• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Panda king VS Po the Kung fu Panda

Kazuma_kuwabara

She/Her
Kung-fu-panda-png-kung-fu-panda-png-png-image-512
Panda King no background
This is so thematic that I don´t need to explain why I am doing this fight
Standard battle assumptions

Speed Equalized

Po second movie key without hero´s chi vs Panda king high 8-C key (if is a stomp,I will close this)

Battle takes place in the arena where Sly fights Panda King

Po:

Panda king:0

Considering Po's training started with fireworks this is even better than I thought it would be.

I think Po takes a minor AP lead here, just because I can't find any numbers for the Mutant Primate, just a sheer size and an uncalced feat. So Panda King should be a bit above baseline for being physically stronger than Sly, while Po sits at 3.6 tons via Tai Lung.

Panda King takes range however, First Movie Po doesn't have many range options and is going to need to close the distance. It's not a huge distance, but it is a starting advantage in Panda King's favor.

Both have particularly high skill by this point. Po's accelerated development had him pretty effectively fighting Tai Lung despite the high experience disadvantage, and Panda King is obviously a skilled martial artist in his own right on top of bringing explosives to the party, so the two should be able to keep up with each other reasonably well.

But Po also has the Wuxi Finger Hold, an impressive BFR that Panda King doesn't seem to have any resistance to other than avoiding it. With Po being ever so slightly tougher, and the range not being a huge distance to make up, I think its reasonable to say the two will have a lot of drawn out CQC that will give Po the chance to use it.

It's likely going to be an extended slugfest, since Po doesn't seem likely to use it early on, but just having the Wuxi Finger Hold as a possibility means it should be a safe win in his corner, since Po can definitely keep up with and tank everything Panda King can dish out and match him decently in a close-ranged fight.

Thank you, could not find that feat.

That gives Panda King a higher AP than what I started with in my assumption, but he's still tailing behind Po just a bit. Plus everything else does seem to stand, so I still think Po can handle this.

Po FRA. He also has a lifting strength advantage which helps with BFRing the panda king.

Po FRA, and for kind of rendering Flame-Fu ineffective due to tanking the huge fire pit in the Training Hall several times.

If we're taking the game version of the movie into account then Po could potentially just leap off the fireworks with the Leaping Monkey technique but that's neither here nor there.

Dang...the 8-C calc is about a 7.5x differance from Sly Cooper's High 8-C. Plus Panda King is supposed to be superior to Sly, so the differance should be even greater.

That's fairly decent one-shot territory, skill and the Wuxi Finger Hold can't make up for that. Guess this is a stomp now.

In all fairness, Po scales far above the calc, especially if you use KFP2/3 Po

Since we're using '8-C' key for Po, that does kinda imply only First Movie. I will agree though later movies might be able to help minimize the AP problem, if we switch over to one of the later movies and restrict Chi we could probably make this work and still be fair.

Panda King would still have a very decent AP advantage still, and start with a range advantage.

But Po would scale above the the first movie enough to not instantly get one-shotted, have decent skill from everything he's gone through across the series, better lifting strength, and the Wuxi Finger Hold is still really impressive as a BFR

With all that in mind, it's a much closer fight, I'm not as confident in my choice this time around now...I'll wait on input.

If we take later moves into account, Po could also potentially use Inner Peace to counter the Panda King's fireworks and his range advantage.

So, with the second movie, Po scales a little further off of Tigress's feat, and gets Inner Peace to redirect projectiles like fireworks (which probably move about as fast as cannonballs).

Hmm...

Second movie scaling is essentially Young Tigress <<< Tigress (obvious) << Tai Lung (casually beat the whole furious five) < Lord Shen (Beat two masters who could keep up with KFP3 Tigress and Shifu) << Thundering Rhino (Shen agreed he was no match for him) << Shen's cannons (One-shot Thundering Rhino through his guard). And Po took a near point blank shot from Shen's cannons, plus he was able to redirect them.

In terms of skill, he's > the Furious Five, going off of Legends of Awesomeness, and could replicate the forbidden moves by seeing them once.

Eh, I don't think Legends of Awesomeness is a good indicator of his skill.

Most of the stuff in LoA that shows Po has better skill happens after the episode Rhino's Revenge, which is after KFP2.

Unless we're merging second movie with Legends of Awesomeness on this one, in which case Po gets another wincon with the Mindslip.

Most of Legends of Awesomeness does take place after 2.

Either way it gives him a fair amount of range due to the Mongolian Fireball to counter the Panda King's range, the Golden Lotus Clap to blind the Panda King so he can go in with the Finger Hold, etc.

Back