• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch feats for all current characters(with some exceptions)

Ok, cool. So, I apologise to all lower ranks for my reckless actions to change something undebated about.

Alright then.

I unlocked them but i don;t want you editing anything serious on their pages until this thread is done and when the people who have commented her thus far have agreed with what you proposed, okay? @Asdtgh

Sure. But, I still find Soldier 76 being completely HHS+ very wrong. At least two types of his speed are HHS+, just that the others don't seem well to be HHS+.

Well you need to dicuss that with Austrian, as it is his calc that got 76 there. If you can somehow work a way to put it differently, it can considered to be changed then...

Well, we aren't scaling it to anyone else except possibly Reaper for fighting him head on. It is a legitimate feat that also serves as reaction speed given how little time he had to get the girl out of the explosion.

@CrossverseCrisis

Thanks, Crisis. Can I call you Crisis?

@Reppuzan

True, but that's the first speed that should at least had happened for him. The second is at least short-burst speed which I have been saying countless of times that it's been short-burst speed always. I don't really find his combat speed and movement speed anywhere that because why did he need to take cover(like I said again), why did he need to aim-dodge by running away from the range of fire from the gatling gun or by dodge rolling over bullets that could have hit him and why can't his reflexes and movement speed get the grenade and throw it back to the truck?

Same goes for the stealth thing. Why did he need to take out like two of them and drag one into the darkness and ambush another from behind...in the darkness. I think 76 can get at least the HHS+ for reactions and short-burst and Reaper being HHS+ for combat and reaction speed is decent because he makes those same red images just like Genji's green ones deflecting ability. He could scale to Soldier 76's short-burst and reactions so yeah. Reaper can have the HHS+ for combat/reactions with his Ultimate.

And, what do you mean not to anyone else but possibly Reaper? Tracer was edited to be possibly HHS+ but, why? I mean, I know they could train and all but, can't it be an alternative of Soldier 76 being like Captain America against some Overwatch agents like in the Ultimate Spiderman episode?

Thank you.

Also, I just looked up on Genji's speed. What happened to lightning deflecting speed?

Bluedash's calc got downgraded cause one of our admins and calc group members Alakabamm noted about how miniguns don't shoot hella bullets at one time so.....basically, Blue had to change it up badly and now Genji is Hypersonic. :/

Hmm, that's sad. It'll be cool for such a ninja to be lightning speed. I guess that's a reason.

You know,since he's faster than Soldier 76 in the games, putting game mechanics outside, couldn't he possibly scale from that too

-Btw you guys should put your names in the supporters list XD

Hmm....you may have a good point there, Jinx. I'll have to ask Austrian and Blue about it, though. If Austrian says so and perhaps even Blue (given that one of them made the calc that has 76 where he is at now)? We can bring him back up again.

So, we're not managing how Soldier 76's speed supposed to be? I'm fine with the scaling of Soldier 76 for Genji.

We have to talk to Austrian about it, first. His calc got accepted by one of our calc members (whose also an admin at that too).

It's only a matter of what he would want it to be as. If he can be convinced to make it otherwise, then 76's speed can be changed accordingly...

Also, Reinhardt's mechanic dragon feat? Since when? It only looked like he was imagining a dragon that was behind those dragon-kin warriors. Only, they're just a bunch of crooks with wall level technologies.

Flame breathing? That's the flamethrower from one 0f the Dragon gangs on a bike instead of only that 'dragon'.

Even so, Reinhardt can be scaled to be above characters taht arent tanks, and being the actual strongest physical character, it can be so

Soldier 76's speed being short-burst only.

By your logic, there's no way Captain America could be Hypersonic+ here since he takes cover and uses his shield to block incoming fire. It's portrayed in fiction that way for drama. Things wouldn't be interesting if the characters could take the practical route and blitz everyone with their superior speed.

Because one, Captain America's durability is, surprisingly, worse than Soldier 76.

Two, he has dodge point blank gunfire, throw his shield to save someone from bullets, even blitz other gun men before. The only possible reason why he has to take cover or block is that the gun men are highly superior than even the Hydra, they use lasers that move so much faster or it's a whole army of armed men that he had to deal with alone instead of a group.

Soldier 76? There's another possibility that he can quickly svlave her by, in a split second, going over that 2 metres before the grenade detonates and he got caught by the explosion. But, why I'm against completely HHS+ is because Captain America, himself, dealt with gun men by himself by blitzing them, he caught a missile, stop point blank bullets, blah blah blah, seen legit in comic pictures.

Three, Captain America showed many speed feats that has continuously been jabbed into the minds of readers and fans while only one feat for Soldier 76's speed is in his own Hero Cinematic...which is the grenade. (Don't bring up the gunfire, the minigun was at far range and it's best for damage and rapide fire, instead of accuracy. Same applied for the guns on the roof. That's why he aim dodges.)

Four, The cinematic skipped to the time where Soldier 76 looked back to the girl before the next frame was explosion. Yes, the timer was going off but, do you know what time was that for an absurd type of grenade that beeps?

Do note hat he was also getting shot at from above, and tumbled through a hail of gunfire from above in addition to the shots being fired by the minigun. In addition to that, he locked on to all three gunmen on the roof and incapacitated all of them while they were firing at him without a scratch. No, he didn't stop bullets, but he has certainly been shown to consistently react to gunfire and was not struck by a single round despite being fired at from less than ten feet away by men armed with assault rifles.

If you have so much problem with the timing of the calc, take it up with the man himself. But honestly I don't see the issue.

Look, I'm fine with any kind of speed below HHS+ or HHS+ for short burst and reactions but, like I said, gunfire by minigun is very inaccurate with that far of a range, don't you agree? And, that was with his Tactical Visor, the aim bot, when he goes up and shoot a bunch of thugs down. It's possible that his reaction speed was so much faster or even combat speed was so much faster to do this close range. Again, Tactical Visor.

That is great and all but you honestly think that those thugs are so trained in gunfire that they, themselves, are like the A.Is of CoD Veteran? No. Hell, they all gang up on an Omnic and a child for shiz and giggles. Still, during the baseball bat fight, they can still see 76 fighting. The same with one guy who jumped on him from behind and the girl can see all the action. Their blind shooting of guns made it harder for him and that's why he needs to take cover or aim dodge or other things.

Keep in mind that I will thoroughly check AMM's calculations for this as soon as possible, as I was not able to do so a couple days before.

Do note, however, that in order to qualify for High Hypersonic+ travel speed, Soldier 67 has to travel at that speed for a lengthy period of time. In the calculation that AMM did, we only see:

• Soldier 67 making a quick dash at that speed
  • Soldier 67 only moving at that speed for a very short period of time
Therefore, this feat would count towards Soldier 67's reactions/combat speed and not travel speed. It's a similar situation to Mercury/Emerald dodging lightning at a close distance that yielded MHS speed, but that would count towards combat/short burst speed due to them only moving at that speed for a brief amount of time.

Well, the way the two of them dodged the lightning is somewhat like short-burst since they "flash-step"ping. It can be the same with Soldier 76 and also the same for his short-burst. And, FINALLY, thank you for being the nearly the only one understanding what I meant.

For the record, Soldier:76 can't flash step. With Lina's explanation I suppose Combat Speed and Reactions is appropriate, but not "short-burst speed" as you suggested since:

1) It's a seldom used term on this wiki

2) It implies that Soldier 76 is unable to fight at such speeds for an extended period of time.

Wow, I even put the inverted commas to say "flash-step". And, short-burst could be the same for Tracer since she kept going from one end to another when she Blinked like how Dishonored is...where Connors' ability is also called Blink.

Well, short burst speed and combat speed are very similar in terms of meaning as they describe how fast he/she can move in that instant.

Ex: Dodging a bullet at point blank range could be applied for combat speed (since it was done during combat), but could also apply for short burst speed as well since he only moved at that specific speed for a brief moment.

Anyways, just leave his speed as reactions/combat speed for now since we hardly ever use the term "short burst speed" anyways.

Here's another one. In the Alive cinematic, Widowmaker didn't really react to Tracer after she killed the robot President even in the museum cinematic, she got fooled around and easily disarmed by Tracer's Blinking. She also aim-dodged over and under the bullets of the human guards, who can see her as well.

And, there is no way her travel speed is just like Tracer when she took the shortcut up the stairs with her hook instead of Tracer, having to Blink around to go up.

Widowmaker's lifting strength doesn't seem very correct when she was the one being grabbed by Winston and Winston was the one who had to take the fall higher than the museum, which is the reason why she got free from his grip.

Her bullets don't really hurt Winston but only to piss him off. Reason, Reaper's Hellfire Shotguns or lasers are the only ones, excluding Doomfist, to harm the gorilla because Winston only used his arm to block his shots or back off from him but grunts, get mad, run blindly at Widowmaker who annoyingly shot at him.

In summary, Widowmaker's speed is wrong since she was outplayed easily by Tracer's Blinks, still can be seen by humans and she aim-dodges. Her lifting strength is unknown because Winston let go of her because he fell so high. Attack potency can't really harm Winston but annoy him since only Reaper and Doomfist can put him to a defensive postition.

1) So... you're implying that Widowmaker has Subsonic reactions when literally everyone else has Supersonic reactions and a couple of other characters have High Hypersonic reactions... I'm not buying it.

2) Running speed maybe, but remember that Travel Speed includes any form of transportation the character can use in combat, and she was ascending the stairwell at speeds comparable to Tracer's blinks.

3) Seems to make sense, but the act of getting Winston to land on his back in the first place would imply some mid-air wrestling.

4) They still make him noticeably flinch and recoil. If they were anything less he would not even feel them.

I have been going on countless of times that not nearly EVERY SINGLE character, made in the blogs here, can be as fast as Soldier 76, excluding the Tank classes and Junkrat or even those that are not scaled to HHS+. At least tone down the travel/movement speed. Let me add on, Widowmaker took an express way up with her hook, she was shooting at Tracer while she did not, Tracer's going up the stairs may be limited in her distance to where she sees to go over and not the distance to where she does not see to go over.

Meaning, she still have slower reaction speed without using Blink and she'll tilt her head to the location she find suit.

Or maybe Winston wants to save Widowmaker to imprison her for years instead of adding her into the reasons for civilians to hate Overwatch, Heroes killing Villains.

You mean sniper bullets to the back of the head or other parts where Winston can't see or react to? Reaper was right in front of him and he gets hurt by him while for Widow, even a bullet to the front arm, he doesn't flinch as he galloped, I think that's the word of Horse movement, to her.

1) Travel Speed I'm willing to downgrade, reactions not so much. Like I said, if literally everyone else was as slow as you said, then they'd get blitzed by Genji and Soldier 76 in a fight, which makes no sense.

2) Still doesn't change the fact that she's one of the fastest characters in the game and is comparable to Genji, who deflects bullets, and she still moves, fires, and reloads faster than Soldier 76.

3) Fair enough.

4) It still affected him. The bullets struck him hard enough to make him noticeably flinch. This isn't a case of Superman where the bullets bounce right off and he couldn't care less. He's tanking them and feeling the impact.

It does make sense, Genji moving so much faster than bullet speed and Soldier 76, well, his HHS+ is still debatable while the others? I don't want to repeat myself. Plus, Genji's bullet deflecting is his combat and reactions, not movement, right?

Yes, Tracer is very fast but, with or without Blink? Without Blink, you're making no sense. With Blink, you aren't.

Like I said, he didn't see it coming, he doesn't know when it's coming and he certainly was talking casually to the two kids before being interrupted. And, he didn't flinch to the sniper shot right in front of him, did he?

And, you're right! This isn't a 'Superman' case! This is a 'Goku's being so forgiving to the alien who killed his best friend and was caught off guard' case! How would you expect somebody to take cheap shots from behind. It's like Spy, Heavy won't realise he stabbed him by the back but would tank his stabs from the front.

Because your sarcasm is certainly improving the validity of your case. Not to mention the fact that you're blowing my example completely out of proportion and using extraneous details for no apparent reason.

My point is, if it didn't affect Winston in the slightest, he wouldn't feel it and thus would not flinch. The fact that he did implies that it at least has some affect on him despite having taken blows that can supposedly level skyscrapers.

Back