• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Daewi's resistances aren't listed because his profile is bad.

Garou's level of dura neg isn't something Daewi can tank and come out unscathed from, but with Creation of all things, he can regenerate internal organs (as well as bones since he can heal bone marrow cancer). So while if he gets hit with it is ******* him UP, he can recover from it, and will realize he prob shouldn't let Garou do that no more.

This is under the assumption he DOES get hit.

Garou's level of dura neg isn't something Daewi can tank and come out unscathed from, but with Creation of all things, he can regenerate internal organs (as well as bones since he can heal bone marrow cancer). So while if he gets hit with it is ******* him UP, he can recover from it, and will realize he prob shouldn't let Garou do that no more.

Didn't Daewi tank multiple of Mujin's bell shockwaves when he got trapped in it? It's probably not comparable but still mentionable.

He would need to have at least mid level regeneration to recover from having his bones and organs pulverized (this includes his brain).

Now... About this assumption they Garou can hit Daewi.

You're free to list some notable skill feats.

For Garou, his most notable skills include fighting analytical prediction and IR users in his sleep (Bang and Bomb). Copying techniques instantly and improving them while also simultaneously merging them with other martial arts in his sleep.

As Cosmic Garou, he his way superior to Bang who is comparable to, if not superior to Atomic Samurai, who is vastly more skilled than Iaian, who can predict 100,000 attacks coming at him from all directions with his eyes closed, relying on instincts, and while only having one arm.

Outside of that, he can also predict multiple attacks into the future against Saitama before he's thrown them. With Saitama, even casually, being able to blitz his eyesight. And he can predict various different potential attacks as well, shown as when he analyzed all of King's potential "next moves." Showing that he has great variation.

He can also merge techniques into his own on the fly and improve them to perfection past the original state of the technique. This also extends outside of martial arts as he quickly learned how to use Blast's portals extremely effectively just moments after copying them.

Is it cool if I don't include scans in my Daewi argument?

I don't have all of them on hand and my general memory is fuzzy.

Is it cool if I don't include scans in my Daewi argument?

I don't have all of them on hand and my general memory is fuzzy.
Sure but I might ask for scans if something seems hard to believe or wanked.

So

Daewi obviously is a Martial Artist. He practices Kyokushin Karate and was trained by the founder of the art to challenge practitioners of Renewal Taekwondo. Renewal Taekwondo is already a busted Martial Art on its own, and 30% of the people who used it physically collased from overuse. It's a skill that's superior to Northern ITF Taekwondo, which was created via Russian technology + several Chinese Martial Arts being Fused together, and even the weakest practitioners can take on an entire military platoon by themselves. That's like, the baseline.

For analytical ability, Daewi doesn't really have it, but he's able to circumvent in with sheer skill. A guy named Seungcheol Baek is able to analyze movement patterns after simply seeing you move once, and is able to analyze an entire fight down to the very intentions of the fighters without actually having to look at then fight. He was hopelessly defeated by Daewi despite his fighting style which focused on immense analytical ability + raw power.

Now, Daewi is obviously no stranger to people who can copy skills. He's fought Mori Jin, after all. While fighting Mori, Mori was able to completely shatter Daewi's strongest attack. This is impressive, because not only does Daewi's strongest skill "The Wave of the Blue Dragon" focus on gathering air in an erratic flow and releasing it, a guy like Seungcheol with his analytical and analysis ability admitted he wouldn't have been able to pull this off. So Mori, being able to do this after only seeing the skill once, is Hella impressive.

But Daewi was not only able to match Mori in H2H after his strongest skill was negated, he was able to nearly one-shot Mori with an improved version of the technique mid-fight.

Eventually, Daewi becomes able to fight a bunch of clones of a guy named Taek Jegal, a guy whose as skilled as Mori and was ALSO able to copy Mori's skills but better than he could do it. While the clones were weaker than Jegal himself, it's still notable. He's also able to spam Blue Dragon without any set-up despite how difficult the technique is by this point. Mori at this point is a more skilled fighter than Ilpyo Park, who has better analytical ability than Seungcheol, knew Mori's fighting style even better than he did, and had a resistance to analytical prediction based on muscle movements. So you see how it's impressive.

Daewi's more notable skill feats come later, after he loses one of his eyes, which leaves him with both a messed up perception and also a weak spot in which people can exploit. While fighting like 10 guys who are stronger and faster than him, he masters the "Ultimate" of Martial Arts which allows him to focus all of his power into a single point without wasting any energy. I'd equate it to being able to manipulate the "flow of power", in a way, like Garou does.

After this he trains for like 17+ years mastering basic skills, and becomes so good at fighting that on the brink of death and with his body falling apart, he can fight the God "Ryong" who has billions of years of combat experience, and fought in the heavenly wars against the Gods who also train for thousands of years. During this fight Daewi was able to master Recoilless techniques, which are techniques so difficult that not even Mori Dan(Jin) was able to master them without being put on the brink of death, and people who have Technique Mimicry were unable to copy Recoilless skills, but Daewi mastered them AND incorporated them into his "Ultimate" Kyokushin Karate which allows him to control the flow of power while on the brink of death. Ryong was obviously able to match this (he copied Recoilless as well), but Daewi was still able to surpass him and keep scrapping.

After this he goes on to fight Mujin, a guy whose more skilled than anybody Daewi has fought by a landslide. Mujin's analytical ability is so good he can outdo actual precognition, and deliver messages from the future. He's able to literally read your thoughts after seeing a few of your moves from afar. Mujin couldn't dodge Daewi's attacks despite how predictable they seemed and was forced to block it. This is also Mujin with billions of years worth of fighting knowledge after assimilating with Tathagata's mind, and he was even able to easily play with Mori Dan, and even copy his skills.

I'm basically done now.

Would Garou’s durability negg even work on Daewi since isn’t the robe of the sage states to “ignore all physical attacks” which is why Daewi is able to feel no recoil or shockwave from using the body of the king?

After a very tiring debate off site, I'm going to drop my vote for inconclusive.

I think Daewi is the more skilled fighter but Garou isn't to far behind, it's definitely not a skill stomp in any real case. Not to mention, both of them have ways to instant win, Garou has his vibrations and Daewi has his hax infused blows.

I can see plenty of ways the fight will go down, so inconclusive is my choice.

Instead of comparing skills, I think it is way more productive to just list the characters feats and have people decide for themselves what is more impressive.

For Garou, his most notable skills include fighting analytical prediction and IR users in his sleep (Bang and Bomb). Copying techniques instantly and improving them while also simultaneously merging them with other martial arts in his sleep.

As Cosmic Garou, he his way superior to Bang who is comparable to, if not superior to Atomic Samurai, who is vastly more skilled than Iaian, who can predict 100,000 attacks coming at him from all directions with his eyes closed, relying on instincts, and while only having one arm.

Outside of that, he can also predict multiple attacks into the future against Saitama before he's thrown them. With Saitama, even casually, being able to blitz his eyesight. And he can predict various different potential attacks as well, shown as when he analyzed all of King's potential "next moves." Showing that he has great variation.

He can also merge techniques into his own on the fly and improve them to perfection past the original state of the technique. This also extends outside of martial arts as he quickly learned how to use Blast's portals extremely effectively just moments after copying them.
Adding onto this...

With the Bang fight, it is even more impressive than I give it credit for. Because during that Garou has to fight against Bang without being touched even a single time, otherwise his bones would be turned to dust by Bang's technique. Despite this, even in his sleep, he's able to adapt perfectly to this fact and use Roaring Aura Sky Ripping fist to deflect and counter attacks from Bang.

-

Garou has assimilated the knowledge of countless schools into his martial arts, potentially meaning that he's also skilled in countless different styles of martial arts. He once read a scroll of "forbidden techniques" and from just one reading could mimic Explosion Release Fist. He's easily stomped groups of martial artists and other skilled fighters before through sheer adaptation. And he attacks using a synergy of every martial art he's absorbed, many of which are far beyond basic techniques and styles, such as WSRSF, or WICF... unleashing barrages of ever-changing attacks with all of them at once. He states himself that against his techniques, timing is essentially irrelevant. Take that as you will.

He also has developed this much mostly over the course of just two days. With a lot of it being within only a few hours. So there's no telling where he can really go if provided with even more content to evolve with...

While it isn't in the manga per say, I do also think it's worth noting that Garou as ONE envisioned can predict movements going off a number of different aspects, ranging from breathing energy to ones center of gravity. Whereas in the manga this is shortened to just him being able to predict ones next moves.

-----

Now... Regarding this fight...

I really honestly don't want this to be a skill debate.

I think they are each debatably more skilled than the other, but overall pretty comparable.

There's many other factors that can be debated here that are arguably more important.

It's possible Daewi might not even be able to counter the radiation 100% of the time.

It's also possible that Daewi uses some one-shot hax as a starting move.

Or that Garou manages to hit Daewi that one time and pulverize him.

For those reasons I support the decision of inconclusive but am willing to hear some further arguments.

Just need 3 more votes and that's a conclusion

After a very tiring debate off site, I'm going to drop my vote for inconclusive.

I think Daewi is the more skilled fighter but Garou isn't to far behind, it's definitely not a skill stomp in any real case. Not to mention, both of them have ways to instant win, Garou has his vibrations and Daewi has his hax infused blows.

I can see plenty of ways the fight will go down, so inconclusive is my choice.
Instead of comparing skills, I think it is way more productive to just list the characters feats and have people decide for themselves what is more impressive.

Adding onto this...

With the Bang fight, it is even more impressive than I give it credit for. Because during that Garou has to fight against Bang without being touched even a single time, otherwise his bones would be turned to dust by Bang's technique. Despite this, even in his sleep, he's able to adapt perfectly to this fact and use Roaring Aura Sky Ripping fist to deflect and counter attacks from Bang.

-

Garou has assimilated the knowledge of countless schools into his martial arts, potentially meaning that he's also skilled in countless different styles of martial arts. He once read a scroll of "forbidden techniques" and from just one reading could mimic Explosion Release Fist. He's easily stomped groups of martial artists and other skilled fighters before through sheer adaptation. And he attacks using a synergy of every martial art he's absorbed, many of which are far beyond basic techniques and styles, such as WSRSF, or WICF... unleashing barrages of ever-changing attacks with all of them at once. He states himself that against his techniques, timing is essentially irrelevant. Take that as you will.

He also has developed this much mostly over the course of just two days. With a lot of it being within only a few hours. So there's no telling where he can really go if provided with even more content to evolve with...

While it isn't in the manga per say, I do also think it's worth noting that Garou as ONE envisioned can predict movements going off a number of different aspects, ranging from breathing energy to ones center of gravity. Whereas in the manga this is shortened to just him being able to predict ones next moves.

-----

Now... Regarding this fight...

I really honestly don't want this to be a skill debate.

I think they are each debatably more skilled than the other, but overall pretty comparable.

There's many other factors that can be debated here that are arguably more important.

It's possible Daewi might not even be able to counter the radiation 100% of the time.

It's also possible that Daewi uses some one-shot hax as a starting move.

Or that Garou manages to hit Daewi that one time and pulverize him.

For those reasons I support the decision of inconclusive but am willing to hear some further arguments.
Y'all seriously debated each other in a godlike battle, off-screened each other, and called it a draw.

We're in the presence of two kings here.

Incon FRA.

Back