• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
A lonely monster attacks Pri-Pri-Prisoner out of fear, who counterattacks and knocks out the monster. Papyrus is mad at what Pri-Pri-Prisoner is doing to his citizens, and attacks him.

Papyrus (Undertale)

Vs

Pri-Pri-Prisoner (One Punch Man) (Pre-Monster Association arc)

Snowdin's Protector: 0

Naked Superhero: 0

Every Undertale thread ever for reasons above

Not really much to say

Except for

Can we don't

Eating Delicious Pancakes Right Now said:
Come on! Papyrus isn't even that tough in the game. Then again he did spared me before I could defeat him...
How tough he is to someone with Soul Resistance hardly matters to someone who does not resist

I love Undertale, but this is getting little ridiculous. There was supposed to be a war that the monster's fought against the humans, and they lost because of how much more powerful human souls were compared to monsters' souls. Even if if Pri Pri only had the soul of a base line human, it would be enough to tank a hit or two that he can't dodge. Heck, most of Papyrus's first attack can't even hurt anything. Enough time for Pri Pri to land his own punches which would destroy Papyrus. I'm mean, he can only take about twenty hits in a pacafist run. And thats from a the zombie corpse of a dead child possesed by another dead child sharing control with the player. Or just one normal health child depending on your interpretation.

That's because in Undertale they resist soulhax

OPM doesn't work like that

It's a matter of the interpretations between verses

Also, said child is able to take hits from Planes that move at Near Lightning speeds, so he's not in any way shape or form ordinary

Eating Delicious Pancakes Right Now said:
Could you please define OPM

I'm searching the definition and I'm getting "Other People's Money" and "Optimal Pooping Moment"...?!
One Punch Man.

According to saik when I asked him in chat a while ago, monsters do retain their weakness to killing intent. So if it means anything, OPM dude can definitely one shot. He just loses out to range disadvantage.

The Wright Way said:
though you could argue that the Optimal Pooping Moment grants soul resistance. </div>
HHaHAA, Oh Thank you.

Anyway. I can see how Frisk/Chara have stong soul resistance as their soul has the save and load ability, I can also see how other humans would have a slightly weaker soul resistance since their souls are said to be more powerful than monster souls. But that only humans in undertale have soul resistance or even a soul at all?

I guess you could use an analogy to Star Wars. People and creatures have a connection to the force and since the force only exists in Star Wars, other fictional character's can't be assumed to have the force.

But if your gonna force Pri Pri into the Undertale combat system, does it really make sense for him to be insta killed? As if he only had one health? You could just as easily assume that he can't dodge, attack, act, spare or even exist at all without any stats to speak of.

In the end, he is a human (kind of) and Human's in undertale are said to have strong souls, so at base line he should at least have a soul to speak of. Right?

If he didn't have a soul papyrus wouldn't be able to do shit. Verse equalization means he has a soul (which I don't entirely agree with but oh well), but it doesn't mean he has any sort of resistance to soul damage and as such he just sorta dies.

We do not grant powers because of verse equalization.

In undertale people who have enough willpower can stat amp themself into surviving an attack that destroys timelines. Do you expect that to be given only because they are human and have willpower?

Also, bloodlust alone is rarely enough to one-shot. Most often it only works when your enemy doesn't have the will to fight back, since that makes them weaker.

Back