, or suffocating him by taking away the air. Even with the curse of Acchiles, it has been said that indirect injury like suffocation would still work.

Vizorus69 said:
Jason could win by flying high and dropping stuff on Percy, or suffocating him by taking away the air. Even with the curse of Acchiles, it has been said that indirect injury like suffocation would still work.
I was actually gonna go into that. percy can just make a bubble of water and stay in (and if he does like I said, and inundates the whole battle, he wont even need to go that far).

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
I was actually gonna go into that. percy can just make a bubble of water and stay in (and if he does like I said, and inundates the whole battle, he wont even need to go that far).
The fight's in Central Park, New York. Do they have lakes big enough to survive Jason's thunderbolt and lghtning?

Dumb question. Isn't water like, I don't know the word in English... I mean, it leaves you vulnerable to electricity, yes? Apart from that, Zeus is the stronger god than Poseidon and for me this counts for something

Percy needed the curse to take on Hyperion.

Jason needed no curse to beat Krios.

Swordsmanship-wise, they were dead even during their battle. Percy's elemental attacks are stronger, but he can't use them all the time. Jason can.

Percy has healing, Jason has flight.

They're dead even, aside from the titan fact, so I guess I vote for Jason.

When Percy is in water, he's vastly more powerful. When Jason is in air....eh.... He doesn't really change that much. Also Percy has more feats.

The fight's in Central Park, New York. Do they have lakes big enough to survive Jason's thunderbolt and lghtning?

Just a huge like right at the center of it. Percy via terrain advantage: Jason doesn't know NYC, Percy battled there for days in the fifth book

Back