• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch feats for all current characters(with some exceptions)

So you're saying that Widow's gun can rival with Reaper's Hellfire Shotguns which clearly did enough damage to push him back take him down, remove his Primal Rage because the sniper bullets makes him flinch?

Considering the fact that they have as much force per bullet as a Hellfire Shotgun does at point blank range. Yes.

Or she gets cheap shots on the back of the head to hurt him while Reaper could demolish him by shooting at his main body and not really at his head. Plus, like I said, he didn't back off from Widowmaker's fire but, really does back off from Reaper's.

Just because a character's attack is slightly weaker doesn't justify several tier drops. Obviously repeated Hellfire Shotgun fire (over a dozen pellets per shot) will be felt more since they cover a wider area, but the fact of the matter is that their weapons are comparable in terms of raw firepower.

It does. Small building level at best? Room level at least? Plus, snipers are meant to have all the power into one shot, not multiple pellets...which has been spread apart by Hellfire Shotguns to almost all parts of Wintons's body to truly harm him.

Reaper was even further away from point blank range and still can hurt Winston with spread pellets while Widow's sniper bullet, even though it was faurther away, didn't do really much to him, even with his back to her.

Asdtgh said:
It does. Small building level at best? Room level at least? Plus, snipers are meant to have all the power into one shot, not multiple pellets...which has been spread apart by Hellfire Shotguns to almost all parts of Wintons's body to truly harm him.
Reaper was even further away from point blank range and still can hurt Winston with spread pellets while Widow's sniper bullet, even though it was faurther away, didn't do really much to him, even with his back to her.
Being invulnearable from Sniper Bullets takes City Block durability btw, more on that here

Well then, this might be an upgrade for tanks like Winston then and perhaps characters like Reaper who can affect him.

AMM, pretty sure the fact that "Tanking Bullets = City Block dura" was literally debunked by the calcer himself in the comments. Even then, pretty sure High Grade Anti-Tank stuff =/= Sniper Bullets.

Also, I've realised that it's the armor being city block since actually all I've seen is their bullets, except Reaper's lasers, are only hitting Winston's armor, not his skin.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
AMM, pretty sure the fact that "Tanking Bullets = City Block dura" was literally debunked by the calcer himself in the comments. Even then, pretty sure High Grade Anti-Tank stuff =/= Sniper Bullets.
Hmm, it mostly accounts for "hardness" as said in the comments and said character can still be taken out via holding a hand cooked grenade.

Yeah but it also accounts only if you outright no-sells it. In this game, characters are still hurt, implying the bullets still went into their body, so it's not even fully tanking it.

Well, that's over. Continuing on with far-off sniper bullets at the back not being possibly building level, compared to Hellfire Shotguns meant to be close range yet, very spread pellets truly hurts a building level gorilla.

Don't keep trying to insert real-world firearms logic into this. Of course a real-life sniper rifle won't be able to hurt someone with MCB durability, but Caitlyn from League of Legends certainly can with her barely supernatural firearms.

Hurting a Building level Gorilla with a Sniper Rifle makes you Building level.

Or even this? See the bulllet shell glowing with possible magic?:

Caitlyn_OriginalLoading.jpg

1) That's not the canon splash art.

Caitlyn_Render.png

If you haven't noticed, her rifle is barely supernatural and it's still hurting MCB characters.

2) You're blowing my example completely out of proportion again in a crude attempt to discredit me while dodging my own point. But the idea of a fictional Sniper Rifle being unable to be scaled to a character in the same verse is absolutely ridiculous.

Fact of the matter is, it's still shooting bullets and it's hurting people who can tank the explosions of entire fleets.

Because you know, you'd rather dodge the point than abide by the scaling rules of the wiki.

You call that barely supernatural? Come on, man. Does that gun have those three studs on top of a regular gun barrel which are mainly used to aim? What kind of gun that needs monocles as those studs to aim? A very, VERY supernatural gun.

I'm not dodging which you keep saying I am. I'm stating something logical.

You're sticking real-world logic into a clearly supernatural series, which makes little sense whatsoever.

You don't have to bust a building to have Building level AP. Hurting a character with Building level AP is more than enough.

I am. That gun's clearly not a regular one but supernatural.

Or being a prick to a building level gorilla. What about the other bullets that was shot at him? You know, the ones that was shot in front of him and the ones that he did not flinch to?

I was about to bring that up, beat me to the punch.

Anyway, you're still blatantly ignoring the scaling rules of the wiki with this nonsensical reasoning. The hits you mentioned were clearly grazed him. Besides, he's a gorilla, he has a great deal of pain tolerance.

I forgot to mean, a rifle that shoots bullets that move to 12 o'clock, 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock (directions).

Fine, whatever. Can't pierce through something you don't want it to be pierced. Well, I also want to point out that Tracer has never damaged Widowmaker at all. All they did is aim-dodge their bullets and shoot bullets.

They still fought on par with each other and scale. Tracer would have been stomped if she was weaker than Widowmaker at all and even managed to disarm her.

The whole thing with no bullets hitting each other is more of a case of censorship than anything. After all, as you said before, the heroes of Overwatch don't want to stoop to the level of their enemies by killing all of their targets.

@WeeklyBattles

I was expecting three bullets coming out from one barrel but, that's not a rifle that is nearly the size of Caitlyn's body.

@Reppuzan

Sure, disarm her, when she was caught off guard as she came out of nowhere and snatched it from behind. Know why they are always far apart from each other? It's somewhat like Scout vs Heavy in his Meet the trailer. He casually moves away from Heavy so that he won't end up being crushed by his hands. You don't need to be as powerful to beat someone in that same level. Like Cole Macgrath, in his debate with Alex Mercer, he can zap Mercer's body all day long as Good Cole. A character of no city level attack potency still beat someone of city level durability.

Tracer would just keep Blinking away from bullets and shoot back while Widow does acrobatic techniques to aim-dodge bullets and shoot back.

You do realize that the Cole McGrath vs Alex Mercer debate was mostly about Cole's hax (including freezing and soul hax) than just pure outright power, right? You could pause to read the forums rather than try to spew something out in a flawed attempt to try an disprove the nature of the wiki itself.

Kind of hard to aimdodge when bullets had already been fired.

What Soul hax? You mean Bio Leech? That's if he could even get to Alex's face but, with a lifting strength like that? Pff yeah right. It's not just freezing and look at the weakness Alex has. His body locks in place because of electricity in his body. That's what Cole got in spades. Besides, in prototype 2 comics, he went to Canada at a cold day and his clothes are part of his skin yet, he don't feel cold at all. So, Cole won because of electric attacks.

Oh? So, you agree with me that all characters aren't supersonic since you say that aim-dodging is such a hassle? Wouldn't it be easy with that reaction and combat speed to just move your body away from bullets? Thank God, now you accept that they aren't all supersonic.

1) Building level characters beating City level characters with anything but hax. Right... Not to mention the fact that it shouldn't have been added since it was literally you and Core going back and forth with no other input.

2) Right... Because Supersonic+ characters are totally an outlier when you already have a handful of High Hypersonic+ Characters,

Yeah but, I still can debate back. I just want to give up for the time being. Core's right. Cole can zap him for eternity.

Oh? Did I mean HHS+, which means that Reinhardt is faster than bullets? I meant, subsonic since overwatch agents use covers, crooks that Soldier 76 fought still uses regular guns, the gang are full of humans and they can see him run around. Really, I'm surprised that the speed of Soldier 76 has not change to combat/reactions.

Captain America uses cover against bullets. Asgardians use cover against arrows. Spider-Man uses cover against bullets.

Gee, I guess they should all be downgraded to Subsonic too right?

Combat/Reactions, sure I'll give. But to downgrade everyone and their mother down to Subsonic is ridiculous given the current speed feats shown by the most human characters in the cast (relatively speaking).

Marvel heroes has shown many feats that doesn't really include skipping to the next frame when the grenade just exploded. Captain America, dodges, moves quickly and react to bullets but, does that mean his shield can cover him completely from all directions when it's only body diameter? I explained last time and you should already saw that. Arrows from who? Hawkeye or from Asgard, a world where gods and other supernatural people live, where they fight and build their weapons?

Spiderman, well, I haven't read much of his comics but, he did fought a dude made of electricity and Electro may, keyword, MAY, move as fast as lightning...since this is Marvel and he's electricity. Seriously though, do you even know whether Soldier 76 really did outrun the explosion when the camera skipped to being above the buildings?

Plus, you don't need to be at a speed higher than bullet speed since even Macgrath is called a casual bullet timer with only a speed of Mach 1.5 when bullets usually move above Mach 2.

Also, do downgrade the travel speed of Widowmaker too because, like I said, Tracer had to go over a longer distance, she is limited to quick moments whenever she used Blink and Blink is not continuous, and Widowmaker took a headstart after she kicked Tracer from below.

Widowmaker has reacted and dodged bullets, her reaction and combat speed are the only Hypersonic things here

And reinhardt is able to deploy his shield fast enough before bullets can strike, by reacting and moving to them

but srsly, carry on, ive got popcorn with me XD

Go ahead, eat your popcorn or might as well choke on it. Like I said, you do not need to be so much faster than mach 2 to react to bullets or even dodge them. Aim-dodge and all. How about Yu Narukami? His reaction speed is MHS because he dodged lightning. Since I'm a Persona 4 fan, sadly, he can't fight as fast as lightning. Even in the Cole Macgrath discussion about dodging four miniguns, they still didn't put out hypersonic combat speed, right?

Reinhardt? Hmmmmm......Or maybe, because of comic timeframe, he wasn't seen quickly reacting to Mach 2 and actually deployed his shield once he realised the Dragon gang were aiming their guns at him. At least subsonic speed. See?

Do remember that Overwatch agents have been shown to fight alongside Commander Morrison in combat. If they were THAT much slower than him in Combat Speed/Reactions they'd be a downright liability, much less an effective fighter.

Reinhardt is one of the original Overwatch Strike Force members. If he couldn't keep up with 76's combat speed, there's no way he would have made it onto the team.

Back