• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overrated animes

I’m sorry but, everything anime related is overrated. Because anime is cringe and weird as ****.

Watch these anime fanboys come after me and tell me that I’m judgmental, and that i have never seen a “good” anime even tho I tried quite alot of times but it gave me cancer every time and so i just decided to stop watch it because I don’t wanna die.

I’m sorry but, everything anime related is overrated. Because anime is cringe and weird as ****.

Watch these anime fanboys come after me and tell me that I’m judgmental, and that i have never seen a “good” anime even tho I tried quite alot of times but it gave me cancer every time and so i just decided to stop watch it because I don’t wanna die.
I am not an anime fanboy, but generalising all anime as cringe is really dumb, and in general generalising any type of media based on what you saw or what you think of it is wrong.

I am not an anime fanboy, but generalising all anime as cringe is really dumb, and in general generalising any type of media based on what you saw or what you think of it is wrong.
Oooof lol see i was right about people like that coming at me for saying this. As I predicted, also judging by your profile picture….. Never mind.

Oooof lol see i was right about people like that coming at me for saying this. As I predicted, also judging by your profile picture….. Never mind.
My profile pic is from a game. And I just hate generalizations. If you said something like this for Games, Movie, Comics or anything else I would act the same way.

It's fine if you think like this, it's your opinion, but saying that a media is cringe is just wrong.

Agreed, couldn't get into Evangelion for the life of me.

Also, no lie, I think Jujutsu Kaisen is pretty overrated.
I enjoyed Gurrenn Lagann way more than Evangelion.

I haven't Jujutsu Kaisen watched it yet, but mfs were already saying it's a goated anime when it doesn't even have 100 episodes out yet. I hate it when anime fans do that.

Last edited:

Imagine trying to get attention by dissing anime lmao

1738 eyy

any op protag anime/manga. Like people be drooling over Rimuru and Anos cause they stronk. Meanwhile their series are basic with at best a few good parts. Slime isekai was good...til season 2 that is. I already know what goes on in s2 and maybe even 3 cause i read the webnovel a bit but the anime has just too much "rimuru sama~!" and such. Maou gakin...i don't even want to give it a try.

any op protag anime/manga. Like people be drooling over Rimuru and Anos cause they stronk. Meanwhile their series are basic with at best a few good parts. Slime isekai was good...til season 2 that is. I already know what goes on in s2 and maybe even 3 cause i read the webnovel a bit but the anime has just too much "rimuru sama~!" and such. Maou gakin...i don't even want to give it a try.
More like people love simple and overpower, all perfected MC where he trump over almost anything without breaking any sweat. While those anime, manga, light novel in general fun to watch and read they not that good like how people rated them.

The web novel is 100 percent different from the light novel on both shows.

TenSura LN is way different than the Web Novel, also, Maou Gakuin is not a power creep series unlike most of people thinks

Mine would be;
  • Attack on Titan
  • MHA
  • Slime
  • FMA Brotherhood
  • Seven Deadly Sins
  • Shield Hero
  • Kakegurui (still don't get why it's so popular)
  • JoJo
  • March Comes like a lion
  • Parasyte
  • Railgun

pepe-clipart-5.png

On a side note, Pepe kinda cute

Overall, frankly, I don't really use the term a lot. It's not that I don't find a lot of works being overrated by some, but it's that I find them to have just as many people underrating them or being flat out indifferent. Most things that are overrated are only so for a short period of time, same thing as underrated.

There's plenty of anime and manga that I dislike and whole genres that I tend to dislike, such as Isekai, but it'd be unfair for me to say that they are under/overrated as I dislike that kind of thing in general.

If I had to focus on specific timeframes and talk about things I thought to be overrated at the time... Well...

I hesitate to say that Demon Slayer is overrated as I find it genuinely cool and well-developed, at least from what little I've read of it, but aside from the animation quality of the anime, nothing there really caught my attention. It is overrated in the sense that I'd say it is a 7/10, but most people I know talk about it as it was, what, 9/10 or 10/10.

There was a time that Tokyo Ghoul was extremely popular and I wasn't impressed with it, to be honest. I think the ideas there are cool and the development is great, but again, nothing that noteworthy.

I really didn't understand the Tensei Shitara Datta Ken overhype a while ago. I understood how it would be appealing as a power fantasy thing, as it was more well-written than most isekai I've seen and had more of an attempt at world-building, but it still fell short as a story in any regard when compared to other manga. Today I recognize that I tend to dislike isekai and power fantasies, so it's unfair to say that. Plus, I recognize nowadays that, of all isekai I've read, it is still one of the best, if only by faint praise.

While I tend to consider most shonen tropes as typical of the genre, I thought that Fairy Tail went a bit too far with them for my tastes. Didn't read much of it, though, so it could've gotten better after a while, but most people I knew told me that it only got worse, so yeah.

Lastly, this is a weird case, as I was surrounded by people who hated it, not overrated it, but I found SAO to be mostly... Bland. Above average, in fact, but that's about it. Nothing struck me as particularly good aside of the concept, which I really like, but it is otherwise above average, as it certainly wasn't bad and the general quality of plot was above that of random manga and anime I've seen all over the internet. I didn't undersand neither the hate nor the love, for me it seemed like the type of fictional verse that would have a small, nonvocal, but tightly-knit fanbase, and that's about it. I mean, yeah, Kirito doesn't really develop as a character and the story is full of tropes that aren't very well written but it ain't that bad, it's just not that good either.

Attack on Titan, never really felt drawn in by the story and the constant over the top deaths just made everything feel depressing.

I dont mind when Anime is dark or depressing but for me it cant just be a constant thing, the constant introduction of new characters then killing them in a few episodes just felt overbearing after awhile.

Got to the point where if they werent one of like a few major characters and they got any screen time/development you where just like “Welp they bout to get murked”

Back