• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Our Earthquake Calculator

It is best if I move this discussion to the calc group forum.

It is also best if you ask DontTalkDT, and all of the current calc group members to participate.

Yeah, it can't show anything above Magnitude 10.5.

It would be better if DontTalkDT can tell us the actual formula of an earthquake's total seismic energy and radiated waves.

The two sites are based on the same formula, just look in the area "More Information about Earthquake Magnitude and Seismic Moment" you will notice that the formulas MO = ÂμAD, to find out the magnitude of the Earthquake, and logES = 11.8 + 1.5M, for discover the energy to a certain magnitude, are on the two pages.

So there is no real difference between choosing the two pages since they both show the same thing. And I was sure we used the second page in the past, I wonder why it has changed.

I'm glad this was done, because I had a question about an earthquake feat that I had no idea how to solve. Now I can ask the question and get a response.

Well I'm sorry, but Antvasima isn't responding and I have to go to bed now. I guess someone else would have to apply the changes instead.

Sneaking out of bed.

@The real cal howard Thanks, I'll edit it, and sleep.

EDIT: Oh you haven't done so yet. I guess I'll go back to bed.

Not sure how the links got switched, I guess it was some error on my part.

Has it been resolved?

Thank you. Sorry. I first had to go buy groceries, and then I got sidetracked by the script thread.

The new calculator seems to be the same as the old one, so that would be fine (the wayback machine has the old one as well, but it doesn't make a difference, I think)

In regards to the formulas... they are mostly the stuff from page 827 here backwards. IIRC I used some other document for some clarification on something there (the delta, I believe), but it is mostly that one. No time to look into detail into it, right now.

Since the change has been performed, should we lock this thread?

Back