• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bungou Stray Dogs: Speed Revision

Introduction;

The verse is rated Hypersonic+ to High Hypersonic based on an unaccepted calc which is full of assumptions, well since it's not accepted in first place I don't even need to debunk it.

I made 3 calcs in order to give a proper rating for the verse:

- Bungo Stray Dogs: Chūya Nakahara blocks a bullet (Hypersonic)

- Bungo Stray Dogs: Oda dodges a bullet (Hypersonic)

- Bungou Stray Dog: Atsushi catches a bullet (Hypersonic+ reaction)

As supportive evidences I will present more bullet dodging feats since the characters are constantly treated as >bullets:

- Here we have Demon snow cutting bullets from machine guns close range casually

- Here we have Teruko deflecting bullets from a dual machine at the same time

- Here we have Atsushi and Akutagawa catching bullet with their hands close range

Who scales to this:

Basically everyone,

Atsushi in both keys scales higher than base Chuuya, who performed one hypersonic feat, so in speed they should be around the same level, Atsushi would be rated Hypersonic combat speed with Hypersonic+ reaction and following the profile's justifications everyone would gain the same rating, Oda would scale Akutagawa due to this (which is not on his profile currently)

Staff votes;

Staff agrees @Propellus

Staff disagrees -

Staff neutrals -

Last edited:
As long as the calcs check out like the OP says, you have my signal.

- Here we have Demon snow cutting bullets from machine guns close range casually
This feat in particular seems like it'd be worth calculating. Judging by the sound effect, 9 bullets were fired between the three of them. On top of that, it looks like one bullet was cut in half six times (Unless I miscounted). Which would mean 54 cuts were made in total.

I could do it if you want.

This feat in particular seems like it'd be worth calculating. Judging by the sound effect, 9 bullets were fired between the three of them. On top of that, it looks like one bullet was cut in half six times (Unless I miscounted). Which would mean 54 cuts were made in total.

I could do it if you want.
You know the problem with that feat? as far as I can tell the only panel that can give a proper distance between the guns and the Atsushi is the first one you see, by angsizing it it would be something like 1 m, the problem is that impossible that it's only 1 m because the girl is able to stand in front of him with the snow demon in front of her which would already cover the entire distance, the demon arm + sword is like 1-2 more meters which invalidates the distance found at first, I already gove it a try, I don't think it's possible to find a proper distance and therefore there would be no timeframe.

EDIT: also the panel showing the cut bullet shows more bullets actually as you can see more tips, I think she simply cut all the bullet with a single attack, which makes sense since all the bullets were more less in line

You know the problem with that feat? as far as I can tell the only panel that can give a proper distance between the guns and the Atsushi is the first one you see, by angsizing it it would be something like 1 m, the problem is that impossible that it's only 1 m because the girl is able to stand in front of him with the snow demon in front of her which would already cover the entire distance, the demon arm + sword is like 1-2 more meters which invalidates the distance found at first, I already gove it a try, I don't think it's possible to find a proper distance and therefore there would be no timeframe.

EDIT: also the panel showing the cut bullet shows more bullets actually as you can see more tips, I think she simply cut all the bullet with a single attack, which makes sense since all the bullets were more less in line
You're allowed to assume distance in calcs if angsizing isn't reliable... Just assume the barrels of the gun are like 2-3 meters away from the dude, which should fix things.

Also, when you calc sword swings, you're supposed to take the length of the arm + the sword. Not just the arm. Another issue is that in the second scan, you only angsized the distance the girl is from the PoV, not how far she is from the dude she's protecting. You got angsize how far he is from the screen too, then subtract the smaller distance from the larger distance (Assuming it gives you accurate results).

Also at most, I see 2 bullet tips. Either way, it looks to be 3-5 cuts for one bullet. After looking at it again, it looks like 2 cuts per bullet. Because I see two bullet tips in the panel, and both are broke into three segments. From sound effects, we can tell 9 bullets were shot. So 9*2 = 18.

18 cuts before the bullet could reach the person with white hair. This feat seems like it's easily High Hypersonic at least.

You're allowed to assume distance in calcs if angsizing isn't reliable... Just assume the barrels of the gun are like 2-3 meters away from the dude, which should fix things.

Also, when you calc sword swings, you're supposed to take the length of the arm + the sword. Not just the arm. Another issue is that in the second scan, you only angsized the distance the girl is from the PoV, not how far she is from the dude she's protecting. You got angsize how far he is from the screen too, then subtract the smaller distance from the larger distance (Assuming it gives you accurate results).

Also at most, I see 2 bullet tips. Either way, it looks to be 3-5 cuts for one bullet. After looking at it again, it looks like 2 cuts per bullet. Because I see two bullet tips in the panel, and both are broke into three segments. From sound effects, we can tell 9 bullets were shot. So 9*2 = 18.

18 cuts before the bullet could reach the person with white hair. This feat seems like it's easily High Hypersonic at least.
👀 👀

Nice

There's literally no panel showing a distance other than that, assuming it is bad in first place, the result might drastically change due to that, they can even be 10 m away as far as we know given the only panel showing the distance is absurdly wrong and maybe wasn't even meant to show the distance but just to show they were aiming at him, we just now they were no where near the demon and we have no distance between them and the demon
Also, when you calc sword swings, you're supposed to take the length of the arm + the sword. Not just the arm.
Well, I only wanted to find out the speed the demon moves, swords always moves at an higher distance the user moves due to moving an higher distance, like you will never match the speed of the blade tho if someone can match that speed than it's fine.
Another issue is that in the second scan, you only angsized the distance the girl is from the PoV, not how far she is from the dude she's protecting. You got angsize how far he is from the screen too, then subtract the smaller distance from the larger distance (Assuming it gives you accurate results).
I didn't angsized in first place, I simply needed to find out the lenght of the arm of the demon
I'm kinda fine with this if we assume she made the same number of slahses for each bullet.

EDIT: ok she could have just went in the way in time to cut the first bullet and after cutting the others as they are shot later.

There's literally no panel showing a distance other than that, assuming it is bad in first place, the result might drastically change due to that, they can even be 10 m away as far as we know given the only panel showing the distance is absurdly wrong and maybe wasn't even meant to show the distance but just to show they were aiming at him, we just now they were no where near the demon and we have no distance between them and the demon
We can very clearly see the distance is not 10 meters away. Any person can tell that by looking at the panel. This just feels like some attempt to dismiss the feat to avoid a result that'd be above the range of the other calculations. Saying that sounds aggressively accusatory... I'm trying to say it seems like you want to avoid a result not consistent with the other calcs when nothing is inherently wrong with that being the case (It feels that way, but I'm not gonna jump the gun regarding that). I have made calculations that used assumptions, as have others regarding distance, and they have been accepted. If you don't want to make a calculation using this assumption, I will recalc it myself. Since I know adding more px scaling and what not can be annoying. If you are willing to do it tho, lemme know. I'll wait a while before getting to it.
Well, I only wanted to find out the speed the demon moves, swords always moves at an higher distance the user moves due to moving an higher distance, like you will never match the speed of the blade tho if someone can match that speed than it's fine.
While swords do move a larger distance, they move at the same speed or less than the user (due to weight). If I have a 1km long sword that is 100 meters wide, and I move my arm at 50 m/s a second, it will take 2 seconds for the sword to cover the distance of its width. Not 1 second. I need the strength and speed to make it cross its width in 1 second. This is why every sword deflecting feat on the wiki uses sword + arm length and not just arm length. Plus I'm certain someone in-universe can keep up with the sword.
I didn't angsized in first place, I simply needed to find out the lenght of the arm of the demon
Ah, my mistake.
I'm kinda fine with this if we assume she made the same number of slahses for each bullet.
Kk

We can very clearly see the distance is not 10 meters away. Any person can tell that by looking at the panel. This just feels like some attempt to dismiss the feat to avoid a result that'd be above the range of the other calculations. Saying that sounds aggressively accusatory... I'm trying to say it seems like you want to avoid a result not consistent with the other calcs when nothing is inherently wrong with that being the case (It feels that way, but I'm not gonna jump the gun regarding that). I have made calculations that used assumptions, as have others regarding distance, and they have been accepted. If you don't want to make a calculation using this assumption, I will recalc it myself. Since I know adding more px scaling and what not can be annoying. If you are willing to do it tho, lemme know. I'll wait a while before getting to it.
That's not my intent, it's a verse which constantly treats bullets as toys, I wouldn't be surprised if it can reach higher results, this said,

If you want to try to calc it it's fine to me, my stance remains the same and I don't think the feat can be calced, as you clearly see they aren't 10 m away I clearly see they are enough close to Atushi to say the snow demon would have spawn on top of them or at least would have decapitate all of them by trying to cut the bullets, if you want to assume a distance they are from the demon snow you have to completely assume that and it would be at bare minimum more than 5 m from Atushi when you can tell by looking at the panel there is no way the distance between them is higher than 2-3 m, but if you want to give it a try I won't stop you.

This calc uses the wrong formula for reaction speed. The correct one is: (Distance the projectile was away from the character when it was first fired in meters) - (Distance the projectile was away from the character when he/she started to move in meters) ] / (Speed of projectile in meters/second) = Perception Time of Character in seconds
"This method should be used for feats where a character is slower than the projectile, but manages to react to it at close range distances."
This is where It gets a bit confusing because the series seems to constantly be faster then bullets but in the calc he's slower than them, so I may be wrong but I think the formula you should use is the one above.
I do not like using the anime version here. Do you have a manga version ? Also the fact that the guy is using a glock but can move 5x its speed is a bit weird, he even uses it when he's no less then 50 cm away from a guy who he knows can dodge bullets.
Calc is lowballed.

That's not my intent, it's a verse which constantly treats bullets as toys, I wouldn't be surprised if it can reach higher results, this said,
My apologies for making judgements early in that case.
If you want to try to calc it it's fine to me, my stance remains the same and I don't think the feat can be calced, as you clearly see they aren't 10 m away I clearly see they are enough close to Atushi to say the snow demon would have spawn on top of them or at least would have decapitate all of them by trying to cut the bullets, if you want to assume a distance they are from the demon snow you have to completely assume that and it would be at bare minimum more than 5 m from Atushi when you can tell by looking at the panel there is no way the distance between them is higher than 2-3 m, but if you want to give it a try I won't stop you.
I'll recalc it, yeah. My sollution would honestly just be to calc the arm + sword length as that's the bare minimum distance they would need to be away from them to not be cut.
This calc uses the wrong formula for reaction speed. The correct one is: (Distance the projectile was away from the character when it was first fired in meters) - (Distance the projectile was away from the character when he/she started to move in meters) ] / (Speed of projectile in meters/second) = Perception Time of Character in seconds
"This method should be used for feats where a character is slower than the projectile, but manages to react to it at close range distances."
This is where It gets a bit confusing because the series seems to constantly be faster then bullets but in the calc he's slower than them, so I may be wrong but I think the formula you should use is the one above.
I think the context behind this feat is because the dude in the calc literally just turned a corner into that bullet being right in his face and reacted to it. He was in pursuit of a guy IIRC what was said in another CRT, they shot backwards, and while he was making a turn to continue chase, the bullet was right there. So he would've had to see it from that distance to than react to it.

I think the context behind this feat is because the dude in the calc literally just turned a corner into that bullet being right in his face and reacted to it. He was in pursuit of a guy IIRC what was said in another CRT, they shot backwards, and while he was making a turn to continue chase, the bullet was right there. So he would've had to see it from that distance to than react to it.
That's not what I see. The human FOV is 180 degrees, he should have been able to see the bullet. Maybe wait for the anime version to make it more clear or send the chapter so I can read the context slightly more.

I'm simply calcing him being able to react to the bullet being in position for him to close his mouth which is different, "in the calc he's slower than them" it's simply the minimum speed he has to move in order to move his mouth to the bullet, he could have moved faster as far as we know, for sure not slower.
I do not like using the anime version here. Do you have a manga version ? Also the fact that the guy is using a glock but can move 5x its speed is a bit weird, he even uses it when he's no less then 50 cm away from a guy who he knows can dodge bullets.
In fact they dodge them and shoot at very close range as you see in the feat, you can even be hypersonic, you will have hard time dodging a bullet if it start close to you
My apologies for making judgements early in that case.
It's fine
That's not what I see. The human FOV is 180 degrees, he should have been able to see the bullet. Maybe wait for the anime version to make it more clear or send the chapter so I can read the context slightly more.
bullets are extremely small objects, you won't see them if they are far away, they need to be close to you for you to be able to actually see them, he simply started to run and said "oh shit, a bullet is in front of me"

They link the feat in the blog... we can see he runs around a corner here:
image.png

Then he runs after the dude, and we get the shot of the bullet in his face right after. It's not like the bullet perception blitzed him until it was centimeters away from his face or anything.

They link the feat in the blog... we can see he runs around a corner here:
image.png

Then he runs after the dude, and we get the shot of the bullet in his face right after. It's not like the bullet perception blitzed him until it was centimeters away from his face or anything.
The corner turn is like a 100 degree angle. He should have been able to see him. Find the distance the guy was from Atsushi its simple

But... I don't even calc that +
bullets are extremely small objects, you won't see them if they are far away, they need to be close to you for you to be able to actually see them, he simply started to run and said "oh shit, a bullet is in front of me"

The corner turn is like a 100 degree angle. He should have been able to see him. Find the distance the guy was from Atsushi its simple
The turn is clearly large enough for him to go completely out of view. We even see at the bottom of the same page he takes the same turn, and the dude isn't even within view at all...
XYyAgRn.png

Bottom right panel. The turn was enough to obscure the dude from sight, he shoots backwards, the guy pursuing him turns the same "corner" and there's a bullet in his face. I feel that's simple enough to follow, no? I don't see how he could've had a clear view of the bullet if he couldn't even see the dude who fired it.

But... I don't even calc that +
I can put a bullet on my table that's 10 meters away and see it... He has hypersonic+ reaction speed according to you so yes he would have seen it.
The turn is clearly large enough for him to go completely out of view. We even see at the bottom of the same page he takes the same turn, and the dude isn't even within view at all...
XYyAgRn.png

Bottom right panel. The turn was enough to obscure the dude from sight, he shoots backwards, the guy pursuing him turns the same "corner" and there's a bullet in his face. I feel that's simple enough to follow, no? I don't see how he could've had a clear view of the bullet if he couldn't even see the dude who fired it.
Give me the chapter please.

Okay. I found the chapter and it debunks itself
Screenshot_2023-11-12_110800.png

He was looking straight at the kids who shot him...

I can put a bullet on my table that's 10 meters away and see it... He has hypersonic+ reaction speed according to you so yes he would have seen it.
Cool, now do it in the same exact context Atsushi was in, because what you described is entirely different,

Also, I'll say it again, I'm not even calcing what you are talking about, so I have no idea why you brought it up

Cool, now do it in the same exact context Atsushi was in, because what you described is entirely different,
If I have the reaction speed/perception speed to see a bullet and catch it, that means I can see the bullet from far range considering real life humans can see small object from 10's of meters away moving at their reaction speed, an example is nerf gun bullets which can be shot at up to 20 m/s. I personally have no problem seeing a nerf gun bullet shot from 10 meters away from me.
Also, I'll say it again, I'm not even calcing what you are talking about, so I have no idea why you brought it up
What ? You calced his reaction speed wrong...

Last edited:
If either gets accepted then the MHS+ feat from Atsushi is possible right?

It has consistency now
This feat calculated by LaserPrecision is reaction and combat speed. Atsushi's feat is attack speed. It is not impossible for Atsushi to have MHS+ speed even if he was human level in speed lol, considering how the abilities of their level usually are around SOL or something. The statements make it clear.

This feat calculated by LaserPrecision is reaction and combat speed. Atsushi's feat is attack speed. It is not impossible for Atsushi to have MHS+ speed even if he was human level in speed lol, considering how the abilities of their level usually are around SOL or something. The statements make it clear.
Nice

It was MHS for the highball if I am not mistaken.
Correct. However, it's a baseless assertion I added in case the CGM's for whatever reason didn't like the high-end which would just be the bare minimum distance between the gunmen and the person with the sword. So I feel the high-end would likely be favored.

Back