• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overgeared Resurrection: Overgeared Discussion and Feat Compilation Thread.

They can be tier 2 or tier 3, during the fight of the apostles and zeratul and his gods. They used literal constellations to fight, which would be 3-C.
Also rebecca has created and destroyed the universe over and over again, and the gods and dragons always survive, which would be tier 2 or 3-A.
Do mental worlds also count for anything? They are all at least infinite and they can be made physical right? Beriache almost colapsed Grid's Sanctuary of Metal, an infinite valley of infinite durability metal. Or did I get this wrong?

I asked a friend (I don't know his VSBW name) for a quick calc on potential size of Satisfy's planet using the 2 continents that would both individually be bigger than earth and using some assumptions such as land and sea ratios of earth and he got 54,572,657,444,016 km cubic which is 54x bigger than earth. Not like an official calc but this could give some ideas or get someone interested enough to do a calc.

I asked a friend (I don't know his VSBW name) for a quick calc on potential size of Satisfy's planet using the 2 continents that would both individually be bigger than earth and using some assumptions such as land and sea ratios of earth and he got 54,572,657,444,016 km cubic which is 54x bigger than earth. Not like an official calc but this could give some ideas or get someone interested enough to do a calc.
Nice.
Do mental worlds also count for anything? They are all at least infinite and they can be made physical right? Beriache almost colapsed Grid's Sanctuary of Metal, an infinite valley of infinite durability metal. Or did I get this wrong?
Just infinite stamina or infinite dura i think.

Mental worlds will not count at least from what I remember off hand, maybe there are somethings that can make then quantifiable when I read it again, but that will be when I want to start creating the profiles

Mental worlds will not count at least from what I remember off hand, maybe there are somethings that can make then quantifiable when I read it again, but that will be when I want to start creating the profiles
Does having an infinite size mental world means anything in relation to mind related hax resistance?

All sword dances will have the nothingness attribute. It will always exert full power over all other attributes and can cut at any concept or phenomenon. However, there is no compatibility advantage.
Should we take this as flowery language or not?

Should we take this as flowery language or not?
Until proven otherwise it should be cut concept its absurd for Grid considering everything he was unable to cut so far, i can let it go for hayate because he actually has feats of cutting fate and a mental world but Grid has nothing of that sort

Until proven otherwise it should be cut concept its absurd for Grid considering everything he was unable to cut so far, i can let it go for hayate because he actually has feats of cutting fate and a mental world but Grid has nothing of that sort
I'm gonna be honest. It seems like you have some sort of preconceived notions on how things should be. You can't just dismiss something because it sounds absurd when the scan is so far from hyperbole or flowery and is an extremely direct example of CM.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be honest. It seems like you have some sort of preconceived notions on how things should be. You can't just dismiss something because it sounds absurd, when the scan is so far from hyperbole or flowery and is an extremely direct example of CM.
No, im saying all of this because this needs a proper scaling and the author is full of hyperboles and flowery language all around from the start of overgeared. To tell the truth the author seems like one of those kids that when he learns a word that he likes he starts using it everywhere.
Grid is far from the level of Hayate who is the sword saint which is known for cut concepts, Grid shouldnt be on pair with hayate nor have the same power over that statement that happened before he even becomes an absolute. That goes against the very concept of the sword saint of being the only ones to be able to cut concepts.

No, im saying all of this because this needs a proper scaling and the author is full of hyperboles and flowery language all around from the start of overgeared. To tell the truth the author seems like one of those kids that when he learns a word that he likes he starts using it everywhere.
Grid is far from the level of Hayate who is the sword saint which is known for cut concepts, Grid shouldnt be on pair with hayate nor have the same power over that statement that happened before he even becomes an absolute. That goes against the very concept of the sword saint of being the only ones to be able to cut concepts.
Hayate is a Dragon Slayer.... None of this seems to debunk anything about the CM. I admit author uses a lot of hyperbole and flowery language but it's easy to tell in context. While the CM scan is 100% literal. You have to prove it's hyperbole, but the context seems to suggest otherwise when it's the literal game explaining the ability.

Also for the point of sword saint which is known to cut concepts.

Chapter 1577
[Conditional Sword Saint]
[Passive
There is nothing you can't cut while using Overgeared God's Sword Dance.]
Literally in the same chapter where it says it can cut concepts.

This is an editable blog, now i have listed names of al characters that we can give a page too, note, that not all of them will eventually get a page. If there is someone I miss please let me know.
For each of the section, is a character, when you are reading and find a feat of a character, be it AP or hax or speed, please add the feat underneath it and also the quote and the chapter number,
if you cannot copy and paste the feat in question you can always screenshot it and upload it too but please add the chapter number, Thank you

Hayate is a Dragon Slayer.... None of this seems to debunk anything about the CM. I admit author uses a lot of hyperbole and flowery language but it's easy to tell in context. While the CM scan is 100% literal. You have to prove it's hyperbole, but the context seems to suggest otherwise when it's the literal game explaining the ability.
Dragon slayer only amps him.
Dont go that way the descriptions of the abilities are even more flowery than most things.
Also for the point of sword saint which is known to cut concepts.

Chapter 1577

Literally in the same chapter where it says it can cut concepts.
And while in a much stronger version it was shown that he cant cut concepts heck he literally had to make moonfall because he was unable to cut all things a sword that he still uses.
In the last chapter the author just started to say that all kinds of energy are concept going by that then whoever cuts mana which is basically everyone gets concept manipulation and can cut concepts
Intent—it was a concept Grid first encountered through the yangban Garam. More precisely, Garam gave him a vague understanding. Concepts like energy, mana control, the mental world were too abstract and difficult for him to understand until he experienced Formless Will. He still didn’t have an understanding of this aspect.

Grid saw intent as one of the concepts that blurred the line between Satisfy and reality. The fact that the system would look at the player’s intent and produce physical results was a transcendent phenomenon in itself. For example, the Sanctuary of Metal. The system had built a mental world that reflected not only the path that Grid walked, but also his subconscious.

It was truly omnipotent.
The author went crazy calling everything concept and apparently concepts work differently.

Dragon slayer only amps him.
Please prove Hayate is a sword saint.
Dont go that way the descriptions of the abilities are even more flowery than most things.
I'm inclined to believe it when it is giving a down to earth explanation which is then narratively supported by Grid's Conditional Sword Saint which in the same chapter it can "cut anything" and Sword Saints being able to cut concepts. The prose of it is not flowery or poetic and you are using that word wrong.
And while in a much stronger version it was shown that he cant cut concepts heck he literally had to make moonfall because he was unable to cut all things a sword that he still uses.
Are you talking about the chapter with the hell moon? He couldn't cut it because it was a literal projection where the actual object was not in sight or range. He was still cutting what was projected onto it. Ignore this I forgot about that sword. To readress this. This happens in a earlier chapter. Chapter 1416
In the last chapter the author just started to say that all kinds of energy are concept going by that then whoever cuts mana which is basically everyone gets concept manipulation and can cut concepts

The author went crazy calling everything concept and apparently concepts work differently.
So? How does conceptual manipulation being a common ability within a verse debunk anything? Unless it's the case where mana or other energies are concepts but the actual applications of them are not conceptual. Not all that uncommon in fiction.

Concepts work on a case by case basis.

Please prove Hayate is a sword saint.
What?
“It is real visualization... isn’t this the realm of a Sword Saint?”

The Dragon Killing Sword and Kraugel’s Heart Sword contained the same concept. This meant that by learning the Dragon Killing Sword, he was qualified to be a Sword Saint. Grid wasn’t happy. He felt uncomfortable. He was worried that he would take away Kraugel’s pride and self-esteem.
For someone who believes that everything is a concept there you have it.
I'm inclined to believe it when it is giving a down to earth explanation which is then narratively supported by Grid's Conditional Sword Saint which in the same chapter it can "cut anything" and Sword Saints being able to cut concepts. The prose of it is not flowery or poetic and you are using that word wrong.
Again its inconsistent to begin with not even kraugel who is an actual sword saint is able to cut concepts yet and an "half sword saint" should?
Are you talking about the chapter with the hell moon? He couldn't cut it because it was a literal projection where the actual object was not in sight or range. He was still cutting what was projected onto it. Ignore this I forgot about that sword. To readress this. This happens in a earlier chapter. Chapter 1416

So? How does conceptual manipulation being a common ability within a verse debunk anything? Unless it's the case where mana or other energies are concepts but the actual applications of them are not conceptual. Not all that uncommon in fiction.
It destroyes the very ideia of what concepts should be. It is, mana is energy and that states that energy is a concept.
read your scans again, energy is a concept, mana control is also a concept, so I really do not know what you are saying here.
Also that aside, anything the author said is a concept is a concept.
Everything is a concept but just because we can use them doesnt mean we can manipulate them such as what the author keeps describing
image.png

See what i mean? the author keeps using concept as if meaning the same as "meaning"
image.png

Now a dimention is a concept
He had forgotten for a moment. He lived fiercely every day and started his day earlier than others. His concept of time was distorted. Grid was coughing with embarrassment when Lauel joined him. As prime minister, he also planned to attend today’s graduation ceremony. “Aren’t you over-meticulous?”
The author uses concept so much that there is no way to know what he actually means

What?

For someone who believes that everything is a concept there you have it.

Again its inconsistent to begin with not even kraugel who is an actual sword saint is able to cut concepts yet and an "half sword saint" should?

It destroyes the very ideia of what concepts should be. It is, mana is energy and that states that energy is a concept.

Everything is a concept but just because we can use them doesnt mean we can manipulate them such as what the author keeps describing
image.png

See what i mean? the author keeps using concept as if meaning the same as "meaning"
image.png

The author uses concept so much that there is no way to know what he actually mean
This is referring to concept as a mental idea. Not as an actual concept that qualifies for CM. You should be able to easily tell whether the use of concept is nominal or a sort of abstract existence. Also for the sword saint part it is a QUALIFICATION not actually making one a sword saint.

Your problem here is not reading to context
image.png

concepts do not only mean abstract things
Concepts can mean idea, notions, inventions e.t.c. So in this context it means "idea"
The concept of something means the idea of something
image.png

please you need to read things to context and stop acting like you cannot differentiate these things
Orange and Tangerines are of the same concepts.
Does this mean orange and tangerines are concepts? no but rather they are made up of the same thing
that is the context here
The author uses concept so much that there is no way to know what he actually means
Again Context here
meaning he lost time. "I lost the concept of time while waiting for you"

Anyway the point is Context is king, so please read the context.

This is referring to concept as a mental idea. Not as an actual concept that qualifies for CM. You should be able to easily tell whether the use of concept is nominal or a sort of abstract existence. Also for the sword saint part it is a QUALIFICATION not actually making one a sword saint.
But does the author knows the difference? Like i said he keeps using it and its completely inconsistent Grid is able to cut concepts but he has an hard time against a bunch of people. Heck he even starts saying things like sword attacks have concepts in it. Swords with concept manipulation great.

But does the author knows the difference? Like i said he keeps using it and its completely inconsistent Grid is able to cut concepts but he has an hard time against a bunch of people. Heck he even starts saying things like sword attacks have concepts in it. Swords with concept manipulation great.
These things are case by case basis, we take the case and check the contexts then we will see.
All that matters is the context

This is an editable blog, now i have listed names of al characters that we can give a page too, note, that not all of them will eventually get a page. If there is someone I miss please let me know.
For each of the section, is a character, when you are reading and find a feat of a character, be it AP or hax or speed, please add the feat underneath it and also the quote and the chapter number,
if you cannot copy and paste the feat in question you can always screenshot it and upload it too but please add the chapter number, Thank you
That said we can argue about the concepts later, time to work on this blog.
Also we can use the webnovel, I plan on reading the light novel from the start, starting next month. anyone who is free can do the same

Knowledge that transcends the concept of eras has changed the imprint. The passenger's intelligence level is linked to Raiders.
It wasn't an item worn by players but was an item with the concept of boarding.
“The concept of death doesn’t work with you, but this doesn’t mean you won’t receive any damage. You are going to die,” the grandmaster uttered blankly before pulling out a white mirror and untying the band covering both eyes of the evil eyes' king.

Your problem here is not reading to context

concepts do not only mean abstract things
Concepts can mean idea, notions, inventions e.t.c. So in this context it means "idea"
The concept of something means the idea of something

please you need to read things to context and stop acting like you cannot differentiate these things
Orange and Tangerines are of the same concepts.
Does this mean orange and tangerines are concepts? no but rather they are made up of the same thing
that is the context here

Again Context here
meaning he lost time. "I lost the concept of time while waiting for you"

Anyway the point is Context is king, so please read the context.
These things are case by case basis, we take the case and check the contexts then we will see.
All that matters is the context

Coveniently ignoring CONTEXT
Not ignoring context im proving the point that the author uses concept in a way that isnt consistent with what its needed for CM. You want to bring CM based on a statement about him supposedly being able to cut concepts with nothing to support that but those claims when its clear the author doesnt use concept with the meaning you need to have CM. Heck earlier you wanted to give plot manipulation because the system classifies Grid as a miracle maybe you want to give Grid tier 1 for being able to make morpheus shows feelings.

Not ignoring context im proving the point that the author uses concept in a way that isnt consistent with what its needed for CM. You want to bring CM based on a statement about him supposedly being able to cut concepts with nothing to support that but those claims when its clear the author doesnt use concept with the meaning you need to have CM. Heck earlier you wanted to give plot manipulation because the system classifies Grid as a miracle maybe you want to give Grid tier 1 for being able to make morpheus shows feelings.
actually Grid being classified as a miracle and the feat he shows means he has fate manipulation and resistance to it.
And for the plot point. Literally contexts matter.
Or will you say Dragon words do not have concept manipulation because the author used concepts to refer to an idea previously? this arguments are lacking tbh, so if you are going to keep ignoring contexts, I do not know what to say other than we should dead this and make the pages

When did I say anything about plot manipulation lmfao.

actually Grid being classified as a miracle and the feat he shows means he has fate manipulation and resistance to it.
And for the plot point. Literally contexts matter.
Or will you say Dragon words do not have concept manipulation because the author used concepts to refer to an idea previously? this arguments are lacking tbh, so if you are going to keep ignoring contexts, I do not know what to say other than we should dead this and make the pages
Now who is losing the context? Grid has no fate manipulation because he doesnt have a fate morpheus didnt made Grid's fate he made predictions at best you can give him supernatural luck.
Dragon words are not related to concept manipulation, its reality manipulation dragon word doesnt change the concepts.
When did I say anything about plot manipulation lmfao.
Dont know if it was you or someone else but someone did try to claim plot manipulation over Grid surpassing morpheus predictions

Dont know if it was you or someone else but someone did try to claim plot manipulation over Grid surpassing morpheus predictions
I wouldn't argue that. Seems kinda like a grey area argument if you consider that they are literally players in a game with Morpheus just being an A.I. not necessarily a figure in the story of Satisfy.

I wouldn't argue that. Seems kinda like a grey area argument if you consider that they are literally players in a game with Morpheus just being an A.I. not necessarily a figure in the story of Satisfy.
The point is morpheus have no control over players actions nor their future so anything that argues plot manipulation or fate resistance because of morpheus is not usable.

It was me
We need to look this from the character the players use perspective. Altough for Shin Youngwoo Morpheus is just an A.I. for Grid it's the story author. Like how in satisfy Grid doesn't age becausse the in satisfy story reason is a blessing from a God for Shin Youngwoo is because the character age is dependante on the user's age, or how the players characters revive because of god's blessing but for Shin Youngwoo is just a revive system. We can't treat parts of this as game and others as reality.

It was me

We need to look this from the character the players use perspective. Altough for Shin Youngwoo Morpheus is just an A.I. for Grid it's the story author. Like how in satisfy Grid doesn't age becausse the in satisfy story reason is a blessing from a God for Shin Youngwoo is because the character age is dependante on the user's age, or how the players characters revive because of god's blessing but for Shin Youngwoo is just a revive system. We can't treat parts of this as game and others as reality.
But was it established as a story point within Satisfy (not Overgeared as a whole) that these greater driving forces have no influence on the players as characters. It seems more like Acausality or resistance to Fate manipulation if so too. Morpheus would need to be an established character in the story of Satisfy (not Overgeared).

It was me

We need to if this was a comparation then Shin would be a higher dimensional being that cannot be manipulated by the lower dimencional being called Morpheus, Grid is an Avatar of Shin so morpheus has no authority over a being with higher dimensionality.
Adding fate manipulation is assuming that morpheus can manipulate Shin.

Now who is losing the context? Grid has no fate manipulation because he doesnt have a fate morpheus didnt made Grid's fate he made predictions at best you can give him supernatural luck.
ah wait for my CRT you will be surprised there are so many things but to list a few, manipulating the fate of the world is what?
changing things that are supposed to happen is what?
something that was supposed to happen a 100 years later happened immediately is what again?
Do not be that guy.
Dragon words are not related to concept manipulation, its reality manipulation dragon word doesnt change the concepts.
They are tho, literally said "the concept of cutting does not apply to me" and you can no longer cut them, what is that?

Anyway this is time wasting

But was it established as a story point within Satisfy (not Overgeared as a whole) that these greater driving forces have no influence on the players as characters. It seems more like Acausality or resistance to Fate manipulation if so too. Morpheus would need to be an established character in the story of Satisfy (not Overgeared).
Morpheus is the game and narrative designer.
We need to if this was a comparation then Shin would be a higher dimensional being that cannot be manipulated by the lower dimencional being called Morpheus, Grid is an Avatar of Shin so morpheus has no authority over a being with higher dimensionality.
Adding fate manipulation is assuming that morpheus can manipulate Shin.
But when we're making this profiles we're making Grid separately from Shin Youngwoo and not like his avatar. So altough Shin Youngwoo is going against Morpheus predictions in satify is Grid going against the author of the story he's inserted into.

ah wait for my CRT you will be surprised there are so many things but to list a few, manipulating the fate of the world is what?
changing things that are supposed to happen is what?
something that was supposed to happen a 100 years later happened immediately is what again?
Do not be that guy.
Lol then i will give you an example during Civil war 2 ullysses had the ability to see the future showed Captain Marvel and a bunch of others get fate manipulation and resistance because they changed those predictions? Thats exacly what you are saying. Morpheus made predictions of what would happen he has no control over players fate as such he didnt made their fate so it wasnt changed.
They are tho, literally said "the concept of cutting does not apply to me" and you can no longer cut them, what is that?

Anyway this is time wasting
The Dragon Words of an old dragon—even the effects of 'Conditional Sword Saint' and Twilight were neutralized. Considering that a dragon's scales and absolute defense could be easily sliced like tofu when these two effects were combined, the power of Dragon Words was indeed unbelievable. Naturally, the Castration Eye that he used with the feeling of grasping at straws when doing the sword dance didn't take effect.
So the mighty ability to cut everything cant cut everything apparently
It was just that the concept of Dragon Words was that special and powerful. It was natural. It was the power to establish providence. Of course, it wasn't omnipotent. If Dragon Words was omnipotent, then Trauka would've made himself 'invincible' with it.
And cant cut dragon word that is a concept

Back