• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oversized sword vs oversized scythe (Altina the Sword princess vs Schera, Death incarnate) (1 Votes left)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
Violet is next on the chopping block

Altina vs Schera Zade

This is Altina with her Sword vs Single Deathgod Schera

Speed is not equalized (They literally scale from the same feats so eh) and battle takes place in a open arena, honorable combat shall ensure

Sword Princess:

Death God: 5

Sudoku:

Madness and Fear are really minor against strong willed characters. Its paranoia inducing and slowly ramps up the longer they are in Scheras presence and isnt "lol you cant move because of fear type shit". Altina would feel uncomfortable and only slowly feel actual fear. It took mook soldiers some minutes before they killed themself out of fear of Schera, Altina should be fine for way longer.

Alright, then it should end before it gets to that.

When Zade threw a sickle beyond the longbow range in less than a second, was it her super big weapon? Because a longbow max range seems too be over 300 meters, and clearing that kind of distance in less than a second is pretty close to the speed of sound. If it was her giant weapon, I don't think Altina can compare to that kind of strength.

No, Schera uses normal farming sickles as ranged weapons, she can fling her scythe too but not over this range

Blade locking isnt Scheras Style, she always deflects attacks. But yes, Altina seems to have the edge physically. But how good is Altina's endurance?

Schera could fight on full power on a starving stomach, poisoned and severly wounded by bolts. She should scale to her subordinates who can fight even with multiple lethal wounds until their life force ran out or their heads were destroyed. In a true near death situtation can fully recover by devouring a Death God that might possess Altina (Death Gods possesses people who are on the brink of killing someone and do not harm the host otherwise)

Schera can deploy fog to obstruct Altinas perception and amplify her deathly aura.

If she's fighting an equal, then swinging the heavy sword around should tire her relatively quickly, but she should still be able to fight for several minutes, at least. That's more than most swordfights will last anyway.

Iirc, she could still fight with one arm after the other got broken, so she at least has some good pain tolerance, although not on Scheras' level. Her main thing is that her sword is an one-shot weapon, just one clean hit can generally bisect people. I don't think she can handle possession, and her only counter to fog should be just walking out of it.

The possession dosnt do anything to Altina, she dosnt even realize that something possessed her. Death Gods possesses people who are about to kill someone and Schera can consume them to power up.

Scheras fog is preetty big, it could span through multiple mountain ranges, so just walking out might be hard.

While i do believe Altina to be more skilled, i dont think it would be that easy for her to cleave Schera in half (And Schera might actually still be able to power through that). Cutting of Scheras Head would kill her for good though

How good is the power-up?

Well, I don't think Altina can see through fog, so she doesn't really have anything against that.

Varies wildly, baseline assumption (because this always happens when she consumed a death god) is being restored to full health and physical boost, no known multiplier though

No regen feats on that level no. She would live longer if she manages to eat one after being cut in half though, as it refreshes her life force

Well, not having legs should be quite a hindrance that'd let Altina finish her off quickly. The issue is getting to that.

Would Zade use the mist as a starting move?

Yes and no, she used it 2 times in the whole series, but in both she opened with it. One was in response to a army and the other was to isolate them

Seems more like specific cases then. I guess it's fine to assume she won't use it here before they trade blows for a while?

I actually planned Violet for tha Axe part...

But Rory is actually a good choice too.

And forking vote son. Dont let me hang here.

Seems Schera Zade has the advantage with her more versatily ability. Vote for her.

Back