• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overrated animes

to be honest I never really cared about most of the characters that were there just to get killed off in a few episodes.

I am however glad atleast a certain titan slayer death influenced reiner alot and played alot in the series

Read the manga.

Personally, I think the original Dragon Ball manga, Jujutsu Kaisen, and Chainsaw Man are just boring. It took me a bit to finally hop on the bandwagon, and once I finished reading them (or in the case of Jujutsu Kaisen, caught up), I was left satisfied for a week, and then I went back to being bored. They didn't leave that much of an impression on me, despite me being a pretty big fan of action manga.

Jujutsu Kaisen has left me engaged enough to keep up with its story though, so that's an extra point for Akutami.

I don't know why people talk about the women of Jujutsu, that's not even close to the positive point. The best thing I see is about the non-duelity between Mahito and Itadori and the development of Geto, those are the best points of the manga. The only truly interesting and good woman in Jujutsu is Maki

I don't know why people talk about the women of Jujutsu, that's not even close to the positive point. The best thing I see is about the non-duelity between Mahito and Itadori and the development of Geto, those are the best points of the manga. The only truly interesting and good woman in Jujutsu is Maki
I personally disagree that Maki is the only good and interesting woman in the series. They're all interesting characters in their own right. It's just that certain characters are more interesting than others

Maki and Nobara are the only ones who really have a relevant highlight, others like Miwa and Mei Mei appear momentarily to fight and then disappear.

Maki and Nobara are the only ones who really have a relevant highlight, others like Miwa and Mei Mei appear momentarily to fight and then disappear.
Again, all of them are interesting, but I agree that Maki and Nobara are the only ones that get much of a highlight. However, on a separate note, I personally enjoy the relationship between Fushiguro and Itadori, much better than the one between Sasuke and Naruto, which the verse is similar to

Bleach is overrated...now, I personally liked it, but I think it gets a bit too much praise
why is it overrated now? were is the too much praise coming from?
The best thing I see is about the non-duelity between Mahito and Itadori and the development of Geto, those are the best points of the manga.
lel i think this is the first time ive seen different praise for jjk. besides the usual animation good and hate bashing other animes cause thr women representation isn't as good as jjk.

why is it overrated now? were is the too much praise coming from?

lel i think this is the first time ive seen different praise for jjk. besides the usual animation good and hate bashing other animes cause thr women representation isn't as good as jjk.
Hard to explain when it comes to Bleach hype. I just didn't find it as interesting as others said it was.

Well, it is a fandom. Usually the majority is dumb.

was it the fillers that threw you off? people say different things but i really think the rescue arc was peak bleach then it kinda mellowed out till the start of the sternritter invasion.

also to note, aside from hatebashing other verses bit which does get really annoying, im completely fine with woman representation and such. it might feel cringy now but its definitely a step in the right direction towards normalisation. i think black clover handles it very well. and sakura for all the hate is a positive in boruto although the scaling is a mess.

I will never understand the Sakura hate myself. I recently caught up with Naruto and thought she was pretty good? Not the best character, but far far far better from what I heard about her from others before reading it.

I will never understand the Sakura hate myself. I recently caught up with Naruto and thought she was pretty good? Not the best character, but far far far better from what I heard about her from others before reading it.
I guess someone in the internet hates her then most agrees then the others who saw it hates her because they saw it in the internet

Aot- Attack on mid 7/10 Overhyped, Ending was ass

Soul eater- mid eater or shit eater -shit got me to sleep

jjk- Jujutsu mid or Mid Kaisen- was just whelmed

Mid Genesis Evangelion- if the point of the show was to make me want to pull out my retinas with a fork, It was good.

Mid X Mid- shit aint special

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Mid - Giorno is ass.

the hate for boruto- its not bad.

the hate for shippuden- Part2>Part1.

Maou Gakuin -All characters other than the pushover MC are useless, far more useless than Sakura in fact I don't understand why the enemy is still charging at the Edgelord after witnessing his almighty power, their stupidity never fails to amaze me. If this is a gag show, i would tolerate it, but unfortunately its not.

Demon Slayer -the story is not too bad 7/10, the animation carries the whole series.

SAO - ...watched the first season, dropped halfway through, watched alicization also dropped midway, the writer is good at creating annoying Characters that makes people irritated and that's all he's good at. i don't know but when i compare the first season and alicization somehow the writing style changed, the early episodes of the first season can still get me excited but even though with a great animation, watching alicization makes me feel like reading a mediocore novel instead of watching anime, they almost dramatize everything even the death of a fking flower, IMO sword art ONLINE really is off the track, its not anime about game anymore and i don't what it is.

The way he treats naruto and how much she likes sasuke despite everything he has done to her

Imo sakura isn't really hated that much as people think in the internet, I think some of it is deserved, lots of people like her too and lots don't.

To answer the OP I think demon slayer is p overrated, its good but I feel like besides its animation theres nothing really unique about it

Maki is the best woman in Jujutsu Kaisen by far. Nobara ain't even that great.
Well, Nobara is pretty good. She's basically Sakura, but better. (Albeit, that's not too impressive cause...it's Sakura)
She's okay, but people were hyping her up as this revolution to the roles of shonen female protagonists and she was definitely not all that. I could name a few female leads in shonen I prefer over her off the top of my head.

I agree with Life_Of_King
I do understand where the woman representation stuff comes from, but nobrara as a character isnt particularly special imo.She is pretty badass and all so she is liked by the community.
The manga is a lot better than the anime.The duality moments between Mahito and Itadori, Gojo as a character(in hidden inventory atleast) are the best moments in the manga imo.

Aot- Attack on mid 7/10 Overhyped, Ending was ass

Soul eater- mid eater or shit eater -shit got me to sleep

jjk- Jujutsu mid or Mid Kaisen- was just whelmed

Mid Genesis Evangelion- if the point of the show was to make me want to pull out my retinas with a fork, It was good.

Mid X Mid- shit aint special

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Mid - Giorno is ass.

the hate for boruto- its not bad.

the hate for shippuden- Part2>Part1.
Everything was so wrong but giorno being bad is mega based

Detective is already dead is overrated,many ppl watch this anime just because they like Siesta's design

I think it's because most of the shonen series didn't explored their female cast even further to the point they seems useless/wasted (Naruto for example)

Back