• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pack Mentality; Bigby Wolf vs. The Captain

Author's Note (IMPORTANT!): A higher tier character cannot always beat a character with lower tier, especially if their power levels are close to each other. Another thing, so little is known about The Captain, I have also proposed my own theories about his past into this. (For awesomeness, the song "Before I Forget" by Slipknot can be played by you while enpicturing this battle).

Story: The Captain recently received an order from the Major concerning a certain supernatural force over by a nearby town, and he needed to extinguish it. The Captain, though, knew this was no ordinary supernatural creature. It was someone who happened to be quite a bit like himself, perhaps not in personality, but in species, maybe. He has heard all about him in his childhood, particularly in tales told by his mother. He mentally sighed, as he was physically incapable because he was a mute, and he looked down at the silver tooth he held in his hand. It has been so long, a life full of regrets and sorrow. If someone could even call this a "life", he thought. The tooth he held in his hand formerly belonged to his uncle, who happened to be a Jew, and was killed by the Nazis. Hell, the only reason he was working with them was because he never knew. They just gave it to him when he was promoted to Captain rank, and when he did find out, he only stayed because he wanted to die, but only at the hand of a worthy opponent. Perhaps this next foe will be worthy, but if not, he will fulfill his duty without mercy.

Sheriff Bigby Wolf was sitting at the local bar, enjoying some whiskey. Germany seemed like a nice country, and he was grateful a majority was able to speak english, despite their accents. He took another sip of whiskey, until a motorcycle crashed through the window. As he turned around, he saw a man in a green military trench coat standing there. Bigby squinted. "What the hell, and here I was thinking I was finally getting a break from all this chaos." He got up and stared at the man. He noticed the man was actually pretty tall, with red glowing eyes glaring from under his hat. It was almost intimidating, but the man had not spoken a single word during this stareoff. Bigby clenched his fists, knuckles popping, until the man pulled out two Mauser pistols with unusually long barrels and started firing.

Rules:

-Both have their standard equipment.

-Both are against each other one-on-one, no outside interference.

-The Captain has minor prep, due to Mission Briefing, but overall, first encounter.

-The Captain will start out testing Bigby, and if he proves powerful enough, will start to transform. Bigby will start in his human form, then will start cycling through his other wolfen forms in order from weakest to strongest.

-Morals on (fighters in character), but winner decided by death.

-Location takes place in German bar.

Who wins, and why?

I'm unfamiliar with the details of Fables/Wolf Among Us. My question is, can Bigby be killed by being torn apart? I know The Captain can't hurt him with his guns, but he proved enough to be a physical threat to Seras. I also know that Seras was able to grab him when she caught him off guard and she messed up his leg pretty bad, so it makes sense to me that Bigby could be beaten to death at least.

You apparently also haven't looked at Bigby's profile.

Bigby has town level durability, the captain's city block level attack potency isn't going to be enough to do any damage at all.

I'm fairly new to this wiki, so I don't know all the rules, but is the rule that if a character is fighting someone with durability higher than theirs, they can't wear them down over time? Granted, I don't know the distance between city-block and town, but if Bigby can't even touch The Captain, Bigby should eventually be beaten down. It may take some time, but I think it could happen

The Captain wins, although Bigby Wolf does have Regenerationn. The Captain has Immortality, Regenerationn and most importantly Intagablity where Bigby Wolf can literally do no damage unless he can effect the Spirit. Although Bigby Wolf can create Earthquakes, The Captain has Immortality that he can regenerate so his Earthquakes are quite useless. Fissures can't really touch him, also The Captain is much faster running at Hypersonic Level. Also The Captain does have Combat Intelligence. So The Captain can do damage to him over time, eventually killing Bigby Wolf.

the ruling is a little vague but from what I understand chip damage stops working at a 5X power difference. furthermore town level is roughly 1000X greater than city block level according to the attack potency chart (which I recommend you read, I would also recommend that you should look up the real world weapons that are listed on this wiki for comparison eg the nukes dropped on japan in WW2 are both listed as town level).

@uselessnoob245

untrue, the captain can be killed with silver (bigby can too but I can find no evidence of the captain using silver weapons). Bigby is also capable of tanking attacks 1000 times stronger than the captain can dish out so the captain isn't going to be able to wear him down.

I never said he did, not that he would need it as Bigby could disperse the captains mist form with his breath attack and since the captains Regenerationn likely isn't good enough to restore him from less than mist (and before you say 'the captain is immortal' his immortality is reliant on him being able to regenerate) but of course the captain is to fast for Bigsby to reliably hit hence my verdict in my original post.

Back