• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.VIII

The pen or the sword said:
Planet level dura feels really worthless to me, overlord is all about hax, Id rather see more of their hax and hax resistance rather then focusing on ap/dura. Especially when it comes to ainz, heck throw him to tier 10 c and most of his matches are fine to stay as all of them are based on him haxing.
that's one of my fav parts about Ainz ngl. It amuses me so much

Anything short of him getting massively upgraded in AP will still allow 90% of his matches to be valid. At least his wins, anyway

but yea, speaking of hax in regards to WCI. Like, does Overlord make a distinction between say, regular sealing, maybe just a single person, and sealing a world? Afaik, we would just count that as a range feat for the sealing, not a potency one. Yet WCI's have the "power of a world", so it seems to be something with potency/strength

of course when the author himself says he won't bother to explain things since "It doesn't matter if you don't understand", I have no confidence anything will be explained in a satisfying way.

As much as i love his work, man that's kind of a dick move

Story will probably end with him looking at the stars again, this with everyone. Someone will make a wish to change the starry sky and Maruyama will make it happen.

He saw a buff on his status screen. It was the same as that time when they had once obtained a World-Class Item, but then lost it.
That was — WORLD. It implied an entire world, and the ultimate protection it bestowed.

maruyama pls this doesn't explain anything

as much as i want Ainz to have planetary mind resist from this, it's too vague to mean anything

what might be more impressive is the fact i think it can take a raid boss's HP down by like 50-75% or something

Apeironaxim said:
also, should Ainz have "7-B with magic, higher with Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown"?
going back to this, does the Staff increase his stats enough to warrant this being added? Or is it mostly just a boost for his racial abilities?

actually, isn't its own attack power pretty high?

alright, i'll put it in AP and dura then

i find it funny how Ainz buffing himself never comes into play in vs threads. He even talks about how he had to learn to "make time" to buff himself, as i'm sure most casters do

When most of his calling cards don't care too much about buffing, people honestly seem to entirely fotget that exists.

Not to mention the annoyance that we have dudu idea what those buffs do besides Body of Enffulgent Beril or whatever is called.

tbf it a good spell

also, Ainz's necromancy hardly comes up. Death Knights are particularly useful as they 1) Can't be oneshot through physical power and 2) Attract the enemy's attention to them, allowing Ainz to get off a spell or 2

immortality and various resistances make him extremely hard to permanently put down.

is there any reason for this in his dura section? I have no idea when it was added

Resistance probably means his resistance to slashes and piercing as well as the fact that he has no critical hit places

i'm noticing a pattern in the Overlord profiles. There's a lot of unwarranted "At least". Like Ainz has At least City level dura, but i don't think he's shown any dura feats to think of qualifying for an At least

my fav that i saw and deleted

was Ainz having "At least City level" with Perfect Warrior, with the reasoning being he becomes on par with Shalltear

yet Shalltear didn't have "At least City level" AP

There are probably more on their profiles, I somehow imagined that edit would have a sumarry like that. Also the [Creation] thing probably will go, I mean the actual rating itself.

I remember that freezing revision thread that probably will go through or get rejected eventually. If it does go through (much, much later), get ready for high 8-C Ainz and the gang.

Pretty sure there's a cloud moving/clearing calc that puts anyone Mare level (so basically the Guardians and Ainz) at 6-C, we just didn't use it because we wanted to wait for the new volume for feats iirc

and also cause some people aren't real keen on cloud and storm calcs

I mean Ainz's tier right now is downplay

We all know he should be 1-A for being able to use Shub-Niggurath ovo

Wasnt there someone, somewhere on the internet who said Ainz was multiversal

Unironically

Someone mentioned that before, I thought it was here. Probably somewhere else though. I mean on other sites he has ridiculous matches.

Most impressive physical attacks from the level 100s come from fighting the demon tree in the drama CD. Shalltear easily deflected a 300m long giant tentacle, and Cocytus was about to-shot the 100 meters tall demon tree with a single attack.

I was re-reading the manga other day and noticed that [Fallen Down] feat is kinda bigger there compared to the anime version.

Here:

https://i3.**********.com/overlord/13/overlord-7227451.jpg

Idk if it's just me but the explosion seems bigger than few mountains in the background.

Also the area of explosion wasn't mentioned in LN so no exact way of knowing. Still qpuld be cool if someone calculate manga version feat.

People were arguing against Fallen Down iirc, due to the LN not explicitly mentioning a crater

Anime: crater

Manga: crater

LN: page illustrations seem to show a crater, but it's hard to make out details because of various effects

Back