• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
This is original series Ben who only has his Low 7-c forms available to transform into. (Ghostfreak, Four Arms, Diamondhead)

Speed equalized.

Fight takes place in the judgement hall.

Undertale cool dude papyrus by hellknight10-d9ci3lp
The Great Papyrus

vs.
Ben Tennyson Fusionfall

Papyrus win this handily. Ben gravitates towards his brawlers, so he'd lead with those, which is the worst way possible to fight Papyrus. Danmaku and Soul manip kick the stuffing out of him. Also, if Papyrus bone cages him, that's it. If Ben picks Ghostfreak, he has a shot at winning this, but I can't see him doing that.

Noahkaismith said:
Papyrus win this handily. Ben gravitates towards his brawlers, so he'd lead with those, which is the worst way possible to fight Papyrus. Danmaku and Soul manip kick the stuffing out of him. Also, if Papyrus bone cages him, that's it. If Ben picks Ghostfreak, he has a shot at winning this, but I can't see him doing that.
How does his soul manip work? If it's like Sans's then the omnitrix stops it. Also, ben gravitates towards his brawlers, (literally only Four arms and Diamondhead at this point, Wildmutt can't hang with those two sadly) once he realises that Four arms isn't cutting it he'll go diamondhead and then things get interesting. Also, how good is Papyrus against sonics, lightning and laser blast barrages?

@Kambings

He throw a bone and the bone does soul damage to the target

Seems like he doesn't try to dodge his opponents attacks...

@Anonimoe

Well that could be easily avoided unless its one of those 'rapid bones jutting out of nowhere inside a box' type deals, but even those could be handled by XLR8, Snare-Oh and maybe Ghostfreak

If we're talking about Papyrus not trying to dodge attacks then he's doomed

No I meant utilizing his speed to evade attacks, unless SE screws with that too. However I did mention Snare-Oh and Ghostfreak too.

How does that relate to Papyrus (am I missing something lol)

Ok, if that's the case all of Ben's forms can handle that(all have crazy good reactions speed unless that's somehow offset by SE too?) except maybe the more sluggish ones like diamondhead. Even Wildmutt or Stinkfly should be able to dodge that.

I mean the fact that he doesn't even try should show that he doesn't really bother, so even he does try to dodge someone with a widspread attack like diamondhead could take him.

However there's one thing I don't get, how can anyone hurt him from inside that box?

Speed Equalized mean everything have the same speed... so they would be dodging a bunch of attacks at the same speed they are moving

Inside that box? the box is GM

whoops. But still those attacks aren't nearly as impressive as Sans's, and Ben has certain forms that are more than agile enough to dodge his attacks.

GM?

Ok, so how would it apply in a fight with a character from another verse? like Would he just be able to make the bones shoot out from the ground or something?

Anyway, my mind has been made up for now. @Wright, my vote's on Ben

From what I saw in that video you sent he wasn't really throwing bones, the bones were kinda sprouting from the ground (maybe he could just do both like Diamondhead and his crystals)

Yep

So the way he uses his bones are like the same as Diamondhead's crystal's basic functions (throwing them and erupting them from the ground) but he materializes the crystals instead of generating them from his own body?

No, Papyrus is able to fire bones as projectiles, have them rupture from the ground, etc. He's actually capable of expanding and contorting your own bones, according to the wiki. Keep in mind that in his battle aganist you he is going very casual. The Omnitrix should not be able to stop Soul Manipulation. All Papyrus's does is increase gravity to the point where you can't fly. No Ghostfreak or Stinkfly for Ben. He is capable of dodging, it's just GM. That, and the fact that Frisk is much faster then him. His blue bones would certainly catch Ben off guard, and again, if he bone cages Ben, he's a goner.

Zs'kay'r destroys your soul once he enters you body. He got pushed out once he entered Ben's.

If he increases your gravity how can the character jump over the bones?

How fast are Papyrus's blue bones? according to Anonimoe speed equalized means speed for EVERYTHING, which means his attack speed and Ben's reaction speed would be equal and Ben can react accordingly. If not, then Ben has his relativistic combat speed and reactions going for him.

Keep in mind that Undertale's soul manipulation is really good. It literally is the equalivent of punching your soul in the face.

He increases the gravity to the point where you can jump, but not fly.

Just because he can see the bone coming doesn't mean he can dodge it. Blue bones hurt you if you move while your touching them. That would most certainly hit Ben at least the first few times. Frisk still had a somewhat difficult time with Papyrus, even though Papyrus was going easy and was much slower than them. If Papyrus is going all out and is the same speed as Ben, he's not gonna have much fun.

Yeah, but zs'kayr's literally is him not only punching your soul, but destroying it altogether.

Does phasing underground offset gravity manip?

At the same time now Ben can dodge those bones. In his human form alone Ben can AIM dodge lasers shot by a rather experienced individual(Manny spent his time in the Null Void fighting of Animo's forces and trained under both Max and Ben when he got out) If he sees a bunch of blue coloured bones being thrown at him he'd try his best to not get hit even if it's the first time he sees such an attack, plus he even if he didn't wanna dodge for some reason, Fourarms can thunderclap them, Diamondhead can cancel them out/form a shield or Ghostfreak can phase through them. Heck if the quantity isn't that much Upchuck could eat them, or if push comes to shove he could go upgrade and regen from the damage (though from what you say those blue bones would likely hurt Upgrade once they come into contact with him)

I take it that Frisk is the player character? If so then the vid Anonimoe sent me must be Papryus vs Frisk right? From what I could see it wasn't very impressive (though I'm likely missing something lol)

It would be a tough fight though, as in terms of AP Ben only has 4 forms that can keep up, XLR8 is basically useless because of SE and Ben is forced to resort to his other forms for utility only since most of them are tier 8

Anyway lets continue this tommorow because I have to go to bed

Ghostfreak wouldn't be able to phase through them, since the bones also hit the soul

Upchuck would get damaged due to soul manip

Upgrade can't heal soul damage

Well Ghostfreak, Diamondhead and Fourarms are stronger than Papyrus...

Back