• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overrated animes

i never got the hype behind nasuverse anime.
I tried watching but kinda quit. It just didn't interest me. The confusing watching manner is even worse.
The "A certain magical index" and the rest didn't interest me either in a similar way.

I can kinda see what you're saying with OPM, but DB nah.
Db yes. It is decent but not as amazing as some people suggest. It has good fights but the plot is rather simple.
It follows the formula of new stronger villains every time but too consistently, though super is kinda begining to diverge from that path.
It basically goes villain to stronger villain to stronger villain ect. And in between is just fights with some lore.

Db yes. It is decent but not as amazing as some people suggest. It has good fights but the plot is rather simple.
It follows the formula of new stronger villains every time but too consistently, though super is kinda begining to diverge from that path.
It basically goes villain to stronger villain to stronger villain ect. And in between is just fights with some lore.
A simple plot doesn't matter to me as long as it's executed well. My favorite shows to watch are shows that have simple plots that are executed well. Shows that try too hard to be deep and complex (ahem Evangelion) aren't my cup of tea. I think that's why DB has stuck with me, even after all these years. It was simple, something that I wish would be more appreciated nowadays in animation: Simplicity. A lot of people think that nowadays in order to have a good show you need character arcs, character development, etc. I just like sitting down and watching an episode from a cartoon I really enjoy without worrying about prior episodes.

A simple plot doesn't matter to me as long as it's executed well. My favorite shows to watch are shows that have simple plots that are executed well. Shows that try too hard to be deep and complex (ahem Evangelion) aren't my cup of tea. I think that's why DB has stuck with me, even after all these years. It was simple, something that I wish would be more appreciated nowadays in animation: Simplicity. A lot of people think that nowadays in order to have a good show you need character arcs, character development, etc. I just like sitting down and watching an episode from a cartoon I really enjoy without worrying about prior episodes.
Most DB Fans that still like DB (including myself) and watch DBS is becouse of childhood and nostalgy, but character's development is horrible, little to none backstory for villians, nor convicing reasons as of why villians are bad guys, etc...

Most DB Fans that still like DB (including myself) and watch DBS becouse of childhood and nostalgy, but character's development is horrible, little to none backstory for villians, nor convicing reasons as if why villians are bad guys, etc...
Never really liked DBS. Character development doesn't matter to me. DB is probably not your cup of tea. To me, character development, little to no backstory, or no convincing reasons why they're evil doesn't matter to me. If I enjoyed them when they were on screen, then I consider them a good character in my eyes. Nothing really to it.

Fire Force, MHA, AoT, SAO, Anything Dragonball, like 90% of shonen, HxH, Part 1 of Naruto, Demon Slayer, God of HighSchool (Does that even classify as an anime? I'm not sure if a korean or japanese studio animated it, I know the manhwa itself is korean), One Piece, Haikyuu, OPM, I think that's about that?

Fire Force, MHA, AoT, SAO, Anything Dragonball, like 90% of shonen, HxH, Part 1 of Naruto, Demon Slayer, God of HighSchool (Does that even classify as an anime? I'm not sure if a korean or japanese studio animated it, I know the manhwa itself is korean), One Piece, Haikyuu, OPM, I think that's about that?
Since when was fire force overrated? I rarely see people saying it is amazing, rather saying "yeah it's decent"

You just not a shonen fan?

Nah if anything it's underrated
The constant fanservice is beyond annoying and repeatedly ruins any actually good scenes in the anime, and the women in general are written extremely poorly while the men feel flatter than Sakura herself. Also the annoying as "Blahakblbhahbhbhbhbh-man is here" phrase makes me want to destroy my eardrums 50 times over. I'd rather be forced to watch Boruto opening 3 over and over for the next 10 years than watch Fire Force. The animation is good tho as well as the sound design so yeah. Not fully horrible but still

Always the same dumb reasoning that anyone who actually paid attention to the series can easily debunk.

I should know. That's literally how it is for me.
Lol, the hate is insane. I've seen in Comicvine a match between Irene VS Pain, and they said that Pain can take her down 😂

This one's bold asf.

I tried watching but kinda quit. It just didn't interest me. The confusing watching manner is even worse.
The "A certain magical index" and the rest didn't interest me either in a similar way.
That mean the series isn't suited with your taste, so it's understandable

If you ever decide to get into either of the Verse
For nasuverse the og VN is the best starting place
And the fan translations for ln are the best for Toaru

Do you guys think Maou Gakuin is overrated? In my opinion no, but is very, very similar to a Isekai in some things.

Out of all currently existing shounen Demon slayer and Jojo would qualify for the big 4 shounens.

DS: despite often considered to be overrated, it is raking in cash like an apple store on a sales day and it has great animation and interesting story

Jojo: do i really have to explain why?

Back