• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slayer vs Death (Goblin Slayer vs Schera Zade) (05/0)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
Is this good.

Please don't die

Goblin Slayer vs Schera Zade

Single Death God Schera is used and speed is equalized.

I slay Goblins:

I slay humans: 5

You know, Goblins in Goblin Slayer can be interpreted as a morbid allegory for the greed in us humans, manifestating itself as petty, gruesome and greedy goblins and- who even cares:

So it's been a long time since I've read Goblin Slayer, but this just feels like food for Schera Zade. Schera's use of deflection to wear down her opponent's stamina, along with her ridiculously heavy weapon, would win in a straight engagement, no problem. She also has longer reach.

Her enhanced senses would render ambushes and guerilla warfare meaningless. See feats:

Throwing sickles with deadly accuracy at hidden crossbowmen in the middle of the night while in the midst of solo combat against a large number of combatants.

If GS chooses to engage with Bow & Arrow, I imagine Schera would return a sickle much faster, but I don't think she would use one until he tries to flee, otherwise.

I don't think GS has enough killing intent towards humans to activate Schera's Power Absorption, if it comes to that, and GS has high resistance to fear, so I imagine many of her mind manipulation powers wouldn't have enough of an effect.

The only thing I can see GS using to win here is his Gate Scroll, but Schera Zade is also a small target (smaller than GS, actually), and her horse increases her mobility. Though it might flood the area, I doubt it would actually be able to hit her since she practices use of mobility in battle.

Ah, I also forgot to put it on Schera's page, but she is capable of deflecting arrows and determining which ones would be fatal while they are in flight and being fired in quick succession for an extended period of time, though eventually she got hit in the armor of her shoulder. The arrow did not pierce her skin. Source: The Girl Who Ate a Death God Episode 9: Grass is good sometimes

Voting for Schera Zade

You have read Death God too? What a coincidence lol.

I think there are 5 Stories, but only Death God and Flame Ring are fully translated.

First Witch said:
You have read Death God too? What a coincidence lol.
I think there are 5 Stories, but only Death God and Flame Ring are fully translated.
lol yeah I even have it downloaded as a pdf on my phone.

Same. Kumo Desu discord server member actually made a .epub file of the wn to read, actually. That's how I read it most of the time lol.

Wall level, mostly based on feats that destroy shields, armor, and the human body with thrown rocks, as well as cleaving a man+horse vertically in two in a single swing of her scythe (this was early in her military career, so by the end she's even stronger). I'm not a calc guy so that's more of a guess based on comparing/contrasting with similar feats than anything else. Mostly Guts, Golden Age, though the horse feat is particularly reminiscent of the early Black Swordsman arc. From my own understanding, Schera is somewhere in-between GA and early/mid Black Swordsman in terms of AP.

Something to consider is that the demons and the like present in the second series in this world, The Maiden Called Hero or Monster, probably have AP equaling Apostles.

@NoGround

Thank you, though I am looking for a numerical value if there is one to provide. Normally, characters without a calculation are assumed to be baseline. I'm thinking maybe there's a feat from the list of common feats that she scales to.

Back