• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Osamu Dazai's giant upgrade CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with Extraordinary Genius for those feats. They fall more in line with Genius (for the fact he can set up multiple complex plans and deductions in advance, despite the plans themselves not being anything beyond what a person with proper timing and set up to be capable of).

The rest I agree with

I disagree with Extraordinary Genius for those feats. They fall more in line with Genius (for the fact he can set up multiple complex plans and deductions in advance, despite the plans themselves not being anything beyond what a person with proper timing and set up to be capable of).
What about these points?

• He is able to guess a random 6-digit number and the same is the case with Fyodor.
  • He is able to predict the future at like almost every scan (something which even a supercomputer level brain shouldn't be able to use).
  • He created an entire language for communication with Fyodor.

What about these points?

• He is able to guess a random 6-digit number and the same is the case with Fyodor.
  • He is able to predict the future at like almost every scan (something which even a supercomputer level brain shouldn't be able to use).
  • He created an entire language for communication with Fyodor.
The first is just nonsense.

The second, you can in fact ascertain probabilities in real life out of sheer statistics and get a pretty good feeling for the development of things based on this data. That's how we can pretty closely ascertain how the development of technology is, or how we are capable of estimating societal changes decades in advance. While for us is faulty and prone to miscalculations (based on numerous factors), it is entirely possible. This type of rating would be Gifted, if you read our ratings, as it would be comparable to an expert in these areas. But, precisely, he bumps it up to 11, with being capable of pretty accurately figuring it out. That's a Genius at play.

You are greatly underestimating what a Supercomputer is able to do.

The third, once again, is not out of our realm of possibilities.

The first is just nonsense.

The second, you can in fact ascertain probabilities in real life out of sheer statistics and get a pretty good feeling for the development of things based on this data. That's how we can pretty closely ascertain how the development of technology is, or how we are capable of estimating societal changes decades in advance. While for us is faulty and prone to miscalculations (based on numerous factors), it is entirely possible. This type of rating would be Gifted, if you read our ratings, as it would be comparable to an expert in these areas. But, precisely, he bumps it up to 11, with being capable of pretty accurately figuring it out. That's a Genius at play.

You are greatly underestimating what a Supercomputer is able to do.

The third, once again, is not out of our realm of possibilities.
I see, Thanks for correcting me

I think Dazai guessing half of a murder case within less than a minute would suggest higher results. He can keep up at least around half way with Ranpo and Ranpo predicted an entire sequence of very large events with several variables to the point where they'd land, and also solved an entire mystery novel where you'd need extreme amounts of info to get it right (going from a hotel in a blizzard to the fact that it was actually a convoluted thing with a space station ect.)

The rest I agree with
Thanks for your input 🙏🙏

I think Dazai guessing half of a murder case within less than a minute would suggest higher results. He can keep up at least around half way with Ranpo and Ranpo predicted an entire sequence of very large events with several variables to the point where they'd land, and also solved an entire mystery novel where you'd need extreme amounts of info to get it right (going from a hotel in a blizzard to the fact that it was actually a convoluted thing with a space station ect.)
Do keep in mind, the reason it takes quite a bit of time for us to "solve a case" (fulfill reasonable suspicion for someone to be tried) is because of laws. Normal police officers can very quickly deduce a suspect within moments of seeing a crime scene, but can't act on it until the entire process is completed.

I'm not suggesting the guy isn't impressive. But he falls more in line with our ratings for Genius:
Individuals with an exceptional capacity for knowledge and intelligence, usually in one area of varying depth. This level of intellect is the level of real-world geniuses, polymaths, and genuinely extremely prominent intellectuals, and, in the absence of better feats, should be the default intelligence category for fictional characters with exceptional or superhuman intelligence.

Do keep in mind, the reason it takes quite a bit of time for us to "solve a case" (fulfill reasonable suspicion for someone to be tried) is because of laws. Normal police officers can very quickly deduce a suspect within moments of seeing a crime scene, but can't act on it until the entire process is completed.

I'm not suggesting the guy isn't impressive. But he falls more in line with our ratings for Genius:
Sorry for annoying you again but does playing 4D chess counts as extraordinary genius? I'm really sorry if this is a stupid question ;-;

Sorry for annoying you again but does playing 4D chess counts as extraordinary genius?
You mean the game that also exists in our real life and has many players of varying levels of intellectual capacity?

Or does the verse possesses some form of 4d chess that deviates from the real world game?

nah like he pretty much deducted an entire case from scratch and with somewhat limited evidence within like 60 seconds or less. Dazai was halfway there.

You mean the game that also exists in our real life and has many players of varying levels of intellectual capacity?

Or does the verse possesses some form of 4d chess that deviates from the real world game?
Dazai did hold a conversation with Fyodor with a code they created themself that is a mix of like a dozen diffferent languages while simultaneously playing 4-D chess with him by literally predicting and countering all kinds of plans formed by Fyodor after the Decay of Angels had warped reality to make the Armed Detective Agency the enemy of the world

I
image.png

Looks good, only disagree with the poison resistance, he specifically hid a pill in his mouth to negate the poison so that Chuuya would knock it into his mouth the moment they meet

Looks good, only disagree with the poison resistance, he specifically hid a pill in his mouth to negate the poison so that Chuuya would knock it into his mouth the moment they meet
Does Dazai show comparability with characters with Class G characters?

Still falls within Genius imo.
nah bro at that point i gotta disagree having a convo with a person using extra complicated code whilst guessing what his next moves are (they are both in an impenetrable base, caged up) and pretty much playing 4D chess, while also using heatbeat to relay a message outside that base should fall under extraordinary genius for sure.

we shouldn't underestimate super computers but we also shouldn't overestimate them. A human has something the supercomputer doesn't, and that is immense creativity. I think they should have EG.

we shouldn't underestimate super computers but we also shouldn't overestimate them. A human has something the supercomputer doesn't, and that is immense creativity. I think they should have EG.
That's fair enough. I don't.

You can call other staff members tho, if they agree it is what it is.

This guy's easily EG IMO, stuff like the coded language seals the deal.

However I think all the Info Analysis feats are less that and more just really good general intelligence, so I'd not list that ability

However I think all the Info Analysis feats are less that and more just really good general intelligence, so I'd not list that ability
Can i put on agree with everything except Info analysis?

Also doesn't his feats on deduction meet this criteria?

Information Analysis, or Scanning, is the ability to gain information on a character or object by analyzing them. A basic analysis can grant only rudimentary data on the target

Hajime from Danganronpa has Info analysis via investigations

Dazai has that but on ungodly leagues above him

Also doesn't his feats on deduction meet this criteria?

Information Analysis, or Scanning, is the ability to gain information on a character or object by analyzing them. A basic analysis can grant only rudimentary data on the target
I mean, literally anything the human brain does is "gaining information on something by analyzing it", I just think this is more general intel
Hajime from Danganronpa has Info analysis via investigations
yeah but danganronpa sucks

What do you say about a possible rating for info analysis?

what would you suggest we do in this case?
You mean this?
I mean, literally anything the human brain does is "gaining information on something by analyzing it", I just think this is more general intel
It is exactly as Armor says, it would mainly be a feat of deduction mixed with intelligence, there is no hint of ability but intel.
(Also an opinion on the intelligence rating would be welcomed)
Yeah, I don't agree, the feats don't reach genius, it seems even more like a good strategist by experience that if we compare them with feats of genius characters in the wiki would be obsolete, the most I would give here would be an At least Gifted.

You mean this?

It is exactly as Armor says, it would mainly be a feat of deduction mixed with intelligence, there is no hint of ability but intel.
I see.

Yeah, I don't agree, the feats don't reach genius, it seems even more like a good strategist by experience that if we compare them with feats of genius characters in the wiki would be obsolete, the most I would give here would be an At least Gifted.
damn, way higher standards than me

I think it's the fact he can do these things very casually and swiftly that pushes them to Genius for me.

I think it's the fact he can do these things very casually and swiftly that pushes them to Genius for me.
Such characters are translated as Badass. They make everything look easy, although the reality is based on the feats they show, there is nothing that supports a genius feat, the most we can say would be At least gifted and if we are generous for the amount of feats At least Gifted, possibly Genius strategist, but that would depend on what everyone here thinks.

Shouldn't Hajime from Danganronpa have his info analysis removed too then? He has it through investigations

Such characters are translated as Badass. They make everything look easy, although the reality is based on the feats they show, there is nothing that supports a genius feat, the most we can say would be At least gifted and if we are generous for the amount of feats At least Gifted, possibly Genius strategist, but that would depend on what everyone here thinks.
I'm fine with Gifted, Possibly genius

Shouldn't Hajime from Danganronpa have his info analysis removed too then? He has it through investigations
This is this and that is that, let Danganropa dudes take care of their business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back