• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If Charizards flame does out, doesn't it die or is that just for Charmander? Either way, I think Percy has this with his water manipulation.

Well Charizard is especially weak against water, not to mention Percy is resistant to high temperatures, So I have to go with Percy.

This one's a toughie... Well, Charizard has flaming breath hot enough to melt rocks, so it probably- no, it CAN evaporate water. He also has acess to moves like Thunder Punch and Solar Beam. But, water manipulation seems to be pretty powerful... I mean, maybe if Charizard was flying and evaded the water that way, he'd have a chance. I know for sure Charizard are able to survive underwater, seem in the anime various times (example: Charizard's mega evolution in Pokemn Origins.) So, if he were to fly into the water with Thunder Punch, that could do massive damage. Although, being a flying type, he might hurt himself as well... I dunno, this match is really hard to tell.

@Charizard6903

We only count naturally learned moves for Pokemon, not Tutor/TM/HM, so he might not have access to Thunder Punch or Solar Beam.

@Darkanine

Well, Charizard can't learn Seismic Toss, Mega Punch, Fire Blast, Overheat, Fly, Dragon Breath or Blast Burn without TM, HM or Move tutor, yet those are put on his info page.

I'm voting for Percy due to him possessing water manipulation, which is Charizard's weakness.

Location?

I'm more bent towards Percy, since I'm not sure which version of Percy this is. His Water Manipulation + Achilles heal give him a great advantage over Charizard.

If EoS Percy, this could go eitherway. But as long as there is a water source nearby, Percy should still be able to win, slightly.

Are we saying that celestial bronze can hurt pokemon, because if it can then percy wins hands down but if it does not then percy has it tough but he would still win.

Pokémon Trainer Jacob said:
Charizard's flight and ability to vaporize water (via his insanely hot fire) should be able to give him the edge in this battle.
I thought the same thing. And even if Percy lands a hit, and he survives, his Blaze ability would activate, making for a very powerful Fire Blast (with both Blaze and STAB boost, Fire Blast would have 248 power)

Percy has massive heat resistance (was able to survive being repeatedly pelted with literal magma) and with Achille's heel he can easily tank Charizard's other attacks. I'll vote for him

Plus Charizard dies if his tail goes out, and Percy can easily douse him in enough water to make that happen

Charizard does have a slight aerial advantage as far as I know, with fire that can melt rocks, so it can theoretically evaporate water, plus Charizard is no pushover even when it comes to durability. Even if Charizard can't seem to land a hit from afar, it's a force to be reckoned with up close. Are TMs and HMs allowed for Charizard, or does it only have its natural moveset? Can it Mega Evolve?

Monarch Laciel said:
Percy has massive heat resistance (was able to survive being repeatedly pelted with literal magma) and with Achille's heel he can easily tank Charizard's other attacks. I'll vote for him
Plus Charizard dies if his tail goes out, and Percy can easily douse him in enough water to make that happen
In the Pokemon: The Origin anime, Charizard has been blasted into a large body of water by Mewtwo, and still seemed fine. The Blaze ability can theoretically make the fire on his tail harder to put out. I will admit, Charizard is a proud and potentially overconfident one.

Back