• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overvoid Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Xearsay I'll just wait for your summarizations for High 1A Overvoid and arguments against the downgrade before doing the same on my part.

Well it's more about Limbo. The Monitor Sphere is just an archetypal plane of existence that scales above Limbo. I remember there was an argument about Limbo scaling beyond the 1-B scan but I'll have to look at it again. We could talk about it in messages if you want since this is kind of derailing.
Well, not exactly cause it would actually further support a downgrade against Overvoid.

Anyway, to elaborate more on what I meant, I actually agree with the Overvoid viewing the hierarchy of layers of existence that makes up creation as fiction, which would mean trivialising it completely as opposed to just being above some topmost layer.

That being said, I don't agree with that hierarchy being 1-A to begin with.
That's also an argument, what exactly makes this hierarchy 1A to begin with?

He's saying that you don't need a 1-A+ hierarchy for High 1-A. And he's right. That's said, he doesn't seem to realise that what's being put into question is the hierarchy being 1-A to begin with.
Yeah, I just didn’t understand what he was saying. I agree with him, but I do believe that limbo probably isn’t 1A, tho if we go in that direction it’s best to wait for the bigger revision thread coming. Speaking of which, anyone know when that’s coming?

Yeah, I just didn’t understand what he was saying. I agree with him, but I do believe that limbo probably isn’t 1A, tho if we go in that direction it’s best to wait for the bigger revision thread coming. Speaking of which, anyone know when that’s coming?
Oh... 2025? Ish?

Oh…shit. Damn, shouldn’t multiple people be working on it, then?
They are but many either left the wiki or do not have the time or expertise to offer any more in-depth information.

In any case, most of the material is gathered. What's left is to make out what's more consistent and to decide whether to keep a composite cosmology or divide it by writer. Though I think the latter policy might've been chosen.

Honestly, I'd prefer we postpone revising the god-tier characters until the actual revision takes place. Seems too messy to make changes to the cosmology here and there.

They are but many either left the wiki or do not have the time or expertise to offer any more in-depth information.

In any case, most of the material is gathered. What's left is to make out what's more consistent and to decide whether to keep a composite cosmology or divide it by writer. Though I think the latter policy might've been chosen.
Oh, I’m going to enjoy that revision when it comes. Also, how many people need to agree before the changes can be implemented?

Honestly, I'd prefer we postpone revising the god-tier characters until the actual revision takes place. Seems too messy to make changes to the cosmology here and there.
I’m mainly doing this based on the premise that there’s nothing that solidly keeps Overvoid at High 1A. It didn’t have too much to do with the hierarchy, but more to do with its relation with said hierarchy.

I and a few of the members working on the revision have the opposite view, namely that it does hold qualitative superiority over the hierarchy but the hierarchy itself is only a 1-B multiverse. Oh well, I'll ask and see what some other members think.

@Antvasima @Firestorm808 @QuasiYuri @Elizio33

You guys alright with dealing with this now or during the revision?
I am not sure. I think that DC Comics may have the most exaggerated statistics in the entire wiki right now, but I also think that our revision of it needs to be thorough.

Can you or Yuri summarise the conclusions here so far please?

I am not sure. I think that DC Comics may have the most exaggerated statistics in the entire wiki right now, but I also think that our revision of it needs to be thorough.

That's definitely true. I was basically just making a minor revision on Overvoid. I think the cosmology revision will obviously be far more thorough.

I haven't thoroughly read the thread but there's general agreement that the Overvoid shouldn't be High 1-A.

I think so because the hierarchy he holds superiority to isn't 1-A to begin with while others feel that the degree he's superior to a 1-A hierarchy isn't enough for High 1-A.

After browsing through this thread I agree with the above statements. We should probably close this thread.

I haven't thoroughly read the thread but there's general agreement that the Overvoid shouldn't be High 1-A.

I think so because the hierarchy he holds superiority to isn't 1-A to begin with while others feel that the degree he's superior to a 1-A hierarchy isn't enough for High 1-A.
Okay. It still seems more appropriate to wait and handle this properly though.

After browsing through this thread I agree with the above statements. We should probably close this thread.
So, when you mean close the thread, do you mean to wait for the more massive DC revision? Cause I have no problem with that, I just don't see a need to postpone all DC revisions until then.

Yes, this is a very major revision that is a part of a system of other revisions that we intend to make eventually.

Minor revisions are fine for the most part. This is certainly not a minor matter.
I mean...I wouldn't really call this much of a major revision. It's downgrading a character based on the relation that it has with everything else and the fact that it doesn't have enough to be High 1A. It's not extremely major tbh.

. I think that DC Comics may have the most exaggerated statistics in the entire wiki right now, but I also think that our revision of it needs to be thorough.
You're not meant to say such in CRTs.

But tarang I can give you my thoughts on limbo.
Limbo is "nowhere" . Limbo is outside the Multiverse and it's the last outpost of the existence before the archetypal Monitor World and the Overvoid . There are no space, time, stories and events here . In the libray of the Limbo there is Infinite Book which contains all of existence inside it.
Monitor Sphere should definitely be a 1-A realm, as it's an archetypal realm where form and meaning surrender to the Overvoid and time is the clockwork pattern in the sky.
Nil and the dreaming also plus the source wall.

You're not meant to say such in CRTs.

But tarang I can give you my thoughts on limbo.
Limbo is "nowhere" . Limbo is outside the Multiverse and it's the last outpost of the existence before the archetypal Monitor World and the Overvoid . There are no space, time, stories and events here . In the libray of the Limbo there is Infinite Book which contains all of existence inside it.
Monitor Sphere should definitely be a 1-A realm, as it's an archetypal realm where form and meaning surrender to the Overvoid and time is the clockwork pattern in the sky.
Nil and the dreaming also plus the source wall.
Being beyond space and time isn’t 1A

The sphere of gods is also a 1-a realm
I actually believe some realms in it qualify but I'm not really knowledgeable on the entirety of the sphere of gods except I know it as a platonic archetypal world and ***** like that as it has many origins about stories and magic.

I actually believe some realms in it qualify but I'm not really knowledgeable on the entirety of the sphere of gods except I know it as a platonic archetypal world and ***** like that as it has many origins about stories and magic.
I disagree with the sphere of gods being 1A, but that’s just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back