• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bungou Stray Dogs: Speed Revision

I'd need to calc it to make sure I'm correct for some of my points.
So you have a theory, but need to (test) calculate to see if said theories are correct? Wouldn't it be fine to tell me the speculation you have so I can (as someone who has already calculated it) either confirm or deny if your inquiry is correct or not? There must be something you're speculating to think you have to calculate the feat yourself methinks. Just seems like wasting time to instead calc it yourself to see if they're correct or not rather than asking me. Do what you want of course, though I do think it'd be easier to just tell me your concerns.

So you have a theory, but need to (test) calculate to see if said theories are correct? Wouldn't it be fine to tell me the speculation you have so I can (as someone who has already calculated it) either confirm or deny if your inquiry is correct or not? There must be something you're speculating to think you have to calculate the feat yourself methinks. Just seems like wasting time to instead calc it yourself to see if they're correct or not rather than asking me. Do what you want of course, though I do think it'd be easier to just tell me your concerns.
I'd just like to calc it to see if my theories are correct instead of embarrasing myself.

I'd just like to calc it to see if my theories are correct instead of embarrasing myself.
Alright. Bear in mind, there's no shame in making an assertion and being wrong about it. I def won't poke fun at you if any speculations you have are wrong or anything. Would be petty.

Big problem with that calc

It assumes all the 9 bullets are fired at exactly the same time when in reality we have to factor in the time it takes to load a bullet into the cylinder and fire it

Meaning at most he cut three at once and that's assuming he didn't just wait for them one by one to reach him and cut them as they came because realistically they aren't firing at exactly the same time

I suggest doing an end with 1 bullet and 3 bullets

It assumes all the 9 bullets are fired at exactly the same time when in reality we have to factor in the time it takes to load a bullet into the cylinder and fire it

Meaning at most he cut three at once and that's assuming he didn't just wait for them one by one to reach him and cut them as they came because realistically they aren't firing at exactly the same time

What do you think about the other current calcs being proposed ? If you agree with them do you find my debunk reasons flawed for any reason ?

I can see where you're coming at, but the gunmen immediately stopped firing upon noticing the person with the sword intercepting. From how it's paneled, it seems they showed up after we hear 9 rounds fire from the three of them. As opposed to each of them firing one, those get cut up, then continue to fire a few more times, those get cut up, and then stopping.

I can add an end for 3, but 1 I can't do. Doesn't make much sense when all three were firing at roughly the same time.

I can see where you're coming at, but the gunmen immediately stopped firing upon noticing the person with the sword intercepting. From how it's paneled, it seems they showed up after we hear 9 rounds fire from the three of them. As opposed to each of them firing one, those get cut up, then continue to fire a few more times, those get cut up, and then stopping.

I can add an end for 3, but 1 I can't do. Doesn't make much sense when all three were firing at roughly the same time.
At the speeds the bullets travel at they would have all have to have fired within .004 seconds in order for it to matter with the distance you found

That is far above the normal human reaction time and not easily assumed I would say

In that regard an end with 1 bullet should probably be used

At the speeds the bullets travel at they would have all have to have fired within .004 seconds in order for it to matter with the distance you found

That is far above the normal human reaction time and not easily assumed I would say

In that regard an end with 1 bullet should probably be used
The bullet speed is irrelevant in regards to timing. It would be how fast they can pull the triggers. They were given verbal orders to shoot, and we're shown several muzzle flashes going off all at once in the following panel. Assuming they were only ever cutting one bullet at once seems asinine. And an arbitrary reason to lowball the feat to the worst possible interpretation.

What ? You calced his reaction speed wrong...
It would be wrong if I was calcing him reacting to the bullet after getting shot, if you read the blog you would notice I'm calcing something else
Recalculated it. Got a CGM who's about to evaluate it.
1) she jumped in and firstly only cut 3 bullets, there are 3 guns, by the time these guns shoot the second bullet the first one would have already reach Atsushi, she couldn't jump in after 9 bullets, so only 3 bullets were in air and the other six came after and therefore are out of the timeframe

2) the bullet could have been closer than the sword, she can cut them with any part of the blad, they just don't need to be further than the demon itself, here, she is cutting bullets even when they are near her and therefore further than his arm lenght

(other than the distance assumption)

The bullet speed is irrelevant in regards to timing. It would be how fast they can pull the triggers. They were given verbal orders to shoot, and we're shown several muzzle flashes going off all at once in the following panel. Assuming they were only ever cutting one bullet at once seems asinine. And an arbitrary reason to lowball the feat to the worst possible interpretation.
Yes, and I'm saying that in order for them to be within his sword reach so he can cut more than one at a time then they would have had to fire within .004 seconds of each other

Which is silly with them being normal humans

By the time the sound reaches their ears and the other two react and pull the triggers already enough time has passed to where he wouldn't be cutting 3 bullets at a time

2) the bullet could have been closer than the sword, she can cut them with any part of the blad, they just don't need to be further than the demon itself, here, she is cutting bullets even when they are near her and therefore further than his arm lenght
The calc assumed they couldn't be closer than the blade, because if they were closer than the blade which can cut them, they wouldn't be able to cut the bullets. The scan you sent is them cutting bullets off to the side, which would still be within blades reach given they can move their arms at least 180 degrees. In this scene, all bullets were aimed dead center.
Yes, and I'm saying that in order for them to be within his sword reach so he can cut more than one at a time then they would have had to fire within .004 seconds of each other

Which is silly with them being normal humans

By the time the sound reaches their ears and the other two react and pull the triggers already enough time has passed to where he wouldn't be cutting 3 bullets at a time
Where is the .004 second figure coming from? Even if you want to argued they fired at intervals a few milliseconds off from one another, with the fire rate of the gun, they would've definitely ended up cutting bare minimum 3 at once, if not more.

Where is the .004 second figure coming from? Even if you want to argued they fired at intervals a few milliseconds off from one another, with the fire rate of the gun, they would've definitely ended up cutting bare minimum 3 at once, if not more.
It's the time it takes a bullet fired from their type of gun to travel 1.6 meters which is a good in between of your two suggested distances

However it seems I was off by a bit if we're only counting the blade length

In order for them to all three be within the blades length of .98 meters in order for him to cut them they would have to be fired within .0025 seconds of each other

By the time the sound reached the two goons and they have time to react to him saying "Fire" enough time has passed between the two to make it where he's only cutting one bullet at a time

At most you could say that two bullets were within range of his sword at any given time however It's extremely unlikely that either of the two who heard the sound of the main goon saying "Fire" would be able to react within .0025 seconds of each other in order to accomplish that

It's the time it takes a bullet fired from their type of gun to travel 1.6 meters which is a good in between of your two suggested distances

However it seems I was off by a bit if we're only counting the blade length

In order for them to all three be within the blades length of .98 meters in order for him to cut them they would have to be fired within .0025 seconds of each other

By the time the sound reached the two goons and they have time to react to him saying "Fire" enough time has passed between the two to make it where he's only cutting one bullet at a time

At most you could say that two bullets were within range of his sword at any given time however It's extremely unlikely that either of the two who heard the sound of the main goon saying "Fire" would be able to react within .0025 seconds of each other in order to accomplish that
They aren't reacting within time of the bullet firing. They were ordered to fire by the soldier BEFORE he started firing. The timing would instead be how in synch they can pull their triggers which is a substantially longer time than the timeframe you suggested. It'd instead be how quick it is to pull a finger a few centimeters. I find it hard to believe 9 shots were fired, and yet only 1 were only ever within range at once. Would there be gaps between each bullet? Yes. Would they be substantially far apart? I wouldn't think so. Especially since we're shown several muzzle flashes on panel going off simultaneously.

They aren't reacting within time of the bullet firing. They were ordered to fire by the soldier BEFORE he started firing. The timing would instead be how in synch they can pull their triggers which is a substantially longer time than the timeframe you suggested. It'd instead be how quick it is to pull a finger a few centimeters. I find it hard to believe 9 shots were fired, and yet only 1 were only ever within range at once. Would there be gaps between each bullet? Yes. Would they be substantially far apart? I wouldn't think so. Especially since we're shown several muzzle flashes on panel going off simultaneously.
Above still applies

400 m/s makes it so even a 5 millisecond difference in timing means the bullets not being close enough to count

So yes the time it takes to pull a finger a few centimeters is enough to make it so that only one bullet is in range at any one time and assuming that they are all pulling that trigger within .0025 seconds in order for it to matter seems too much a stretch for me

Doesn't matter how in sync they are, they are not superhumans

Above still applies

400 m/s makes it so even a 5 millisecond difference in timing means the bullets not being close enough to count

So yes the time it takes to pull a finger a few centimeters is enough to make it so that only one bullet is in range at any one time and assuming that they are all pulling that trigger within .0025 seconds in order for it to matter seems too much a stretch for me

Doesn't matter how in sync they are, they are not superhumans
Where is the 5 millisecond difference coming from? People are very capable of timing things in very close synch.

You don't need to be superhuman in order to time something to occur at the same time. What you're saying is they wouldn't be able to fire a shot in the same timeframe as it takes a bullet to travel "A" distance AFTER it is fired as opposed to before it's fired. I don't think CGM have ever had an issue with assuming synchronized fire in a feat like this where we're shown all three guns going off at the same time. I will run it by a CGM as is and see what they think of it to see if this is an issue.

Also, just for reference, a snap, which covers a longer distance than pulling a trigger occurs in only 7 milliseconds.

0.98/400 = 2.45 milliseconds

This isn't out of the magnitude in which someone can do something simultaneously (Bare in mind the motion of pulling a trigger is shorter than the distance a snap covers, thus a shorter timeframe would be feasible). 3 bullets being within range is entirely feasible. I feel looking this deeply into the feat to lower the result as much as possible feels like dishonest practice.

The calc assumed they couldn't be closer than the blade, because if they were closer than the blade which can cut them, they wouldn't be able to cut the bullets. The scan you sent is them cutting bullets off to the side, which would still be within blades reach given they can move their arms at least 180 degrees. In this scene, all bullets were aimed dead center.
can't she simply bend her arm? the bullets simply can't surpass the snow demon and that's it, she

Also now I'm iffy about considering more cuts for each bullets, in the scan it looks like she simply cut them in half, there are 3 tips and 3 bases, the other san it shows she cut them with a single slash and she doesn't cut them more times, even because there was no need in first place.

Anyway, one approval is fine to add the calcs in the op right? this should be a small thread.

Also, just for reference, a snap, which covers a longer distance than pulling a trigger occurs in only 7 milliseconds.

0.98/400 = 2.45 milliseconds

This isn't out of the magnitude in which someone can do something simultaneously (Bare in mind the motion of pulling a trigger is shorter than the distance a snap covers, thus a shorter timeframe would be feasible). 3 bullets being within range is entirely feasible. I feel looking this deeply into the feat to lower the result as much as possible feels like dishonest practice.
Rapid tension release is in no way comparable to the jerk movement of a human finger in the same way me flicking my finger is not comparable to me extending my finger normally

Seems silly to compare the two

You can think whatever you want about how I'm treating the feat, I'm just bringing up what I believe to be problems with it

I believe at the very least you should treat it as three bullets cut instead of nine

can't she simply bend her arm? the bullets simply can't surpass the snow demon and that's it, she

Also now I'm iffy about considering more cuts for each bullets, in the scan it looks like she simply cut them in half, there are 3 tips and 3 bases, the other san it shows she cut them with a single slash and she doesn't cut them more times, even because there was no need in first place.
She can, but then I'd have to manually calculate the distance she would need to bend her arm to do that which adds more distance onto the calc and starts to complicate things. Most bullet cutting feats typically have the character swinging the blade from left to right and vice verca.

I only saw two bullet tips. Didn't see three.
Rapid tension release is in no way comparable to the jerk movement of a human finger in the same way me flicking my finger is not comparable to me extending my finger normally

Seems silly to compare the two

You can think whatever you want about how I'm treating the feat, I'm just bringing up what I believe to be problems with it

I believe at the very least you should treat it as three bullets cut instead of nine
Yeah, I can definitely do one with three. I think that seems fair. I can also add an end with one bullet, though I of course wouldn't be in favor of it.

She can, but then I'd have to manually calculate the distance she would need to bend her arm to do that which adds more distance onto the calc and starts to complicate things. Most bullet cutting feats typically have the character swinging the blade from left to right and vice verca.
that's fair, but it means the timeframe is higher
I only saw two bullet tips. Didn't see three.
they look tips to me, also they look like cut in half anyway

I just realized that the calc used the no. of strikes thing. I believe we can refer to an anime adaptation (if we have one) to really see how many strikes it took by her.

Back