• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ozmas vs Crocodile

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
He didnt freeze salem because he loved her and didnt want to kill her
That's laughable. Like, I'm sorry, you really couldn't be more wrong with that statement.

Ozpin has been trying to find ways to kill Salem for god knows how long. He was definitely trying to kill her then seeing as he reduced her to a puddle, and he went on an entire journey to find the relic of knowledge just to find out how to kill her.

What's far, far more likely is that Salem would have just broken out of the ice with her own powers if she was trapped in it.

I'm pretty sure reducing someone to a puddle after you realized they're planning on committing mass murder is pretty close to "wanting to kill someone".

Salem could have probable just broken out of or melted the ice. She has the same powers as the maidens/Ozmas anyways. You're making this small issue much more complicated than it needs to be.

People acting like Crocodile reducing a person to sand hasn't been seen or at least possible. Look at his introduction. All were mummified and mostly reduced to dust.

One touch on Ozma and Crocodile wins (after penetrating his aura, of course). While Ozma has to go through trial-and-error to figure out any possible way to even harm Crocodile (He's not a mind-reader of any sort. He has to first understand how his opponent's abilities work in order to eventually come up with a plan of action). Not to mention Crocodile has the endurance and durability to withstand hits from Ozma for an extended duel in the first place.

Even so, Crocodile opt'd to evade attacks from Luffy in their first fight rather than to solely rely on his dispersion, even though there was no need to. Once he realized that Luffy's abilities had no way to harm him, he stopped dodging and mocked Luffy. The thought that Crocodile will sit idle and take attacks from the start is unsupported when he has only done so against fodder that he was luring into his range, and against Luffy, who he already had information about.

Ozma went into magic slugging match with Salem until he was unable to fight back after taking lethal damage.

Again, even if Ozma is spamming attacks that Crocodile can not disperse against (Water, or other elements that counter his sand dispersion), he can take the hits due to his durability, and his powers aren't deactivated. He can still use his poison hook and dehydration + sand attacks.

The conclusion is quite clear. Crocodile wins.

@Cin Ozmas can simply point at Croc and freeze him, or glass him with aoe flames that are hotter than magma

Voting for Ozma for reasons stated by WeeklyBattles. It's not about why he never did it against Salem (Miles and Kerry are really bad at writting), it is all about the fact that he could do it against Croc.

And you shall ignore that ozma is just not starting with that in-character, and croc does start with transforming the area into a desert in-character.

The aoe flame was already explained above. Croc has the dura to tank the heat, and I don't remember the flames spanning for dozens of meters in all directions.

I am still waiting for where anyone in ruby froze something that wide.

The fact that they are kilometers apart, giving croc the time to make a desert even if ozma wanted to start with freezing only makes voting based on that worse.

@Weekly - Because Crocodile can't break out of the ice, and freezing Cinder (via Raven) worked so incredibly well, correct (She was just fine after the attack. In the same weakened condition as before taking the hit, no less)? Cinder had time to watch Raven prepare the attack, so if you want to argue that the attack is instantaneous and can't be dodged, I find that to be on the contrary.

Show me any source of any Logia in One Piece staying in their logia form when coming into contact with elements that directly or indirectly render their logia dispersion useless. Water prevents Crocodile from turning to sand, Heat can burn Monet's body directly, and fire burns Aokiji if hot enough to bypass his intang and durability (The point comes next).

A flame explosion will either blast Crocodile apart (as sand), or hit his body directly if his logia powers are useless to defend against it. Also, 1500 some degrees Celcius in an explosion/flame attack isn't going to turn Crocodile into glass, even if you did argue him dispersing into sand. ANY sand melts and begins forming into glass well after 1680 degrees celcius, and would even need temperatures reaching over 1720 degrees to make such an argument (It takes far more than you've claimed for sand to be formed into glass).

What was the melting point of marble again? 1517C? So not close enough to turn sand to glass like you claim.

Both arguments against Crocodile are moot.

Crocodile has more means to avoid attacks from Ozma than the other way round in any case.

Seeing as its not ice that encases you, rather its direct freezing, yes, he wouldnt be able to break out of it. And yes the attack cannot be dodged as there is no projectile to it.

Ice is water my guy.

Its not an explosion, its a pillar of flame that is hot enough that it would turn any sand Croc threw at Oz into liquid glass. Oz's flames scale to Cinder's, which are hot enough to turn marble into liquid with just a touch.

It's not like freezing Croc would even kill him due to Logia powers.

He can just break out of the ice seeing as they have the same AP.

Also freezing probably wouldn't be Ozmas' first move while dehydrating Ozmas is most definitely Croc's first move.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo He cant break out of it as theres nothing to break out of
I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Croc stays alive due to him being made of sand and just breaks out of the ice with AP, then proceeds to envelop the area in sand and touch Ozmas.

...? I have no idea what youre talking about. Oz's freezing directly freezes the opoonent's body itself, it doesnt encase them in ice like ice dust

@Dargoo tHere isnt anything for Croc to break out of. Oz's ice isnt encasement it directly freezes the opponent's body

Sand is already solid though.

Lowering Crocodile's temperature wouldn't do anything. I guess it would give his attacks more of a bite on Ozmas when they hit.

WeeklyBattles said:
...? I have no idea what youre talking about. Oz's freezing directly freezes the opoonent's body itself, it doesnt encase them in ice like ice dust
And? The sand just detatches itself from one another.

Flesh is like 70 percent water. That's why freezing it usually kills you.

Sand is just small rocks.

You sort of need something to be liquid or partially liquid to "freeze" it.

No, he just freezes your body by lowering its temperature.

That would do absolutely nothing to someone made of sand.

WeeklyBattles said:
@ricsi Encase every grain of sand in croc's body with frozen water, what happens next?
They easily break it because croc has the AP to do so and has control over each grain 9f sand.

Or just puts himself together eith the desert he made for himself.

WeeklyBattles said:
Proove that he just lowers body temperature. Nothing in the show even remotely implies that
That is textboom what freezing is. If it created water cinder would have died due to bloodpressure with all the extra water.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo And yet the same freezing was able to freeze Cinder's grimm arm
Which I assume would have to have a liquid component to freeze, as by definition for something to "freeze" it needs to change from a liquid to solid state.

Look, I don't know why this is so difficult to explain. Putting dry sand into a freezer doesn't make it start acting differently.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Ricsi You didnt read what i said did you? Every grain of sand is covered in water.
And did you not read me asking proof that he can do it over several dozens of meters?

And they just absorb the water, like he does. Or break it, whichever he prefers.

WeeklyBattles said:
Proove that he just lowers body temperature. Nothing in the show even remotely implies that
freez┬Àing

/╦êfrēziNG/

adjective: freezing

below 32┬░F (0┬░C).

"strong winds and freezing temperatures" synonyms: bitter, bitterly cold, icy, chill, frosty, glacial, wintry, subzero, hypothermic; More raw, biting, piercing, bone-chilling, penetrating, cutting, numbing; arctic, polar, Siberian "a freezing wind"

antonyms: balmy (used hyperbolically) very cold. "he was freezing and miserable"

synonyms: frozen, extremely cold, numb with cold, chilled to the bone/marrow, frozen stiff, shivery, shivering; informalfrozen to death

"you must be freezing"

antonyms: hot

It's great that everyone repeats the same things (you too cin, I did bring up croc one-shots with dehydratation).

I'll just wait a minute before responding from now on.

"Ice is water my guy" Oh jeez. You got me~

Actually, no.

Yes, it's water, but it is frozen, crystallized water. water that is crystallized can not reliably cause sand particles to fuse together, let alone get wet, therefore it is not a reliable counter against Crocodile's sand body.

Now for the "the freezing caused the ice..." argument. Cinder was under-water and unconscious while the ice was scattered away from her. She was more than likely encased in ice rather than frozen. And if she were frozen to the point where ice formed around her skin (Under -28 degrees Celcius at this point... considerably lower than -35 degrees to happen so quickly, actually), her skin would've cracked just from the cold if not the fall, not have ice fall off of it after hitting water after falling a great distance. The surrounding water (from a meter or so away) after impact would've also started freezing.

Now you're ignoring my points. Sand melts around 1680~1720C depending the type, Marble melts around 1517C. Big difference. Crocodile being turned to glass is not going to happen when the argued attack burns at a far lower temperature than what is required for such a possibility.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Ricsi You didnt read what i said did you? Every grain of sand is covered in water.
Croc's sand is dry. It's why getting wet is a weakness of his; as it interferes with his elemental intangibility.

Dry Sand by definition lacks any reasonable amount of water. Yes, if you want to start counting atoms there is water in anything, but not enough to where freezing it does anything.

RegisNex1232 said:
Apart from freezing, what else can Ozmas do? Apparently his fire powers won't be that effective here.
I guess he could try what Salem did to the nevermore, gravuty crush from the inside and make it form a ball.

WeeklyBattles said:
Which wont do anything due to the sand in the area
If he started with it it would work. He doesn't, and it wouldn't count for incap regardless since he has to keep it up.

Regardless of weekly's arguments, Croc stomps pretty easily. Now if you put him against Salem...

Central Park is hardly a desert. There is sand there but it's way to sparse to make a difference. Croc would have to transform it into a desert first.

If Ozmas can crush Croc's body into a pulp tha would probably do the trick, although the AP being so close doesn't really make me think he has the power to do something like that easy.

This is probably just a definitive win for Croc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back