• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch Vs Team Fortress 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
TF2 is the high peak of Superhuman tier verses, as Overwatch reaches Urban Tier. It's 9-A vs. High 8-C, like a small dog trying to make its way through an ordinary door.

Overwatch stomps TF2 for (probably) more characters, and more destructive feats.

To be fair, one TF2 Merc can probably do the job of 3 Overwatch heroes. Also, lore-wise, TF2 has way better combat feats than Overwatch. Their experience alone should trump Overwatch's. This not bringing up the fact that the TF2 gang are practically immortal and have luck that rivals Master Chief.

Still, ya gotta admit that the TF2 guys have insane luck. All of them either escaped death or died once and just came back like nothing happened.

Not gonna out luck getting punched with Large Building level force.

True. But in terms of has, what does TF2 have again? I haven't touched the game in so long. All I know is that a single Merc has at least 5 different weapons for each of their 3 weapon slots.

They can only carry one per slot, they can't just store and pull stuff out of hammerspace.

This is an all around stomp and needs to be closed.

EMagoIorSouI said:
TF2 is the high peak of Superhuman tier verses, as Overwatch reaches Urban Tier. It's 9-A vs. High 8-C, like a small dog trying to make its way through an ordinary door.
Overwatch stomps TF2 for (probably) more characters, and more destructive feats.
A character dont win just because it has better tier.

Funny thing is, it looks like they don't have a better tier anymore.

Everyone in TF2 has apparently been upgraded to High 8-C.

Don't really know why though. Apparently it scales from soldier, who's calcs are still only Smol Building-Building.

DMUA said:
Don't really know why though. Apparently it scales from soldier, who's calcs are still only Smol Building-Building.
The calc that was in the link is 2 Tons, which is baseline Large Building.

Umm.......

1.2 tons is the best feat. That's only building level.

Ooooh.

Though scout's was only .3 tons. Okay.

I'm actually going TF2. Many Overwatch characters are only High 8-C with gear, which the TF2 cast can work around. Not only that, TF2 characters are not new to fighting hordes of enemies comparable to themselves. Pyro casually took out an entire team. Not only that, TF2 characters are comedicly durable. It would take a ton of effort for team Overwatch to put down a single character, let alone all of them. Finally, while Overwatch does top-out at 8-A with Pharoh's, Diva's, and Roadhog's ultimates, these aren't something that they can spam and use regularly. Meanwhile, TF2's Merasmus' is 8-B regularly, which is more than enough to either one-shot or heavily cripple all of Overwatch's cast.

Doomfist one shots Reaper is intangible, good luck getting passed that. Also, TF2 is baseline large building level, overwatch is just a tad bit over, closer to mid end then it is baseline iirc

Not to mention even if it's something they can't spam, given the AoE of Pharah's, Roadhog's, and D.Va's ults, they don't really need more than one.

Yeah, AOE is a thing. Although I will give TF2 has funnier sfms and characters. I doubt they can tank any of the ultimates from overwatch. And they still have that AP edge.

Now that this is actually fair, I have some questions:

• Are both sides restricted to their main heroes? Or are non-playable beings allowed as well?
  • Base TF2? Or MvM?
  • Does Scout have his bucket of chicke
  • What weapons do the characters on each side get to have? (As I'm pretty sure both games have upgraded/alternate weapons for each character)
Also, the AP difference between the games' heroes themselves isn't all that large. Overwatch is like 2.9 tons via scaling from Mei IIRC. 2 tons VS 2.9 tons is comparatively miniscule.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Now that this is actually fair, I have some questions:
If composite, it is 8-B vs 8-A iirc

Nah dude, the real question here is if tf2 mercs have their sandwitch ovo That thing can solo overwatch verse.

I mean, I like both, but most of the arguments above are a little debatable

Better Experience?

Captain Amari and Soldier 76 literally beat the entire cast in years as well as field missions.

Better AP?

Overwatch is 2.9 tons, TF2 is barely 2 tons.

Better Durability?

Did you guys forget shields exists?

Merasmus transmute everyone is probably the only thing I can think of that is valid.

But at least TF2 has better memes, right guys?

Noahkaismith said:
Doesn't Reaper's intangiblity have a drawback or something? Like it only lasts for a while?
Not what we have seen in cinematics, he has been intagible for a good minute infiltrating the base in the sombra cinematic (which name alludes me at this point)

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Also, the AP difference between the games' heroes themselves isn't all that large. Overwatch is like 2.9 tons via scaling from Mei IIRC. 2 tons VS 2.9 tons is comparatively miniscule.
True, but the ap gap varies.

Pulsebomb one shots even a tank as well as Zarya barriers reaching near 8-A levels of DC.

Assuming we're using all TF2 characters and not just playable ones, OW also has the slight numbers advantage, if that matters at all.

Starryknight200 said:
Assuming we're using all TF2 characters and not just playable ones, OW also has the slight numbers advantage, if that matters at all.
Well, in TF2's defense, we have charas that canonically not fighters

Mei does not fight, neither does symmetra (even though ffa spawn nests would like to have a word with me etc)

This somewhat balances out imo.

Honestly, more fair then it ever was at one point but yeah.

The Wright Way said:
Can't Merasmus just transmute everybody?
I mean, a DVa ult can kill everyone so if that is valid, so is this.

Honestly, verse vs verse matchups are a pain to do, there is too many factors it is not even funny

And I like both TF2 and overwatch for very different reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back