• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Feats with character stopping themselves at a high speed to land at a specific point

An example being this feat, in which a character in a FTL jetpack is able to quickly go back to Earth in a tiny time frame. Another being the Batter from OFF, who moves in an area that makes him move at SoL speeds (in some interpretations, but that's not relevant here), and he's able to move and stop himself perfectly on points in that world to go to different "zone portals". Would these types of feats count towards reactions, since otherwise they would have very little control over where they stop when accelerating and deaccelerating so fast?

Is there any reason why the first one would count but the second wouldn't? Going from outer space past the Moon, and then going back to Earth in a fraction of a second requires insane acceleration and deacceleration I feel, despite it looking easy for the character to do. But if that was done by some normal person, they would've instantly crashed to Earth and died

Is there any reason why the first one would count but the second wouldn't? Going from outer space past the Moon, and then going back to Earth in a fraction of a second requires insane acceleration and deacceleration I feel, despite it looking easy for the character to do. But if that was done by some normal person, they would've instantly crashed to Earth and died
It wouldn't require superhuman reactions. If I knew I would reach the planet in half a second and stopped on time, it would only require me to react in a timeframe of 0.5 seconds

Back