• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Kidkinsey said:
tbh i do think that kn0> red chakra mode

he appears to be stronger becuase of his rage
There is no evidence of this. Naruto was able to access the Nine Tails chakra after his training wkth Jiraiya. We can also see viable chakra oozing out like he did against Haku. He wasn't angry when he preformed the feat against Orochimarus snake. Now that he can better control his chakra, it would make more sense that it would be stronger.

@Aernasilver; thank you for bringing those to my attention. I shall create a thread, either to tackle all of them at once, or to handle each of them individually.

Those indeed need to be tackled. If there is no proper justification for the AP to scale to the durability, it should. There could be justification like him hurting someone that tanked or produced that, but the profile doesn't mention that at all and that's a failing.

Though some of those do have justification. Tony's outright two more besides. That's the least that is needed.

@LSirLancelotDuLacl; indeed. This is Basic Scaling 101. If you don't actually have a reason to scale someone to a certain value, then you don't say "Well, they should be".

If there are indeed dozens or hundreds of profiles that are affected by this, then I will make creating a CRT for this top priority and probably have it get notified to staff.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
There is no evidence of this. Naruto was able to access the Nine Tails chakra after his training wkth Jiraiya. We can also see viable chakra oozing out like he did against Haku. He wasn't angry when he preformed the feat against Orochimarus snake. Now that he can better control his chakra, it would make more sense that it would be stronger.
Completely agreed with this.

His physical characteristics changing=/=More power being drawn out. This would need examples or acceptable logic pointing it out to be the case.

Why not just do it like what we do with Ichigo. "'Tier' with 7th gate" etc. Unless they don't change tiers just say "'Higher'" with gates.

Edit: Just saw that it was already done on his profile. Smh.

The first gate gives a 5x boost, and each gate is stronger than the next. I believe there was also a statement for the lotus giving dozens of times boost.

Each Gate obviously makes the user stronger than the previous one, but that doesn't mean that each Gate grants the same level of power or speed.

Damage3245 said:
Each Gate obviously makes the user stronger than the previous one, but that doesn't mean that each Gate grants the same level of power or speed.
Its reasonable ti assume that each gate above the first gate would give an at least 5x boost for being superior to the first gate.

Damage3245 said:
Well if you analyze how big of a boost the 7th and 8th Gates give, it's very likely that each consecutive Gate grants a bigger power boost, or if you want to go with a lowball then at least as much as the first Gate.

If the difference was so massive, Gaara surviving when First Gate could already deal damage and crack his skin shield makes little sense.

He didn't nail the final blow, but that's still dozens of blows from someone dozens of times stronger than a form that could already hurt him.

... Or Gaara surviving is an outlier and Lee can scale to the dozens of times statement. Simply putting Higher with gates or sticking to any solid values seems better to me, though.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
Its reasonable ti assume that each gate above the first gate would give an at least 5x boost for being superior to the first gate.
I don't see how. The first Gate was only allowed a 5x multiplier because it unlocked the full usage of the user's brain rising from 20% to 100%.

The same logic cannot be applied to every Gate.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
If the difference was so massive, Gaara surviving when First Gate could already deal damage and crack his skin shield makes little sense.

He didn't nail the final blow, but that's still dozens of blows from someone dozens of times stronger than a form that could already hurt him.

... Or Gaara surviving is an outlier and Lee can scale to the dozens of times statement. Simply putting Higher with gates or sticking to any solid values seems better to me, though.
Gaaras sand armor was being peeled away, the only reason he survived is because his gourd took the impact of the attack. Its even stated the goured was used to protect himself.

And successive Gate multipliers being below the first Gate seems questionable to me Given the 7th and 8th provide insane power boosts(especially the 8th ofc)

I don't see how. The first Gate was only allowed a 5x multiplier because it unlocked the full usage of the user's brain rising from 20% to 100%.

The same logic cannot be applied to every Gate.

I suggest you reread chapters 85 and 86.

Oooh, that.

But, wait... He says this after the rubble clears and we can see the sand kinda wrapping him from below. Right before that, you see him slugging Gaara around and the Gourd is still perfectly still.

Sounds to me like he used it to protect as he fell down on the last attack. You even start to see the Gourd turn into sand and both Kakashi and Guy react to it after Lee does his last attack.

But again, his Sand Armor got cracked when he was hit by Lee before this.

Going from "cracking somewhat" to "cracked a lot" is not what happens when the base AP could clrack it and the AP after gates should be dozens of times stronger.

And his gourd only protected him from the impact with the ground. The Gourd does nothing until after Lee finishes the Hidden Lotus and Gaara gets blasted to the ground. Guy and Kakashi even notice and mention this AFTER the last blow.

Yeah, the gourd protects him from the impact with the ground, while his sand armor protects him from the impact to his body. The more chakra to put into the armor, the stronger it becomes and the more armor he can produce.

Where is it mentioned that the more chakra, the more it defends? All I remember is that it takes a ton of chakra since it is not automatic, so it is bad for Gaara if he actually has to use it.

Back