• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OVER-1 (Megaman) vs Kratos (GoW)

We already have a knowledgeable Megaman fan here (VioletVoid) so I guess we should wait for a GoW person.

I could just say Over-1 has the versatility advantage and battle experience and such since he literally has all the Mega Man incarnations (Along with Proto Man and Zero) abilities and battle memories. But I need to research this character more. Cause Over-1 is SO underutilized in vs battles yet he's the strongest Mega Man character in existence. Ignoring Archie cause that's a comic book and not a game

OVER -1 is baseline IIRC, Kratos is 9 realms. The distance between universes is unquantifiable so Kratos can one shot but OVER does lead with hax. I'm not voting just yet tho.

Well using multipliers in tier 2 is kinda faulty because at this point it's unquantifiable.

Multieplier doen't really work only in Low 2-C, because the power to cross the gap between 2 universes is unquantifiable, but at 2-C that problem doesn't apply as the characters CAN cross the gap and thus multipliers would apply.

VioletVoid100 said:
Isn't that what multipliers...are tbh? I mean there's no rule about using multipliers in tier 2
There doesn't need to be a rule written about it though.

And as far as I remember, I heard people saying using multipliers doesn't work for any tier 2 period. I've heard the talk about it in this thread.

OVER fr- ah, damn. Even assuming that we don't use multipliers and Kratos is stronger, OVER still has a ton of hax to work around that, and with superior skill and experience, he WILL work around that. It's like a big, burly man fighting a martial artist who has a gun.

In the same thread Wokistan did say they should be usable only for Shadow to counter that it isn't. Then not being brought up ever again.

But I'll admit that the thread I linked shouldn't be used to answer the question as it was more so a:

"It can be used"

"Nu-uh"

I don't know if it can be used at this point so it's best to wait for someone like Shadow to explain his take on it.

VioletVoid100 said:
Isn't that what multipliers...are tbh? I mean there's no rule about using multipliers in tier 2
Exactly my point, OVER can multiply his power as much as he wants but he'll never leave baseline, so Kratos can one shot. It's like comparing a low 2-C to a 2-C.

It doesn't work like that

the difference between Low 2-C and 2-C is uncountable because the energy needed for a blast to affect another universe is immesurable.

Meanwhile the difference between destroying 9 in comparation to only 2 is just 9/2

Not how the wiki standards go M8. We treat it as every universe as being unquantifiable. If a character is baseline 2-C and gets 5x stronger they won't have an AP of 10 universes only baseline. So Kratos would be unquantifiably above OVER and can one shot.

it makes no sense

if you need an X amout to energy required to breach the gap between universes, you would just need 2X to breach 2 gaps between universes

Overlord775 said:
it makes no sense
if you need an X amout to energy required to breach the gap between universes, you would just need 2X to breach 2 gaps between universes
Sorry but don't hate the player hate the game. If you don't agree with it or if it doesn't make sense then either make a CRT or talk to the staff about it. It's not my fault the tier 2 rules are trash.

┬»\_(Òâä) _/┬»

TheMonsterKing56 said:
OVER fr- ah, damn. Even assuming that we don't use multipliers and Kratos is stronger, OVER still has a ton of hax to work around that, and with superior skill and experience, he WILL work around that. It's like a big, burly man fighting a martial artist who has a gun.
Pretty much

Yeah for example the reason Asriel was downgraded from 2-A is that being infinitely stronger than a 2-B doesn't make you 2-A anymore.

So being 5x stronger than a baseline 2-C won't give you 10 universes in AP.

Back