• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.II

Anime version wasn't bad by any means. It's juts that the battle of Katze Plains works incredibly well in LN form.

Yeah, the Ainz vs Shalltear in the LN just had more detail and some more spells that were used, but the anime version is really entertaining, especially with the solid minute of Ainz buffing himself

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
@Ape
Perhaps a sort of immunity to physical attacks that don't have those qualities, or a high resistance?
Yeah, it shouldn't matter too much, because most of who she would fight in vs threads would have some kind of magic, whether spells or a magical weapon, but I felt that passage was important enough to bring up

I was just asking him because he's pretty new to Overlord, but I don't care if anyone else shares their favorite character

Why Sebas?

He's great of course, but I wanna know your reasons

Also try not to spoil anything too far past the Lizardmen part if it's in your reasons, as Dragon just got past it

Unless Dragon doesn't care about spoilers

Well, he's a strong butler, so there's that cool factor. He's also a dragon. I like how he has a sense of justice and doesn't completely hate all humans. Touch Me is cool but Sebas has more screen time.

edited out that potential spoiler

I am halfway into the 2nd season of the anime.

He's a dragonoid, which presumably means a humanoid dragon. He also possesses a dragon transformation that is said to be comparable to the most powerful floor guardians like Shalltear and Mare despite Sebas's complete lack of Divine-class equipment.

As for my favorite character, it has to be Pandora's Actor. He's the only one who actually understands Ainz, and I wish that Ainz would realize this and spend more time with him. He's the only one who actually sees through Ainz and is willing to question his ideas, and even then he's still the most loyal guardian to Ainz.

I don't recall his true form being comparable to Shalltear, but I do know it's superior to Cocytus and Albedo

Well, If he's superior to those two, then that is already comparable to Mare and Shalltear, though he would probably still lose to Shalltear due to her draining lance. The gap between them in power is pretty small. What determines their ranking is their abilities. (For example, Shalltear is the best at 1v1 combat, and Mare is the best at AoE magic).

Shalltear is less the best at 1v1 combat, and more the most frustrating to kill without any loses. She has a metric ton of resistances to nearly everything, skills to mitigate damage immensely and survive even more, magic means to heal herself and even a goddamn spear that heals her as she damages you.

On the other side, she has the equipment and spells and special skills to hurt you. Perhaps not hurt you as much as the other Guardians, I don't doubt Cocytus beats her in pure DPS and Sebas quite possibly in Dragonoid form, but those two are still much easier to kill. So she's a damn cockroach, and can still deal respectable damage at worst and put a dent on you at best. You don't have a lot of options to deal effective damage and any sort of minions or companions not sufficiently strong are just big sacks of juicy health for her to spear on and recover.

Shalltear is not powerful in the overwhelming sense, though she can be overwhelming, she's a goddamn hydra. And unlike Hercules, she'd probably snicker at you trying to close the stump with fire, if you could even manage a stump.

We have a wall of text for Ainz, why can't Maruyama just show us what the Guardians can do?

We pretty much only have the basics right now (except for Shalltear), like being a close ranged fighter or an AOE caster

I'm super interested in what Mare can possibly do

I feel I might have explained that before, but eh. Admittedly I am also curious as well. This is part of the pains that come with overpowering characters. There's not much to show because there's hardly anything they need.

Yobobojojo said:
I'm particularly interested in what Sebastian and Albedo can do.
Considering Albedo has the ability to tank Super Tier magic without damage, who else knows what she can do

Maruyama doesn't really go into much detail about fighting abilities for most characters because the series is more about character interactions than fighting. It would only serve to pad out the story even more than it already is. The wall of text from Ainz's page is there because he has a ton of abilities, and we see his abilities the most.

Not to mention a lot of explanations are Ainz's reminiscing about stuff related to the present situation or stuff that he was already talking about before. It's not just an usual Isekai "I leveled up and got all of these cool abilities! Let's go in depth even if I won't use most of these almost all the time" explanation.

The reasoning for the Touma match was that Ainz would just let Touma touch him without even trying anything.

Back