• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ozpin (RWBY) vs Roswaal (Re:Zero)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Oie transparent Ozpin
Roswaal l. mathers
I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. It seems so obvious in hindsight.

Prime Ozpi vs Roswaal

Speed is not equalized unless this is a blitz.

Who wins?

How does he do that? It doesn't state that he can ignore durability in his profile.

Roswall>julius who can split souls, he can also overwrite the souls of his descendants with his own, and can make contracts which bind peoples souls over time and distance so that even subaru's time resets wouldn't negate it (albeit apparently the light novel removed this ability to bind souls over time and distance).

Though as usual roswaal probably shouldn't be used in a match either just like ever re zero top tier due to all the material with them fighting being untranslated so we have no idea what they can do, it's seriously frustrating.

If people want to use re zero characters i would advise them to stick to the city block level people and below that cause everyone else upwards all we have is some scaling and little info on what they can actually do.

None of that seems like it let's him ignore dura, Julius attack didn't seem to negate dura it was just something that would destroy the soul so Sloth couldn't body hop.

The contract one doesn't seem combat applicable either. But if you don't think Roswaal should be used in fights then you can close this if you want to .

Destroying souls=ignoring durability, julius can do that because he can combined all 6 elements, roswaal is the best magic practitioner in the country and has a blessing which makes him able to use all 6 elements, if julius can do it, roswaal who is the best magic practitioner in the country, and is hundreds of years old, and a top tier in the verse, can do it.

Though the contract isn't combat applicable, and was apparently removed from the light novel version of arc 4. But as i said we have no idea what this guy can do since when he showed up in arc 4 he was severely nerfed, and the stuff with him at his best like when he fought puck, is untranslated.

Destroying souls=/= ignoring Dura in the slightest. That's the whole thing with Guts who can kill souls but it's mention that he can't ignore dura.

It seems to me that this kind of soul manipulation would only be useful against body hoppers or people with Low-Godly regen.

(I didn't read the Light Novel version of Julius's attack only saw the anime so maybe they changed something)

But you can close this I already have another fight.

Also it should be mention that Julius and Roswaal can ignore durability via attacking the soul. Not having that in their profile makes no sense if they actually can.

"Soul Manipulation - Those who manipulate souls, can bypass conventional durability." Literally from the durability negation page, and as far as i am aware guts is a special case as he can't just kill souls by attacking people but those who he kills, stay dead cause he destroyed their soul, in other words he actually needs to kill them for it to work or something like that.

Anyway closing this due to lack of info on roswaal's abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back