• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overly Cautious Hero Goes About Overpowering Another God (Seiya Ryuuguuin vs Aqua)

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Well, this might be a bit interesting. So, we got Seiya Ryuuguuin, who has overpowered two gods in his own verse (Cerceus and Ristarte), against Aqua, who had a bit of a reputation for being a useless goddess despite clear showings of otherwise. Given Seiya's greatest advantage is battle was shown to be, of course, his great sense of caution, I wonder if it'll be possible for him to deal with Aqua. In any case...

1. This is Level 15 Seiya vs Volume 1 Aqua

2. Speed is Equalized

3. Seiya gets whatever preparation he feels is adequate.

Here are their profiles:

Seiya's Profile

Aqua's Profile

Who takes this?

Seiya Ryuuguuyin2
8ea95d876006668645ba45c39ef1821c
The Overly-Cautious Hero: 8 (FDrybob, TheMonsterOfTheAbyss, Ionsiolite, ChaosAyase~, Phoenks, HeadlessKramerGeoff777, Buttersamuri, Oblivion of the Endless)
Ristarte but with Blue Hair: 0

Inconclusive: 0

The "with Armor" naming of his picture only makes me think of it more.

Wait. "Seiya gets to prepare as long as he wants" (Did I word it right?)

Won't that means he's gonna prep forever till somebody told him to stop?

I faintly recall him working out on and on till Listarte dragged him off, gotta recheck that.

Diinou HotHead said:
Won't that means he's gonna prep forever till somebody told him to stop?
That actually depends. In the last episode of the anime, Seiya made preparations on the fly, buying speed seeds from a bazaar, refusing to eat any part of the feast, synthesizing dragon-slaying swords, and actually letting Leviae use Ultimate Wall to give himself an advantage. Dude even faked out an entire dragonkin village by making them think a Platinum Sword+ was the sacred sword Ignazion.

Ionliosite said:
Seiya's first match, yay.
What does the useless goddess lead with?
That is a very tough question in on itself. Aqua is faced with Seiya, who can very well throw her off with his Fake skill should Aqua make any attempt to check how powerful Seiya is (dunno if she can even do that or not, but the Scan spell that Seiya can resist is a Clairvoyance thing apparently, so there's that). I dunno how elements/attributes work in Konosuba, but Seiya would completely avoid fire-attribute attacks regardless given Aqua is a water goddess.

By the looks of things, Seiya has a very high chance of winning against Aqua unless Aqua were to make the first move by using either the Sacred Break Spell or a passive seal, but Seiya would probably move in before Aqua can do the former. With the latter, Seiya can probably get around the resulting Power Nullification with speed seeds so he can boost the speed of his regular attacks, though Aqua has stat-amp too, so she can get around that sure enough. This is quite a conundrum indeed...

Yeah, that's the part that stumps me; Seiya and Aqua both have pretty powerful win-cons against each other, and it largely depends on who makes the first move. If Seiya's Meteor hits Aqua, she's dead. If Aqua can land a Sacred Break Spell on Seiya, Seiya's screwed too.

Well. Just checked on Seiya's list of resistances in the very beginning and during his battle with Chaos Machina. Seiya's actually resistant to water. Looks like Aqua's water moves will be less effective on him.

Ionliosite said:
Diinou HotHead said:
Literally me when I read Seiya's name for the first time.
Actually,..... ryuuguuin seiya DOES fights off against hades in volume 3 of web novel...

https://kakuyomu.jp/works/1177354054881165840/episodes/1177354054886093452

https://kakuyomu.jp/works/1177354054881165840

ÒüôÒü«ÕïçÞÇàÒüîõ┐║TUEEEÒüÅÒüøÒü½µàÄÚçìÒüÖÒüÄÒéï (This hero is too cautious for MEEE)

ÒÇî……ÒüíÒüôÒüåÕ»äÒéîÒÇì

ÒÇÇÕ░æÒüùÚ½ÿÚƒ│Òü¬ÒüîÒéëÒééÞà╣Òü«Õ║òÒü½Úƒ┐ÒüÅÕú░ÒüáÒüúÒüƒÒÇéÒéªÒâÄÒâØÒâ½Òé┐Òü½þÂÜÒüäÒüªÒÇüÒüèÒüØÒéïÒüèÒüØÒéﵡ®ÒéÆÚÇ▓ÒéüÒéïÒÇé

ÒÇîµ£òÒüíÒéôÒüîÕåÑþÄïÒâÅÒâåÒéúÒé¿Òé╣ÒÇéõ©ûþòîÒéÆÕéìÞª│ÒüÖÒéïÞÇàÒüºÒüéÒéïÒÇì

ÒÇÇÞ┐æõ╗ÿÒüäÒüªÒü┐ÒüªÕêåÒüïÒüúÒüƒÒü«ÒüáÒüîÒÇüÒüÖÒüáÒéîÒü«õ╗ÿÒüäÒüƒÕåáÒéÆÞó½ÒéïÕåÑþÄïÒâÅÒâåÒéúÒé¿Òé╣Òü«ÚíöÒü»ÒÇüÒüèÒüùÒéìÒüäÒüºÒééÕíùÒüúÒüƒÒéêÒüåÒü½þ£ƒÒüúþÖ¢ÒüáÒüúÒüƒÒÇéþºüÒü¿Òé╗Òâ½Òé╗ÒéªÒé╣ÒéÆõ║ñõ║ÆÒü½ÞªïÒüªÒÇüµ║ÇÞÂ│ÒüØÒüåÒü½ÚáÀÒüÅÒÇé

ÒÇîÒéêÒüÅÒü×µØÑÒüƒÒÇéµ╗àÒü│ÒüùþÑ×þòîÒü«þöƒÒü쵫ïÒéèÒÇüµ▓╗þÖÆÒü«ÕÑ│þÑ×Òâ¬Òé╣Òé┐Òâ½ÒâåÒü¿ÕëúþÑ×Òé╗Òâ½Òé╗ÒéªÒé╣ÒéêÒÇì

ÒÇÇ――ÒüêÒüú´╝ü´╝üÒÇÇÒü╗ÒÇüµ╗àÒü│……ÒüäÒÇüõ╗èÒü¬ÒéôÒüª´╝ü´╝ƒ

"... Take a stop"

ÒÇÇIt was a voice that resonated at the bottom of the belly even though it was a little high. Following Unoporta, proceed slowly.

"µ£òChinThere is Hades. A person who looks at the world. "

ÒÇÇAs I approached, I found out that the face of Hades, who wears a crown with a blind, was white as if painted. I looked at me and Celseus alternately and greeted with satisfaction.

"I've come all the way. Surviving the destroyed gods, healing goddess Listalte and sword god Celseus."

ÒÇÇ--eh! ! Wow, it's destroyed ... ?

ÕåÑþÄïÒâÅÒâåÒéúÒé¿Òé╣Òü«µö¥ÒüúÒüƒÞíصÆâþÜäÒü¬Þ¿ÇÞæëÒü½ÒÇüþºüÒü»ÕŽÒüÂÒéêÒüåÒü½ÒüùÒüªÕ░ïÒü¡ÒéïÒÇé

ÒÇîÒüùÒÇüÒüùÒÇüþÑ×þòîÒüîµ╗àÒéôÒüáÒüúÒüªÒÇüÒü®ÒüåÒüäÒüåÒüôÒü¿ÒüºÒüÖÒüïÒüú´╝ü´╝ƒÒÇì

ÒÇîÕëÁÚÇáþÑ×Òü½ÒééÕî╣µòÁÒüÖÒéïÕçäÒü¥ÒüÿÒüäµÜ┤ÞÖÉÒü«ÕèøÒü½ÒéêÒüúÒüªÒÇüõ©ëÕìâõ©ûþòîÒü»Õà¿Òüªµ¡¬ÒéüÒéëÒéîÒüƒÒü«ÒüºÒüéÒéïÒÇéÒüØÒüùÒüªÒüØÒü«þêåÕ┐âÕ£░Òü¿Òü¬ÒüúÒüƒþÑ×þòîÒü»ÒÇüþÑ×ÒÇàÒééÒéìÒü¿ÒééµÂêÒüêÒüƒÒü«ÒüºÒüéÒéïÒÇì

ÒÇÇ――ÒüØÒÇüÒüØÒéôÒü¬……´╝ü´╝ü

ÒÇîþäíÞ½ûÒÇüÕåÑþòîÒü½ÒééÕñÜÕ░æÒü«õ¢Öµ│óÒü»ÒüéÒüúÒüƒÒÇéþÑ×þòîÒü¿ÕåÑþòîÒÇüõ║ÆÒüäÒü«þ®║ÚûôÒüîµì╗ÒéîÒüƒµòàÒÇüµ£¼µØÑÒü¬ÒéëþÁÂÕ»¥õ¥ÁÕàÑõ©ìÕÅ»Þâ¢Òü«ÕåÑþòîÒü½ÒÇüÒüØÒüíÚüöÒüîÞÂ│ÒéÆÞ©ÅÒü┐ÕàÑÒéîÒüªÒüèÒéïÒü«ÒüºÒüéÒéïÒÇì

ÒÇÇ

ÒÇÇÕåÑþòîÒü«þÄïÒü»ÒÇüÒéñÒéÀÒé╣Òé┐Òâ╝µºÿÒü«ÒéêÒüåÒü½ÕìâÚçîþ£╝ÒéƵîüÒüúÒüªÒüäÒéïÒü«ÒüáÒéìÒüåÒüïÒÇéÒü¥ÒéïÒüºÕà¿ÒüªÒéÆÞªïÚÇÜÒüùÒüªÒüäÒéïÒüïÒü«ÒéêÒüåÒü½µÀÇÒü┐Òü¬ÒüÅÞ¬×ÒüúÒüƒÒÇéµäòþäÂÒü¿ÒüÖÒéïþºüÒü«ÚÜúÒüºÒé╗Òâ½Òé╗ÒéªÒé╣ÒüîÕ£░ÕøúÚºäÒéÆÞ©ÅÒéÇÒÇé

ÒÇîÒé»Òé¢Òââ´╝ü´╝üÒÇÇÒüÿÒéâÒüéÒÇüÒé½ÒâòÒéºÒâ╗ÒâëÒâ╗Òé╗Òâ½Òé╗ÒéªÒé╣Òééµ¢░ÒéîÒüíÒü¥ÒüúÒüƒÒü«ÒüïÒéê´╝ü´╝üÒÇì

ÒÇîÒâÉÒé½´╝ü´╝üÒÇÇÒüØÒéôÒü¬ÒüôÒü¿ÒéêÒéèÒÇüÒéóÒâ¬ÒéóÒü½ÒéñÒéÀÒé╣Òé┐Òâ╝µºÿÒü½ÒéóÒâçÒâìÒ⮵ºÿ……Òü┐ÒéôÒü¬Òü┐ÒéôÒü¬µÂêÒüêÒüíÒéâÒüúÒüƒÒü«Òéê´╝ü´╝üÒÇì

ÒÇîÒüØÒÇüÒüØÒüåÒüï……ÒüØÒüåÒüáÒéêÒü¬ÒÇéÒüåÒüåÒüåÒüú……ÒüôÒéîÒüïÒéëÒü®ÒüåÒüùÒéêÒüå……´╝üÒÇì

I cry out to the shocking words of Hades.

"And what does it mean when the gods are destroyed?"

"Three worlds have been distorted by the power of violent rivalry to the god of creation. And the god world that became the epicenter has disappeared with the gods."

ÒÇÇ--That's right ...! !

"Of course, there was some aftermath in the underworld. Because the space between the gods and the underworlds was twisted, they were stepping into the underworld that would otherwise be inaccessible."

ÒÇÇ

ÒÇÇDoes the king of the underworld have a thousand eyes like Isister-sama? He spoke without hesitation as if he was looking at everything. Celseus steps on the ground next to me.

"Oh shit! Well then, Café de Cerceus has collapsed too!"

"Bool! That 's why, Aria and Ishistar 's, Adénella 's… Everyone disappeared !!"

"That's right ... Yeah ... Uh ... what should I do now!"

ÒÇÇSeiya put her hand on Celseus's shoulder, which was depressed by holding his head.

This is the original webnovel BTW

What does water resistance even mean, considering most examples of water attacks in media is just using water to deal blunt force trauma or cutting attacks?

Voting for Seiya. Aqua's arch priest abilities are not anywhere near as powerful when she's not fighting undead, demons, or other evil creatures. Add in Seiya's prep time and his resistance to water, and his victory is almost completely assured.

Seiya

ooo he has a 7-A key...

Time to make some opm matches :D

welll i still managed to make an 8-A match with a opm character so its fine :D

Back