• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overgeared Resurrection: Overgeared Discussion and Feat Compilation Thread.

Probably because there is no average nuclear explosion, since they vary greatly between 0.02Kilotons up to 50000 which can be anywhere between 8-A to Low 7-B.
Any staff member also takes a ton of time to answer
Just use use the median between those explosion value.

And no, calc staff like KLOL response to me instantly in the next day. That's not a lot of time.

Forgot to ask but I want to find feats for their regeneration but players don't even show any actual damage to their bodies just health decrease and then going back up, so there is no way to know the level of their regeneration

Not being a magician doesn't make it any less magic. Magic is not exclusive to make spells, there are many examples on fiction of characters using "magic" or "mana" to increase physical stats and stuff like that, i could use examples from Black Clover even Scarlet Witch and Wiccan use magic to amp stats. The fact that Grid's swordsmanship skills use the same source as "Magic Missiles" is just a confirmation or what we already knew that he uses magic.
In universe, what other classes do with mana doesn't really refer to magic.
Forgot to ask but I want to find feats for their regeneration but players don't even show any actual damage to their bodies just health decrease and then going back up, so there is no way to know the level of their regeneration
Minecraft Steve also doesn't show damage to his body, but you can figure out his Regeneration from the things his health can regenerate from. Ex. He gets shot in the head and then becomes fine, implying he has regenerated from a hole in his skull. Are there any instances of a player being cut or pierced in any way and being fine afterward? We can put a note that it still damages their health in Regeneration.

In universe, what other classes do with mana doesn't really refer to magic.
It's made with mana then it's magic. There is a lot of verses where the difference between Magic and energy manipulation it's the name of the energy, example Naruto it´s basically magic how they can somehow make fire out of chakra yet it's called Energy manipulation and Chi manipulation, and then you have Black clover with "mages" like Mereoleone that turns mana into fire which is magic because the source it's mana.
Minecraft Steve also doesn't show damage to his body, but you can figure out his Regeneration from the things his health can regenerate from. Ex. He gets shot in the head and then becomes fine, implying he has regenerated from a hole in his skull. Are there any instances of a player being cut or pierced in any way and being fine afterward? We can put a note that it still damages their health in Regeneration.
The thing is in Steve's case you can actually see the arrow still there even after it healed, while Overgeared until this moment in manga whenever they are hit there is no damage shown just a drop in HP.
Example
rPvNIba.png

This is what happened when negative level Grid was hit by level 200's Yura. This would easily have vaporized Grid's body but he only survived because of immortality passive, but as you can see no damage shown. There is also the problem that they constantly use potions to heal instead of natural regeneration.
We know in the novel Grid already had arms cut off or even was bissected and can regenerate but that was god regeneration that obviously doesn't apply to Grid now.

What do you mean?
A good perspective is needed so the actual size of the island can be calculated. There are size requirements for island destruction to reach into tier 6. We might be able to assume 840 meters for the elevation, but we still need the length and width. An example of a good perspective is one where a human (or any object with mostly known height) is situated in a place that allows comparison of their height with one of the island's edge-to-edge lines. From this, calculation of length or width could be done.

Once the dimensions are found, we need to use fragmentation, violent fragmentation, pulverization, or vaporization. The smoke implies vaporization, so that's probably what you'd use for a high end while pulverization and violent fragmentation could be used for lower ends. I'd assume that after that, you'd divide the results by 5 because only a fifth was destroyed rather than the whole thing.

TLDR: Calculating the island's size is necessary for this whole process, and we need a good perspective for that.

A good perspective is needed so the actual size of the island can be calculated. There are size requirements for island destruction to reach into tier 6. We might be able to assume 840 meters for the elevation, but we still need the length and width. An example of a good perspective is one where a human (or any object with mostly known height) is situated in a place that allows comparison of their height with one of the island's edge-to-edge lines. From this, calculation of length or width could be done.

Once the dimensions are found, we need to use fragmentation, violent fragmentation, pulverization, or vaporization. The smoke implies vaporization, so that's probably what you'd use for a high end while pulverization and violent fragmentation could be used for lower ends. I'd assume that after that, you'd divide the results by 5 because only a fifth was destroyed rather than the whole thing.

TLDR: Calculating the island's size is necessary for this whole process, and we need a good perspective for that.
I know that, there is very little to use to get an actual size but we even have this
4XXETDS.png

If we get some size we can easily get the size of the island

As a checked i found out that the target competition in both 1st and 2nd competition are both on the Tira island so this would be very helpful to get the size

Great só there is a size to the island spots not gonna be hard to calc right?
Can you do it?
Since a specific real world island had its size compared to it, it should be doable. The island of Ulleungo has a length of 9.5 km and a width of 10 km. Tira Island is said to be smaller than that (about 10 square kilometers smaller) so we'd have to reduce one of those numbers. I can't really tell if that island fits "rectangular" or "circular" better, but assuming it's circular, we could use a radius of 9.5 km. If it's rectangular, maybe set both length and width to be 9.5 km. 840 m can probably still be used for height considering it's an average and it's hard to account for the mountains.

Do you have any top down images of Tira Island?

Since a specific real world island had its size compared to it, it should be doable. The island of Ulleungo has a length of 9.5 km and a width of 10 km. Tira Island is said to be smaller than that (about 10 square kilometers smaller) so we'd have to reduce one of those numbers. I can't really tell if that island fits "rectangular" or "circular" better, but assuming it's circular, we could use a radius of 9.5 km. If it's rectangular, maybe set both length and width to be 9.5 km. 840 m can probably still be used for height considering it's an average and it's hard to account for the mountains.

Do you have any top down images of Tira Island?
This is the closest i saw
5Lr6UjU.png

Seems more round so it's about 4.6km radius irland

let me get this straight, what we want to do is make pages for manhwa and not the novel?
Let me get this straight you have been thinking about doing the pages for novel characters for over a year, the progression you got is a reference calc of earth slip in the middle, a verse page that would compile feats that have almost nothing.
If you can't even help making the calcs for manhwa stuff how are you expecting to make pages for about 2000 chapters of novel before VSB closes?

Let me get this straight you have been thinking about doing the pages for novel characters for over a year, the progression you got is a reference calc of earth slip in the middle, a verse page that would compile feats that have almost nothing.
If you can't even help making the calcs for manhwa stuff how are you expecting to make pages for about 2000 chapters of novel before VSB closes?
Could careless about your opinion. All you do is talk and complain and do nothing. At least aside the AP, everything is ready for grid and the 10 retainers, but what do you know?

No wonder this verse doesn't get nowhere, nobody is willing to move a finger to do anything.
I've made some progress, but have also lost some due to trying to figure out how calcs work on this site as well as what values are appropriate. Most recently I thought about using a half ellipsoid for volume since that seems to be the shape rather than a cylinder like I previously thought of using. The values I need to get before I do a calc are the height (because I have length and width) as well as the material of the island so I can use the specific Destruction Values. Tira doesn't seem to have a mention of a specific rock type. I'm tempted to assume it's Basalt because that is the most common volcanic rock and Ulleungdo has a volcanic origin, as I can't find a most common island material from my searches. As for the height, that's tricky because only a height for the two peak mountains are mentioned.

Also, while searching through the novel around where Tira is mentioned, I found this line from 170 suggesting it was not the island itself that was destroyed.
It was truly an overwhelming sight. One-fifth of the forest that made up the island was swept away by the storm and completely destroyed.
There is a common feat calc for destroying a forest, but that presents its own difficulties since we would need to figure out the size of the forest. We could probably just use the area of Tira for that, convert it to acres, use the 435 trees per acre value and then multiply that by some decimal smaller than one because the trees very clearly do not cover the whole island, just a large percentage of it. 70 or 80% looks accurate to me.

EDIT: Here's the Destruction Values table as well as the site I got information on a half-ellipsoid volume from.

EDIT2: Looking back, my mention of calculating island destruction was stupid. I completely missed the mention of "greens" in the image, which refers to the trees. That makes the island destruction stuff unusable, which is fine because it couldn't be properly calculated anyways.

Last edited:
I've made some progress, but have also lost some due to trying to figure out how calcs work on this site as well as what values are appropriate. Most recently I thought about using a half ellipsoid for volume since that seems to be the shape rather than a cylinder like I previously thought of using. The values I need to get before I do a calc are the height (because I have length and width) as well as the material of the island so I can use the specific Destruction Values. Tira doesn't seem to have a mention of a specific rock type. I'm tempted to assume it's Basalt because that is the most common volcanic rock and Ulleungdo has a volcanic origin, as I can't find a most common island material from my searches. As for the height, that's tricky because only a height for the two peak mountains are mentioned.

Also, while searching through the novel around where Tira is mentioned, I found this line from 170 suggesting it was not the island itself that was destroyed.

There is a common feat calc for destroying a forest, but that presents its own difficulties since we would need to figure out the size of the forest. We could probably just use the area of Tira for that, convert it to acres, use the 435 trees per acre value and then multiply that by some decimal smaller than one because the trees very clearly do not cover the whole island, just a large percentage of it. 70 or 80% looks accurate to me.

EDIT: Here's the Destruction Values table as well as the site I got information on a half-ellipsoid volume from.

Here's the proof I actually did some work rather than just pretending I did. Below is the "tree stuff" portion of my work. This is part of what I would put on a blog, which includes only the calc and none of the images.

------------------------------------------------------
Based on the References for Common Feats, we can assume there are 435 trees per acre. The acres can be calculated directly from the area.

67.21km in acres is 16607.953 acres.
435 trees/acre * 16607.953 acres = 7224459.555 trees
7,224,459.555 trees * 9.1700460e7 Joules = 6.6248626e+14 Joules
6.6248626e+14 Joules = 158,338.016252390051 Tons of TNT
158,338.016252390051 Tons of TNT = 158.338016252390051 Kilotons of TNT (High 7-C)

That's for destroying all the trees on the island, as well as assuming the island is covered in trees, which it is clearly not.

First, we multiply by 0.2 because only a fifth of the forest was destroyed.

158338.016252390051 Tons of TNT * 0.2 = 31667.6032505 Tons of TNT

Next, we reduce it further to account for the island not being completely covered by trees.
I will use a low end of 60% trees, a mid of 70%, and a high end of 80%.

Low End:
0.6 * 31667.6032505 Tons = 19000.5619503 Tons of TNT (7-C Town level)

Mid End:
0.7 * 31667.6032505 Tons = 22167.3222753 Tons of TNT (7-C Town level)

High End:
0.8 * 31667.6032505 Tons = 25334.0826004 Tons of TNT (7-C Town level)

Looks like that mention of attacks comparable to nukes is substantiated.

let me get this straight, what we want to do is make pages for manhwa and not the novel?
I'm mostly just interested in seeing the tiers this verse reaches as well as the different abilities characters get, so I'm fine helping with either novel or manhwa stuff. Personally I would prefer a novel profile that covers some subset of chapters (ex. the Pre-Update stuff). Maybe at some point Grid could get a Cultivator section on his page alongside Legend, Myth, Absolute, or whatever separations are planned. The calcs could use images from the manhwa and information from both mediums, though some bias on the novel as the manhwa changes some things. The thing I did with trees above could easily be used for a novel profile, as it is something that occurs in the novel and the island's area comes from the novel anyways.

Here's the proof I actually did some work rather than just pretending I did. Below is the "tree stuff" portion of my work. This is part of what I would put on a blog, which includes only the calc and none of the images.

Based on the References for Common Feats, we can assume there are 435 trees per acre. The acres can be calculated directly from the area.

67.21km in acres is 16607.953 acres.
435 trees/acre * 16607.953 acres = 7224459.555 trees
7,224,459.555 trees * 9.1700460e7 Joules = 6.6248626e+14 Joules
6.6248626e+14 Joules = 158,338.016252390051 Tons of TNT
158,338.016252390051 Tons of TNT = 158.338016252390051 Kilotons of TNT (High 7-C)

That's for destroying all the trees on the island, as well as assuming the island is covered in trees, which it is clearly not.

First, we multiply by 0.2 because only a fifth of the forest was destroyed.

158338.016252390051 Tons of TNT * 0.2 = 31667.6032505 Tons of TNT

Next, we reduce it further to account for the island not being completely covered by trees.
I will use a low end of 60% trees, a mid of 70%, and a high end of 80%.

Low End:
0.6 * 31667.6032505 Tons = 19000.5619503 Tons of TNT (7-C Town level)

Mid End:
0.7 * 31667.6032505 Tons = 22167.3222753 Tons of TNT (7-C Town level)

High End:
0.8 * 31667.6032505 Tons = 25334.0826004 Tons of TNT (7-C Town level)

Looks like that mention of attacks comparable to nukes is substantiated.
I don't know how this usually works, but do we need to make a blog post with the calc and have someone check it, right?

Could careless about your opinion. All you do is talk and complain and do nothing. At least aside the AP, everything is ready for grid and the 10 retainers, but what do you know?
Would my calc be useful for anything regarding novel stuff? I'm not sure what priority this calc would have.

Would my calc be useful for anything regarding novel stuff? I'm not sure what priority this calc would have.
Probably. I think we already got Grid and other characters at country, large country, continental, multi-continental and planetary from what we have in the novel

priority 1 I think since it starts a new verse, no?
Priority 1 is for calcs that affect the majority of characters in a verse. Regardless of whether the calc is used for manhwa or novel, it wouldn't scale to the majority of the verse. For the manhwa, it would only scale to a few high rankers. For the novel, it would scale to less people because of how much rankers have grown, but it could also scale to some characters' Keys. Calcs that affect a decent number of characters are Priority 2. Assuming the calc doesn't get used for anything, it would be Priority 4, which is for calcs that are unimportant or supportive. The ratings are described here.
I got setto to evaluate the calc
Mid end got accepted.

Priority 1 is for calcs that affect the majority of characters in a verse. Regardless of whether the calc is used for manhwa or novel, it wouldn't scale to the majority of the verse. For the manhwa, it would only scale to a few high rankers. For the novel, it would scale to less people because of how much rankers have grown, but it could also scale to some characters' Keys. Calcs that affect a decent number of characters are Priority 2. Assuming the calc doesn't get used for anything, it would be Priority 4, which is for calcs that are unimportant or supportive. The ratings are described here.

Mid end got accepted.
it would be a base line for every character that we're gonna put there or a big majority of them

Back