• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overhaul VS The Thing (John Carpenter)

This may seem like a stomp but this might actually be a closer match then you might think:

The thing assimilated 100 people and Kai knows about it's assimilation but it suprise attacks him.

Takes place in a corridor, 10 feet from each other. The Thing is blood lusted. Speed equalized.

I dunno if this makes it a stomp or not, but as soon as the first Thing is disintegrated on the molecular level, I'm pretty sure the rest can easily avoid Kai's hands. 100 things might be a bit much.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
I dunno if this makes it a stomp or not, but as soon as the first Thing is disintegrated on the molecular level, I'm pretty sure the rest can easily avoid Kai's hands. 100 things might be a bit much.
If I made this speed unequalized would it be better?

kai can oneshot, with speed unequal kai blitzes, kai has far better range and can kill the thing with relative ease. im like 90% certain kai stomps.

Bob8999 said:
kai can oneshot, with speed unequal kai blitzes, kai has far better range and can kill the thing with relative ease. im like 90% certain kai stomps.
So I guess speed equalized is better....

Bob8999 said:
Both characters functionally one-shot here and one of them is vastly out numbered.

even if the thing tries to assimilate kai, kai can just break himself apart and put himself back together without the infected/assimilated bits.

i mean if it came close enough he'd just blow it apart and put together without impurities like he does to basically anything/anyone that comes within range (besides people/things he needs.).

he can touch the ground and trap or stab them all, they wont stay trapped or stabbed but he can slow them down and can deal with them in small groups + op say he knows about their assimilation so he would probably know whether or not its happening.

i mean he could make a seemless box, he has matter manip at the molecular level, thats not out of the question.

hows it beside the point? you said: "Unless it's a seem less box it ain't slowing down the thing." so i said: "i mean he could make a seem less box, he has matter manip at the molecular level, thats not out of the question." so i ask again: hows it beside the point? and as for how much he info kai has the op says: "Kai knows about it's assimilation" soooo... everything?

It's besides the point because Kai likely wouldn't think he'd need something like that untill it's too late.

Even if he does have full knowledge on the Thing's assimilation I still think he'd be overwhelmed. Can he reconstruct his entire body without killing himself?

i think he probably would. and its kinda what he did against mirio. (albeit against mirio he just sealed the exits, but still...)

he has a pretty large AOE overwhelming him with numbers wouldnt be easy, and yes, yes he can.

So then,

• Total body reconstruction negates assimilation
  • Deconstruction bypasses the things Regen
  • Complete knowledge means he can't really be caught off guard
Not really seeing a wincon for the Thing actually.

Back