• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch: Speed Revision #4

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Retired
Ok, so with our new rules about lightning Overwatch characters speed were changed, however, instead of being changed to its previous value of Hypersonic due Genji's speed they were canged to further back when they used to be High Hypersonic due Soldier: 76's feat, the same feat that was debunked in this revision (Don't remember the details, but I think we considered it to be outlier, cinematic time and/or dramatic effect).

So revision is simple, they should go back to the Hypersonic values, unless there's a new speed feat that we weren't aware of.

There's no blog calculating Genji being Mach 36, and I can't no longer see the video and see what happened.

Mmm, I don't think that speed blitzing 6 guys will give 6 times your speed; but by all means, I need to see the feat.

WeeklyBattles said:
There's also Hammond moving fast enough to catch on fire
That's Hypersonic tho, assuming that catched fire due friction and not a power.

Its not speedblitzing 6 guys, its blocking gunfire from six vulcan machineguns simultaneously at point blank range by blocking each individual bullet with a sword swing

Perhaps, it can be calculated, cuz just multiplying the result by 6 seems kinda unnaccurate for me. Better link the feat cuz the video is down.

I'll try to find the video but i may need to give you a different version of the feat if i cant find the exact one Blue used

https://youtu.be/qMr7JIxsuGk?t=71

Not the best example but this is the general premise, he blocks every bullet with an individual sword swing. He can do this from point blank range as Blue's scan shows, and can do this against 6 of those guys all attacking him at once.

Welp, reacting to any single bullets shot by the gatling requiere 9.08 ms of reactions, the only way it require to be multiplied by 6 if is, after the first one start to shoot, 1.51 ms later the cond one start, 1.51 ms later the third one start, and that sucessively. If all the Bastion, localized at 0.5 m from Genji (that don't think is possible since the front shouldn't cover that much space) shots simultaneously and then Genji doing 6 differents blocks sound pretty situational.

All 6 Bastions can begin firing simultaneously and he can block all of their bullets at point blank range

Kepekley23 said:
If he was any higher than ~3000km he'd need to be at least that fast to crash back.
So it was an orbir entry. Did someone reacted to that at close distance?

EDIT: According to Weekly's link it seems like no one, I though it was an attack...

@Antonio It is an attack, the attack piledriver to be exact, and yes it can be reacted to at a minimum of 10 meters away, though i was looking more for a calc of his pod's durability for surviving that crash

You can't simply multiply by six

You have to take way more things into account

First, Genji can block all the bullets by moving his arm in an arc (In-game he moves his arms like a crazy trying to block bullets, so i'll assume that just the animation lmao)

Also, Genji can only deflect attacks in front of him, so you have to find the distance and angle for Genji to be able to block all shots and for the Bastions to shoot him

Bump, since we can't just multiply the result, and no one can properly moving at Mach 23 (although I still have no proof of how the attack works) everything is leading to a downgrade.

Antoniofer said:
Bump, since we can't just multiply the result, and no one can properly moving at Mach 23 (although I still have no proof of how the attack works) everything is leading to a downgrade.
Is not even an attack.

The video shows when Hammond's ship crashes into earth. They probably refer to how he can attach to a wall and start gaining momentum till he sets on fire

If is only that then is just Mach 5 (could be a little higher or a little lower tho).

Mmm, even catching fire by mere friction seems questionable, but I do not known anything beyond that.

So Aiden, do you think there's something else to calculate or should we reverse the changes?

Tbh, I think they should be downgrade to Hypersonic until a better feat appears

Otherwise the only thing we could calculate is Genji defleting bullets from 6 bastion, but that would be complicated, since we need to see a footage that has 1 Genji vs 6 Bastion, and all the requirements for him to be able to deflect the bullets are taken into a account

Genji deflecting 6 Bastion, all of them localized a half meter from Genji seems pretty situational imo. 3 of them should already cover the front; if they are behind is possible, but still multiply it by 6 its not correct.

Back