• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch Speed Upgrades/Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
A pretty big upgrade for Doomfist and Overwatch as a whole, Doomfist dodging the electricity from Winston's Tesla Gun was calced at Mach 1300+, a huge upgrade for the whole verse. It was also brought to my attention that Genji's Mach 6 feat should actually be mach 36 due to him being able to block bullets from a total of six Bastions, not just one.

Also, should Symmetra have SoL attack speed seeing as her gun literally shoots photons?

I think the MHS+ seems legit and if everyone scales that should be fine but about the SoL i'm iffy on it

Is there a something to support it acting like a light based projectile?

Hmmm no one has dodged in lore yes? If so then i'm fine with SoL guns

@Weekly

My main issue with Symmetra's Photon Projector is the fact that well, it doesn't act like normal light in use.

Photon Projector beams bend and sway constantly, which contradicts our lightspeed criteria.

Hmm...I see...

On second thought it doesnt show any reflective properties either, but its still described as firing photons and described as light. Would that matter?

Given the other feats in the series, it isn't wholly outrageous, but given the whole debacle with Soldier: 76 I'd like more input before we move forward.

I mean we currently have a very casual Mach 36 feat from Genji, 76's feat, and now this. Not sure why them being this fast is still under debate.

I do agree with the upgrade, though the calc doesn't t fully convice me, I think the feat just by watching you can say is MHS+, so yeah, MHS+ Overwatch!

I mean if you or someone wants to recalc it feel free to, but its absolutely MHS+, without a doubt

IMO, Massive Outlier

Genji's ability that allows for blocking Bullets is far more consistent with an Amped upper maximum of character feats. I say Amped because he can only do it during the 2 second duration of his ability, and not at will.

It is consistent with character model scaling and lore, and doesn't render the rest of character feats as PIS.

Just my 2 cents.

>Amped

Unless they have Nano-Boost, no Overwatch character can amp their combat speed

Plus Genji's feat is extremely, EXTREMELY casual, whereas he needed actual effort to fight Doomfist

I wouldn't say casual, since it is an ability that has a cool down, and he cannot spam it. He cannot consistently operate at that speed or even attack with that speed, it's a defensive manuever. His normal attacks are listed at way below that speed.

I mean his shuriken are one of his fastest attacks, and it's only 60 m/s.

Again, it's just my personal thoughts. I know some people prefer to use fan scaling rather than the in game / wiki measurements.

He is constantly operating and attacking at that speed, that is why is is rated as High Hypersonic in general, not just with that one technique

He can't block bullets unless he is using Deflect. He isn't casually that fast. That's why when he is just normal, he can get tagged by much slower projectiles.

Game mechanics, there's no difference in speed when he is and isnt using Deflect

Plus, the in-game speeds arent accurate, Lucio literally attacks with sound waves but theyre only listed as being 50 m/s. Hell, Bastion's tank shells are only listed as moving 44 m/s when in reality theyre moving at 1,575 m/s.

I'm pretty sure the game speeds are accurate for what they are. Sound isn't normally green or projectile in nature, so they shouldn't be expected to move 343 m/s like sound.

Where did you get 44 m/s for Bastion? I can only find that his gun is Hitscan which is instant because it isn't dodgeable outside of special moves.

Either way... I thought Game Mechanics were intangibles like Level or Hit Points, rather than measureable things like speed of projectiles and characters?

But again, this is just my view. I find the feat to be an outlier, because it isn't consistent with the game speeds. But if the game speeds are considered unreliable, then by all means, use whatever floats your boat.

The color of it makes no difference, sound is sound. The in-game speed listings are horribly innacurate, theyre much, much lower than they should be.

Here, his munitions for his Tank Configuration are 44 m/s, tank shells can move at 1,575 m/s

No, Game Mechanics are a lot more than just that.

Some fiction treat things differently. You can have laser beams that aren't the speed of light (more like plasma) or magical lightning that doesn't move the speed of lightning. When someone has a physical green glowing projectile, it is hard to say that is actually the same as real life sound.

As for the Tank speed of fire... Bastion isn't actually a tank... He's way smaller... and just like we could design a tee-shirt cannon that fires projectiles really slowly, Bastion can lob tank shell explosives to.

I just don't see the need to claim the dev team and game are "invalid" by relating things to the speed of things in our universe, when they clearly list speeds for us.

The thing is: Writers don't do maths.

We can't ignore things that happens in-universe because of a statement from the authors.

Writers don't do maths. True.

Game devs do though. If we can take their character heights and weights as true, can't we take the run, attack, and projectile speeds as having some merit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back