• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch feats for all current characters(with some exceptions)

theres no need for any of that now is there

beisdes, we have got characters like Magneto who are the same speed tier for reacting to and combating bullets

@jinx666

Coming from that one guy with the number of the Beast and that one guy who prefers to taunt at me with popcorn. Sure, none of that and I'm christian.

That...does not mean much because his ability is basically telekinesis but, only for metal. So, he needs to stop the bullets first and use them, meaning using a force that combats mach 2 speed and it's possible that he can travel at that speed while standing on a metal plate since he stopped heavier things than bullets and goes at subsonic+ speeds. Hell, he easily flips away the bullets of that woman from near close range.

I don't see what's wrong with his combat speed and reactions. The reason why he didn't react to that first bullet is noticeable as he require much concentration with, stupidly, one hand on multiple missiles. One more thing, he still reacts to bullets as an old man with a weaker body and mind yet, he reacts to them like it's a normal day. So, why not scale him to a speed where it's not over the speed of what Quicksilver was in the Days of Future Past movie? Supersonic+.

And, if you're trying to reason so much just to get me to give in to the "fact" that supersonic+ is always the correct speed, you're wrong, especially combat speed since the people here debated that dodging things is reactions and fighting at that speed is combat. Widowmaker's feat to dodge bullets is always reactions and she have never proven bullet travel speed and fighting speed.

@Reppuzan

So, you're basically scaling most classes, even a tank class, with 76? I mean, sure Genji, Reaper and Tracer and other people that seem fast would scale with him but, isn't there a reason why they're all offensive? They need the speed to dodge and counter with much more damage? It's noticeable that the defensive classes usually sit their butts to snipe, make a turret and all but, seriously? Even Winston has only reacted to bullets and aim-dodges while you're bringing out Reinhardt to scale HHS+? All I can say is that the best I could think about their dodging bullets things is that it's supersonic. Again, and again, you don't have to be a supersonic+ for feats like dodging bullets.

The thing is, I don't find why Junkrat is defensive, excluding his bear trap.

Junkrate also as a remote mine that he can set up, his grenade launcher is more effective when backpeddaling than it is chasing, and his ult is the type thats you have to charge up somewhere safer and then guide it around while leaving yourself defenseless, which is better suited to someone sitting near their own base than someone pushing an objective.

That's why he's defensive.

@Asdtgh

Sorry if we offended your religious preferences, but that doesn't particularly pertain to this argument nor does it give you the right to simply ignore someone's points.

But first, I don't see why we can't scale combat speed to the tank classes. After all, they CAN hit characters like Tracer and Soldier: 76 and have fought alongside them in the past. Yes, they're not particularly fast. That much is obvious. But I'm not talking about travel speed, I'm talking about combat speed.

Not all of them have dodged bullets, sure, but I'm pretty sure that keeping up High Hypersonic+ character in combat is a better feat overall.

You can't always bring real world logic into this since authors and animators simply do not know how fast they've made their characters. If I may bring up an example (that you won't blow totally out of proportion), a bunch of authors tought that Flash saving a few hundred thousand people from a nuclear explosion, during the explosion in .00001 microseconds was simply just under Lightspeed, when in reality it was much, much higher (as in well into the millions, billions, or even trillions times the speed of light).

My point is, you can't always downplay characters simply because they have trouble dodging bullets when they simply have better things to scale to. The authors don't always no better and neither do the animations/artists. Otherwise we certainly wouldn't have Massively Hypersonic+ Naruto and Sub-Relativistic Bleach or MFTL Mega Man.

@A Sword Dancer

But, they all seem so offensive instead. Oh, whatever.

@Reppuzan

Or maybe the reason why they can hit them is because Tracer's speed is limited to short-bursts, L├║cio have to change boosters, Genji does a sort of short-burst with that dash and it goes on. Sure, they fight one another but in Lore? Why would they pull their fullest at each other and not at the main villains?

I seriously downgrade them because of many reasons and besides, Naruto and all that goes at speed like the Raikage who goes at lightning speed. That's a legit feat while we seriously, SERIOUSLY, have no clue whether Soldier 76 really did outrun the explosion or he just leaped over the grenade then save the girl before the explosion set off.

The Naruto verse is full of Ninjas and sages and all that with energy inside their bodies to make fireballs and lightning and all that crap while Overwatch is a world of the same Earth, same countires but different technologies which have been seen affecting mainly weapons and only superhuman to specific characters that I really, really, don't think Soldier 76 is one of them.

I have said numerous of times, how would you really know that Soldier 76 really, really, really outrun an explosion when his feat is still a mystery YET, a possibility? Even in the eyes of Soldier 76, bullets fly so fast past by him when he looked to three dudes from above.

Doesn't real life logic comes into play since the same weaponry from nations and their Militaries, same guns by gangs and same things of the present right now still keeps up with these futuristic weaponry and robots for at least the time being before Overwatch would have to come to play?

1) If it's that much of a mystery then the feat would not have been accepted, but it was. In either scenario you described, he still had to outpace the grenade's explosion by crossing the distance to tackle her. Like I said a dozen posts ago, if you have that much of a problem with it, take it up with the man who calced it (Austrian-Man-Meat)

2) Tracer's speed is hardly limited to short bursts given how often she blinks in the trailers. Not to mention the fact that you're still using the logic "he got hit by bullets, therefore he can't be High Hypersonic". Flash got tripped by Deathstroke, which clearly means that either Deathstroke is MFTL+ or Flash can't be more than Subsonic. That's the train of logic you refused to jump off of.

That's a legit feat while we seriously, SERIOUSLY, have no clue whether Soldier 76 really did outrun the explosion or he just leaped over the grenade then save the girl before the explosion set off.
Don't Talk and Narutoforums have accepted this calculation and found all context justifiable. You will need evidence to prove Soldier ran towards the girl before the explosion which is most likely next to none.

Reppuzan said:
2) Not to mention the fact that you're still using the logic "he got hit by bullets, therefore he can't be High Hypersonic". Flash got tripped by Deathstroke, which clearly means that either Deathstroke is MFTL+ or Flash can't be more than Subsonic. That's the train of logic you refused to jump off of.
This is a fallacy

.-.

the what number? you mean 666 in my name, i just like the number 6 XD, and im not taunting, im just saying this is interesting debating

but eh, carry on

Fine. I have nothing else to use to counter it..., probably, yet. Can you at least downgrade the travel speed of Widowmaker, don't say that she went up the stairs nearly as fast as Tracer because I already debunk that crap, and Soldier 76's speed to reactions/combat speed? Lina Shields even said no for movement speed but those two speeds above. You guys still didn't change it yet.

And, Jinx***, 666 is somewhat the devil's number. Can you just add another 6 into the three digits?

The thread has to be finalized before we start doing mass changes.

Sorry if it offends you, but this is the internet. You can't ask someone to change their username just because it has one too many sixes.

Anyways what I have so far is:

"At least Athletic Human travel speed and High Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed" for pretty much everyone except for the fastest characters like Tracer, Genji, and Soldier 76.

How about Widowmaker? Please don't make me say all the same things about her flawed travel speed.

Also, I don't know if dodging bullets includes combat speed as well. And, I don't see much hand-to-hand close combat for Widowmaker against Tracer.

People like Widowmaker are probably in the Athletic Human to Peak Human level range and Superhuman with gadgets I suppose.

Are we really debating this again? Since you already accepted combat speed earlier.

k, but id rather put widowmaker's speed at superhuman rather than peak human, like i have done already, sorry, only because of the severe speed stomp and quick taking out of the wjhat are already supposedly peak humans

apparently Talon also enhanced her

heck she even caught tracer off guard

Again, that maybe true about her "catching Tracer off guard" but, it's not the same as what Reppuzan said about Flash and Deathstroke. Deathstroke was hiding behind a wall and tripped Flash who seemed overconfident, considering he told the cops that he was alright.

Besides, there are other times that Tracer, too, caught her guard off as well. In the museum(disarming her) and after the robot President died. Widow only caught her off guard when she hid below the stairs and gave her the element of surprise kick to the face and when she hid her poison bomb behind the chimney.

Anyway, not the point. I may have found evidence that Soldier 76 didn't outrun an explosion.

Asdtgh said:
Anyway, not the point. I may have found evidence that Soldier 76 didn't outrun an explosion.
Ah interesting; this would be nice to hear. Hopefully this could make all the characters scale to Bluedash's feat or something.

Bluedash what? I thought that the blog was officially done by Austrian Man Meat(that's his name, right?). Ok...

Anyway, I realised when you look through the Hero cinematic video, I noticed his jacket is a lot different, in comparison to his front and back. At his front, the only dirt marks and bruises are the one only on his left chest and the bruise is on his left kidney area. At the back of his 76 jacket, it does have explosion marks all over it and cuts from burns which is done by the explosion...from behind...meaning he went over the grenade and saved the girl before the grenade detonated.

And, I thought I went over this? There's only a possibility that Widowmaker is physically Wall level because Winston may have still played hero and stopped the villain in a legit way. Plus, Widowmaker did not do anything else but, get gripped tight by Winston. Why is no one listening?

1) So wait, you're using the pattern of bruising and soot on his jacket to say that he jumped over the grenade? Somehow? I'm not following. Besides, it doesn't changed the fact that he still crossed the distance to get to the girl and save her. It doesn't change his speed. Besides, he only started running once the beeping hit a crescendo, indicating that it was just about to go off.

2) Winston was really playing hero when he incinerated Reaper and later power bombed him with all his strength headfirst.

Or maybe it took him one beeping sound to quickly go over the distance. Besides, explain how his back is the only one with worse marks than at his front?

What would you do when he crushed your glasses and have a much higher kill count than Widow, who only killed like four people, since "Death follows"?

You're joking, right? If he's running towards her during the explosion, of course the burn marks would be worse on his back since the explosion would be behind him.

If you read her Bio, she's Talon's (a worldwide terrorism organization) most effective Assassin, meaning that she has killed far more people than we're shown on screen. I highly doubt you get that title from killing a handful of people.

That's the thing. If he actually ran through the explosion and 'outrunning it', his whole body would be as battle-damaged as his back, only it's mainly on his back and not the rest of his body, especially at the front.

True that she's called 'most effective Assassin' but, in what? Isn't she able to 'deceive her own old colleagues' into being back into Overwatch and finally killing the agent that the Talons had failed to do so from inside out?

While Reaper went all over the world and successfully caused multiple deaths through armed conflicts as the 'hellish battlefields' and all he has been doing was killing down Overwatch, without ever 'showing loyalty to any cause or organisation'...Of course, before somewhat joining Talons to track the rest. Widowmaker? The only people she killed is her own husband in his sleep, a cool kill on the robot and minor deaths on two guards while knocking the rest out.

1) No one said he ran through the explosion. He outran the explosion as it was going off. That's why he has his rating.

2) You do know what Assassin means, right? She's probably taken out dozens if not hundreds of targets given how crazy her sniping ability is. Just because you haven't seen it on screen doesn't mean she hasn't done it. There's a difference between implicit and explicit details that you don't seem to grasp.

Besides, why are you so vehement when it comes to downgrading Overwatch? You're literally the only one who has any objections and you keep bringing up weird evidence and false assumptions in an attempt to prove your points.

And, where else can he just go and save the girl? Run across a building, turn back just to save her? Or maybe he ran across the grenade before detonation. 'It takes 9e-5 to reach the girl' meaning Austrian got Soldier 76 to go over the extra distance and the distance that the explosion has to cover before the explosion reach her. What else is going to happen if the grenade really did blow up? Cover the shortest entrance to saving her. Same question from the top.

And, Reaper kills off the members that Winston works with and may have had some relationships with.

Many reasons.

1) He still crossed the distance in that timeframe. You can't change that.

2) You're still not getting the implicit information that she's killed many more.

3) If you're going to be so blatantly biased that you're just going to put up ridiculous arguments in a desperate attempt to downgrade a verse that doesn't need downgrading, I think this thread needs to be closed.

Or they skipped to that timeframe because of some cliff hanger-like decision for the hero. Like I said, by the burn marks on his body, he did got over the distance before the explosion. And, I don't need to.

Implicit, huh? Alright, give me something direct so that I can actually differentiate a family-killing monster behind the mask and a cold-skin woman who killed 'that many'.

Hmm. Third to four time you said that to me. How about this? Look up at my profile and realise I'm someone to be a pain in the ass rather than someone bias. If I really am, this conversation shouldn't have started at all.

Enough. If you guys are going around in circles with this conversation it would be preferable that you guys stop with the Soldier 67 arguments until the rest of the calc team weigh in on the Soldier 67 calc.

Meanwhile, it is likely time for a Part 2 of this thread very soon.

Well, if it gets checked out, it would scale to pretty much everyone since Tracer is literally the most fragile and lightly armored character in the game next to D.Va (out of MEKA) and Zenyatta.

What Reppuzan said. Don't know much about D.Va outside of her page here but Zenyatta definitely wouldn't since he's just as fragile as Tracer if not much more....

Wait, wait, wait. I just realised. What about Zenyatta's shield? In the game, there was this one shield health thing and it is actually more durable than Zenyatta's fragile body. Shouldn't that be also in his durability state?

One more thing, wouldn't the explosion size be more precise if the explosion didn't dissipate into smoke yet since the black smoke would spread while she falls? Isn't it better to scale using the picture where she just Blinked away from the blast when it was still completely bright?

Eh.....idk~

• Shrugs* Well Blue did the calc....i presume he was asked to do that or was just bored and decided to do another Overwatch calc. *shrugs again*

Asdtgh said:
Wait, wait, wait. I just realised. What about Zenyatta's shield? In the game, there was this one shield health thing and it is actually more durable than Zenyatta's fragile body. Shouldn't that be also in his durability state?
One more thing, wouldn't the explosion size be more precise if the explosion didn't dissipate into smoke yet since the black smoke would spread while she falls? Isn't it better to scale using the picture where she just Blinked away from the blast when it was still completely bright?
Shield takes damage the same as normal hp bars, it just also regenerates rapidly out of combat. Zenyatta should have the same durability as tracer and out of suit Dva based on hp numbers, but also be able to regenerate most of his health after leaving combat for a few seconds.

Back