• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord: GIGAchad rework(Gazef Stronoff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
It's about ******* time I got around to revising my favorite minor/side character in all of fiction!

Profiles​

New profile
Old profile

Changes​

• Better justifications for PnA
  • Multiple removed unproven resistances
  • Tabbers
  • References
  • Bolding
  • Too many references
  • A long ass quote
  • MUCH better AP section
  • A speed section that definitely isn't going to be the cause of numerous headaches
  • LS upgrade
  • WAY too many references
  • Far better stamina section
  • Much better Intelligence section
  • Vastly improved Weakness section

Yo this looks much more clean. Massive W for revising Gazef

Bro is one of the more interesting characters

Your quote is like, WAY too long. I'm saying this as someone who loves to put big (and multiple) quotes into pages. It's absurd.

Anyways. I ought to inform you that I've not read the manga nor have I seen past... Season 4, I think, of the anime.

To my knowledge, we do not consider deflecting attacks to be Attack Reflection, and I don't think I'd list Guardian Armor as probability either. Maybe just Damage Reduction?

Now: you've listed Razor Edge as Low 7-C, and also given it powers because the verse seems to acknowledge it can harm creatures of a much higher tier than it. Wouldn't this, then, invalidate Low 7-C, as the only justification for it being on that level is that it can harm creatures of a much higher tier than it? I'm not sure I understand why you've included both.

Everything else looks basically fine.

Your quote is like, WAY too long. I'm saying this as someone who loves to put big (and multiple) quotes into pages. It's absurd.
TBF I didn't even know another good quote for him, and I don't know where to cut it off, I referenced the quote so you can find it from the drive below
Anyways. I ought to inform you that I've not read the manga nor have I seen past... Season 4, I think, of the anime.
Manga is not Canon for the profile(as it takes... liberties.), it's the Light Novel that's Canon. And the anime misses details, though it's generally good for a secondary source
To my knowledge, we do not consider deflecting attacks to be Attack Reflection, and I don't think I'd list Guardian Armor as probability either. Maybe just Damage Reduction?
Yeah it's very unspecific "The Guardian Armor, crafted of the hardest metal known to man (adamantite), and enchanted with magic that deflected lethal blows." Is all we got for it, so I didn't know WTF to do with it
Now: you've listed Razor Edge as Low 7-C, and also given it powers because the verse seems to acknowledge it can harm creatures of a much higher tier than it. Wouldn't this, then, invalidate Low 7-C, as the only justification for it being on that level is that it can harm creatures of a much higher tier than it? I'm not sure I understand why you've included both.
What the Light Novel acknowledges is that it can go through Ainz's Physical Nullification, aka, it goes through his power null on fodder attacks, Ainz also equates it's magical power to a simple shortsword that can't even scratch him from Yggdrasil, but he says it's possible to harm/kill him with it, since something like Durability Negation would be a massive leap in logic, I list it as AP. Considering Ainz having Low 7-C durability is all but impossible to contest.

"Ainz muttered as he suddenly produced a shortsword out of thin air. Without hesitation, he dragged the edge of the gleaming blade across his face in a forceful slice. However, it did not leave so much as a scratch.
“Weakly enchanted objects like this cannot harm this body of mine. Incidentally, this shortsword is imbued with about as much data — or rather, as much mana — as that sword you bear, Stronoff-dono. However, your sword can harm me, in clear defiance of what I know to be true. Could I request that sword after I win?""

“Well, in short, this sword is a weapon that can kill me."

Both scans are from Volume 09 pages 269-270 of the Light Novel(I should note that, while fan-translated, that is actually better-translated than the official crap, seeing as it doesnt do crap like completely misname characters for entire volumes)
Everything else looks basically fine.
Kk.
Do we really need all those references for his name?
YES.

I think Damage Reduction still works better for the armor, just explain what it actually does in parentheses after.

Under that description, both Dura Neg and Power Null are fine, I don't think we should give the sword Low 7-C.

The references for his name are completely unnecessary and honestly just look like a troll to bloat the page, alongside the needlessly/annoyingly long quote

Most things look fine at a glance, though i'm not a fan of the lack of literally any scan and instead using only refs, but whatever. However, I have a problem with the SoL rating:
So it should have been impossible for him to use [Sixfold Slash of Light], a much more focus-intensive art than [Fourfold Slash of Light], with his other
martial arts.
There was only one reason why he could despite all of that.
The Brain Unglaus who stood there had already surpassed Gazef Stronoff — he had entered the realm of heroes.
All of this culminated in Brain’s new technique — [True Nail Clipper].
[...]
Cocytus entered—
Into Brain’s range—
The God-Slaying Emperor Blade in jōdan—
Brain pulled out his own katana to receive the attack from Cocytus’ ōdachi—
And then—
—the sound of blood and flesh being rended could be heard.
After swinging the God-Slaying Emperor Blade, Cocytus shook off the blood and fat from the katana and returned it to its space. He pulled his halberd from the ground and looked down at the corpse of the man he had just slain.
He is — was a fine warrior.
Cocytus was unscathed, the blade did not manage to reach him, yet his skills as a warrior was commendable.
Here Cocytus kills Brain before his sword reaches, with Brain notably even pulling out his sword and wasn't just killed while it was still in the sheathe. If Sixfold Slash of Light was actually SoL, then realistically Brain pulling out his sword at all to attack should have meant it at least hit Cocytus. This combined with the fact the SoL statement is mentioned one singular time and then never again, imo, means that rating should be removed entirely, or at best relegated to a "Possibly"

Also, the PnA mentions Rigrit's Ring, but that is not present in his equipment anywhere, so I assume you just missed that. It should be added in Optional Equipment, as not only did he give it away, but he never used it even when he was literally about to die against Slane, implying it might not always be on his person.

You also missed his resistance to mind control:
A flustered and panting Gazef lashed his mount’s flanks, but the horse remained still, as though someone more important than its rider was giving it orders.
This strange phenomenon could only mean one thing.
Mind-controlling magic.
The horse had been affected by such a spell. Gazef might have been able to fight off its effects, but the affected party was not a magical beast, but a mere warhorse, so resistance was not to be expected.

The references for his name are completely unnecessary and honestly just look like a troll to bloat the page, alongside the needlessly/annoyingly long quote
TBH, that was kind of an experiment, safe to say I won't be going this far again
Most things look fine at a glance, though i'm not a fan of the lack of literally any scan and instead using only refs, but whatever.
I find scans a pain in my ass, I'm willing to do a lot, but scanning every little thing similar to how I reference em? Nah.
However, I have a problem with the SoL rating:

Here Cocytus kills Brain before his sword reaches, with Brain notably even pulling out his sword and wasn't just killed while it was still in the sheathe. If Sixfold Slash of Light was actually SoL, then realistically Brain pulling out his sword at all to attack should have meant it at least hit Cocytus. This combined with the fact the SoL statement is mentioned one singular time and then never again, imo, means that rating should be removed entirely, or at best relegated to a "Possibly"
Possibly is fine by me, your argument makes sense
Also, the PnA mentions Rigrit's Ring, but that is not present in his equipment anywhere, so I assume you just missed that. It should be added in Optional Equipment, as not only did he give it away, but he never used it even when he was literally about to die against Slane, implying it might not always be on his person.
Yeah I entirely forgot to put it in Optional Equipment, thanks for the reminder
You also missed his resistance to mind control:
Thank you! Dear God I couldn't find that damn thing anywhere!

But uh, what Volume and page is that from?

Volume 1, for me it's 208 but idk if certain e-readers can change up the page numbers, which is another part i find eh about your refs, but whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back