• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch Speed Revision

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So, according to his profile, Soldier: 76 is Massively Hypersonic+ via outrunning an explosion. However I clicked the link and it is High Hypersonic+.

I asked Dargoo Faust in chat, he says Soldier: 76 probably scales to Tracer, so I checked Tracer's profile as well, and Tracer scales to Soldier: 76 and Reaper. I clicked Reaper, and Reaper scales to Soldier: 76 and Tracer.

Dargoo Faust says maybe it's cuz Tracer dodged missiles, but I'm 99% sure missiles aren't MHS+.

Downgrade to High Hypersonic+?

They are actually supposed to be downgraded now that our electricity speed standards have changed

Yeah feel free to revert them to their prior speeds, this was agreed on months ago but never implimented

I was gonna ask if oyu could finish the revision to put them all at High 8-C because that was agreed on a while ago but never fully implimented either...

It seems like Weekly answered it, but yeah, the Tesla Cannon calc was eventually rejected because of our revised lightning standards.

With my knowledge of Overwatch, the downgrades are completely appropriate. Though the explosion dodging feat is likely the best feat of speed we've seen, there's other high spead feats, such as Genji bisecting one of Hanzo's arrows in the animated "Dragons" short, Tracer reacting to and dodging a round from Widow's Sniper at close range during the "Alive" short, Widow being able to snipe one of Tracer's pulse bombs before it's detonation in the forementioned short, and though this could be chalked up to game play mechanics, I feel this is worth mentioning. Lucio's weapon is referred to as the Sonic Amplifier, and it's description is stated as "Lucio can hit his enemies with sonic projectiles," which would indicate the projectiles are sound waves, and given the speed of sound through air is around 332 metres per second. However, Lucio's projectiles are one of the slowest, if not the slowest projectiles in the game, possibly second to Pharah's rockets. Characters are easily capable of dodging the projectiles. This supports the High Hypersonic+ speed rating.

Back