• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch - Upgrade?

Hmm sorry for continuing to lengten this conversation but seeing how the thing has an HP bar and blocking capabilities i figured it should have at least some sort of "convert energy to light input/output" that would result in a form of AP (kinda how we say certain things like Stars are a certain DC level by sheer force of size or energy)

If Rein's Sheild can be declared as Multi-City Block for blocking D.Va's ult, I see no idea why Sym's ult wouldn't.

Durability yes but it wouldnt scale to AP

Sym's forcefield is already 8-A for blocking Dva's ult

What do you think about her Attack Speed being lightspeed now? The big kicker that made it not lightspeed before is its curving beam, but now it doesnt curve, its just a straight beam.

Stated to be photons

By Symmetra, a scientist who specialized in light and light-based constructs

Yeah no it only scales to Sym's attack speed and nothing else as no one has shown to be able to react to it

Sounds good although that would be her beam, and not her projectile attacks from what I'm aware of.

Also, off topic, but can you vote on Lucio vs. Flynt? I only have one vote left, lol.

I know this is probably kind of a necro, but as I have played a metric ton of Overwatch, I just wanted to say a few things. Firstly, Symmetra isn't the only character who's weapon has been described as using a form of particle. Zarya's primary weapon is called the Particle Cannon and has very similar traits to Symmetra's, namely in the fact that they are both particle based weapons that act as a ranged beam and can't be reacted too. Secondly, the notion that Zarya and Symmetra both use particle based weaponry can be observed as these are two of five characters who's weapon fire can't be deflected by Genji. Another thing is that Genji's deflect ability has a weakness, it can't deflect weapon fire who's projectles function on a very small scale or aren't tangible. This is seen in him being unable to deflect Moira's damage beam, which is described as functioning on the molecular structure as she quotes when she heals or damages, "I'm rearranging your molecular structure." then there is Mei's freeze gun, which, once more, isn't very tangible as it is simply a very cold gaseous, and finally there's Winston's Lightning Cannon, which is self explanatory as lightning isn't a tangible force. These observations support the notion that both Zarya and Symmetra's weapons fire on a microscopic scale that can't be touched without specialized equipment. Ok, that's all, sorry for this massive wall of information.

Back