• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pennywise vs Han Jee-Han

I won't bother berating you.

What is Pennywise's best madness manip feat? And don't any of you come with "his true form is 1-A so it's 1-A", how maddening someone's existence is is not equatable with their dimensional (or lack thereof) tiering. Or telepathy, for the matter.

Han resists a gal who could connect every sentient mind on the planet, even if they move into alternate dimensions.

For it's other abilities:

Shapeshifting: Han has no concise fear beyond the normal stuff, but Gamer's Mind would forcefully keep him calm no matter how scary it looks.

Reality Warping: I'm not sure how it's applied, or if would override Gamer's Body (Makes all wounds disappear, making them just HP losses, among other effects.)

Invisibility: Han's a victim so...

Spatial Manip: Dunno how it works.

Blood Manip: Gamer's Body should just register blood loss as HP loss, so Han can heal from it, probably.

Possession: Depends on how good it is, else it gets resisted by Gamer's Mind.

Technology is mostly a non-factor, unless it can apply it to golems despite their lack of components.

Disease and Biology are either countered by Gamer's Body or healed away.

Perception Manip: If it gets resisted, will Han see it's true form (or the closest thing his intelligence allows him to)? Doesn't seem like it's potency is above his resistance.

Immersion: Honestly seems like technology manipulation, but useless here regardless.

Illusions that reflect damage, Acasuality and Immortality are the main factors here, depending how it's mechanics work. Would telekinesis and other mental abilities be more effective here by virtue of them working with Han's beliefs and them being psychic powers? Han does have immensely more than the mental power of several thousands of men combined.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Han resists a gal who could connect every sentient mind on the planet, even if they move into alternate dimensions.
That's mindhax resistance. Type 3 madness hax isn't the same thing, and standard mindhax resistance doesn't save you from it no matter how good said resistance is.

I'm not commenting anything else.

Han's does, he specifically resisted Madness type 3. Games mind umbrellas all mental alterations, from his normal emotions, to forced unconsciousness, to telepathy, to mindhax, to madness hax (both his own kind and the recreations of cthulhu mythos).

A better way of describing Gamer's Mind is that it both mindhaxes him back to being calm and composed (stabilizes him) and plain nopes most stuff.

PaChi2 said:
"Im not commenting anything else"
I'm sorry, I don't find it reasonable to have to comment on and consistently follow seven different active threads just because I'm one of only three (maybe four) people on the wiki who has the IT novel and is capable of giving context to all of the wild statements everyone else has been throwing around ever since this character was revised.

I have better things to do, one of which involves putting together the next set of revisions so that we can be one step closer to finishing something that has taken over a year to even get moving.

And frankly, I don't even like debating this character on an overly-consistent basis. I never have, and I've expressed my exhaustion with it in the past several times.

It would be simpler if it was, well, on the profile.

Because saying it goes on hybernation on a cyclic basis without giving further addendums isn't really useful.

But if you linked one of the threads I'd read it up if you answered that questiom. Maybe make a crt to have that added to his profile.

Anyway, I'll be going through it's last few matches, and try to see if I can make a crt to further expand on it's abilities, limitations, etc.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Can you at least tell me what decides when a cycle ends for it?
Nothing. It wakes up, feeds until it's satisfied for the while, and then goes back into hibernation.
The gap between the last two "cycles" was more due to the children damaging its true form during the Ritual of Chud and it needing to recover afterwards. (Its avatar actually runs off the first time around instead of trying to engage the children again, thanks to having suffered several debilitating wounds from having its true form damaged) That's pretty much the only exception you're going to find.

I'm not even sure why this is relevant. But there's your answer.

Because it going to sleep for a few decades would automatically mean it looses, but by how you describe it that's not how it works at all...

And if it's hybernation is only done when it's true form is harmed or it's feeling satisfied, it's not much of a weakness at all.

Yes, that's one of the things I failed to edit out of the page when I made the first DT CRT, because at the time I was more focused on fixing the characters' statistics. Honestly, I forgot what was even in the weaknesses section for this character until the entire wiki started making matches and trying to use those dated justifications as reasons why Pennywise loses.

But if they need to be changed, they need to be changed. I'm not going to stop anyone from doing so. Frankly, I don't even know where the "hibernation" weakness even comes from; the book makes clear that it going into hibernation after the first Ritual saved it, and that the Losers could have killed it (at least as temporarily as they managed to at the end of the novel) the first time around if they hadn't let it escape and go into its rest period. The weakness has been on the profile since before I even got to this wiki, but I've never come in contact with anything in the book that outright says or shows that being the case.

Sure. Making a crt with stuff you said on profiles, would you mind if I link it to you when done so that people can stop harrasing you about it?

Yeah sure, go ahead.

If I have to bring quotes (which I've already done, in at least one instance of something I went ahead and explained), I'll do that.

Here.

But from what I read, physically incapping is ok? Would Han summoning a golem, which would proceed to just absorb it into itself or eternally hug it, work?

I assumed as much.

What I was referring to was the number of people who have already read the book and can look at direct quotes and scenes from it to contradict some guy saying something like "Penny dies because its weak to psychic energy" or "Penny needs to look into someone else's eyes to show them the Deadlights". Which, thus far, is myself, Xulrev and Crimson Azoth. And presumably Promestein if she's actually done reading the novel at this point, although I can't confirm that much since I only talk to her once in a blue moon.

Everyone else who's still active on the wiki is either in the process of reading (you, Cal), hasn't read at all (several people), or hasn't read the book in ages.

Also, @Ricsi:

I can't make a ruling for or against, since "physically incapping" understandably never happens in the book. (Not the kind you're referring to, anyway.) I assume it could work for the sake of being conservative, but in all honesty there's no way of knowing, because It was never in a situation where it was just held down or something.

Is that GG supposed to mean that he looses, or that he wins..?

Regardless, he heals the cancer away, uses Beginner's Gods Eye, most of the info he gets is obscured, and he comes to the smart conclusions that pummeling the thing won't kill it.

He tries to mindhax it, and fails.

Then he tries to dump it into an instant dungeon and probably fails.

Then he just tries to restrict it with magical chains while he thinks of a way to kill it, and without reason to believe otherwise, notices that the chains work great.

It means "good game".

And it shapeshifts out of those chains, pops into Han's ears with a flee form, chomps through his ear drums, and then expands to be bigger than Han's head.

GG Han.

This is where I make good on my earlier promise and just walk away.

Good luck with all that.

I know, but I didn't know for who it was a good game.

And... not only does it not really do that, it can't shapeshift out of a tier 7 liquid metal surrounding all of it's sides.

And it can't get close to Han because his barriers block it.

What is "tier 7 liquid metal" supposed to mean to a demon god?

And Pennywise reality warps the hapless and helpless Han out of existence and into Todash space completely powerless, where he gets eaten by a Todash monster.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
The same that it means to... demong gods. Throwing a title out there means just about nothing to an actual discussion.

He can't do that.
Yes he can. Otherwise his page wouldn't list reality warping as one of his powers. Reality warping that Han explicitly has no resistance to on his own profile.

Well then Han does the same back at him because he has reality warping too.

Anyways, no, Pennywise's reality warping is what allows him to use his other powers, that's it. That, and being able to do as many things as many observers there are.

You mean that minor reality warping Han has?

And do you have a source for Pennywise's reality warping merely being the source of his other powers?

That was sarcasm dude. You are taking an ability to it's NLF extremes.

First of all, ever heard of Burden of Proof..? Secondly, yes. Very first comment.

Back