• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Real" Osamu Dazai Profile (Bungou Stray Dogs)

RoggerReggor

He/Him
Hello all, so I decided to make a profile for the "Real" Osmau Dazai which was mentioned by the Dazai of the Bungou Stray Dogs main lore to be existing outside "The Book".

NOTE: The "Real" Osamu Dazai would scale to 4D while the rest of the BSD cosmology which takes place inside "The Book" would scale to 3D. However, I still don't think "Real" Osamu Dazai will be Tier 1-C due to the fact that he still isn't said to destroy a 4D space but just the 3D cosmology of BSD.

Agreements (1): @XxZetsuxX
Disagreements (0):
Neutral (0):

Last edited:
Doesn't Fukuchi's ability allow him to interact and change different points of time?

Doesn't Fukuchi's ability allow him to interact and change different points of time?
Well, I don't remember something like that particularly. Isn't his ability something like "change your weapon stuff to 100x"?

Edit: My bad. Yeah, he did it with his space time sword.

Well, it was his sword's ability, but he was only able to use it to its extent because of his ability. Anyway, he can send the sword's blade to any nearby point in space-time, including the past and future. He uses it when he's in a bad situation by attacking the enemy in the past to prevent the situation from occurring.

Well, it was his sword's ability, but he was only able to use it to its extent because of his ability. Anyway, he can send the sword's blade to any nearby point in space-time, including the past and future. He uses it when he's in a bad situation by attacking the enemy in the past to prevent the situation from occurring.
Fukuchi doesn't have a profile as of now, but I think he can have something like "Immeasurable speed with Shintouamenogozen". 🤔

Anyways, what do you think about the Real Dazai profile?

Well this proves that the world in the book has it's own past and future, correct?
Yeah, I think so. Dazai also mentioned that it has an infinite number of worlds which he can use to change the realities and scenarios/plot inside The Book.

Wasn't that also stated that those infinite worlds are simply possibilities and that by rewriting the book they alter which of the possibilities are real, thus an infinite number of universes don't actually exist but could exist using the books power to switch between them. Or am I mixing this up with another series.

But anyway, this means that the world inside the book is a fourth-dimensional construct for having it's own timeline.

Isn't viewing a 4D construct as a story (as fiction) a 5D feat? Doesn't it prove qualitative superiority between outside the book and inside it?

Wasn't that also stated that those infinite worlds are simply possibilities and that by rewriting the book they alter which of the possibilities are real, thus an infinite number of universes don't actually exist but could exist using the books power to switch between them. Or am I mixing this up with another series.
I don't think so. I am pretty sure all the worlds do exist at once.
SeaTVMQ.png

He himself said that the world he was in was also a possible world, and each world inside the book is also referred to as a possible world, kind of like all of the worlds have a same position in the hierarchy of the series' cosmology. The world in which Dazai is has a physical existence as we know, and all the worlds would also have a physical existence. The Book is merely a tool which Dazai can use to overwrite his own reality and replace it with the reality of an another world. However, he also mentioned that the physical world he was inside had the Book and served as the origin of all the infinite worlds.
NDJOprw.png

Also that the portion of the Book which he can access is inferior to the orders from the outside world.

But anyway, this means that the world inside the book is a fourth-dimensional construct for having it's own timeline.
For real? I think I will find scans for Fukuchi and add it.

Isn't viewing a 4D construct as a story (as fiction) a 5D feat? Doesn't it prove qualitative superiority between outside the book and inside it?
Well, if the world inside the book is 4D, according to the tiering system, that would give the Real Dazai and the Dazai inside the book a greater cosmology than they currently have.

Dazai inside the Book: Can affect the BSD cosmology inside the book on the fundamental level and rewrite things.
Real Dazai/Dazai outside the Book: Can do the same as the Dazai inside the Book + Has a level superiority above the Dazai inside the book.

Can I see a scan that shows the outside world sees the world inside the book as fiction, or are superior to the things inside the book, or something similar? The stuff about the world's inside and outside the book having the same weight complicates things.

Can I see a scan that shows the outside world sees the world inside the book as fiction, or are superior to the things inside the book, or something similar? The stuff about the world's inside and outside the book having the same weight complicates things.
The place where he mentions that the world inside and outside the Book having the same weight is just because both the worlds have Books, as he himself says it in the next line. He even said that the reason for him believing that the world inside and outside the Book held the same weight was because both had powers which could affect the world inside the Book on a similar scale, but he did mention that the orders from the outside world were still superior to his own world.

vcwdlJ1.png

He himself said that the "Real" Osamu Dazai existed outside the Book. And when he explained about the Book, he also said the Book was just like an actual book and it had its own pages.

d7Iwdtm.png

The Book which Dazai has looks like a normal book and has papers, but it is still just a tool through which he can control the realities inside the Book. The fact that he said that the "Real" Dazai existed outside the Book, I don't think it's a mistake to say that he doesn't see them as people inside the Book, which should grant him an R>F transcendence probably, because not only does Dazai himself refer to this superior Dazai as a "real"/"original" Dazai (SCANS BELOW), but he also refers to himself like he isn't even real in front of this superior Dazai.

wohjimX.png

(Dazai referring to the Dazai outside the book as an "original" Dazai)

Definitely won't meet the newly proposed 1-A, now the question is if this is applicable for Low 1-C. This is difficult, and I'm going to say that the book and its user has control over a 4D cosmology, but the outside world is not Low 1-C and original Dazai is not higher dimensional. Not enough evidence proving they are real-er and not just outside and the original world the world inside the book is based off.

Definitely won't meet the newly proposed 1-A, now the question is if this is applicable for Low 1-C. This is difficult, and I'm going to say that the book and its user has control over a 4D cosmology, but the outside world is not Low 1-C and original Dazai is not higher dimensional. Not enough evidence proving they are real-er and not just outside and the original world the world inside the book is based off.
Dazai inside the Book (I will just refer to Dazai inside the Book as Dazai ITB and Dazai outside the Book as Dazai OTB) himself referred to the Dazai OTB as "original/real", kind of like he himself knows that he is a real-er Dazai and that he also mentioned that the orders from the outside world could control the world with a superiority compared to the Book inside his own world. He also referred to the Book he possessed as "a drain".

RmUzQdj.png

This proves that the Dazai OTB is basically superior to the Dazai ITB and he transcends even what the Book of his own world can do. I think the fact that he refers to the Dazai OTB as a "Real" and doesn't do so with himself should prove that Dazai himself sees him as real. Not only that, but the world in which Dazai ITB and Dazai OTB are totally different as well.

I think you are misunderstanding that Dazai ITB is referring to Dazai OTB as a real one and himself as a clone perhaps? Something like how a Naruto's clone would refer to as an original Naruto after he does the clone jutsu?

Ah yes, Akutagawa's final monologue in which he addresses the entire world as a "fleeting shadow". When Dazai ITB dies and he gave the entire responsibility of protecting the Book from all the people who tried to get their hands over it to both Akutagawa and Atsushi, Akutagawa does that. But, in the end when the chapter is nearing its end, Akutagawa is with Oda and his tongue slipped and he basically referred to the fact that his world was nothing but just a fleeting shadow.

l8XCjp5.png

I don't think it is important, but Akutagawa started monologuing next and then he himself said how he felt about the people inside the Book, and even though they weren't real when compared to outside the Book, he thought about how the lives there felt real to him and he gave an emotionful monologue:

RoJ17ES.png

7DopMmW.png

After reading all this, my opinion stands. Nothing of what you have provided really points towards an ontological superiority of the outside world, just that it is the original and is not inside the book. The book is a drain because it can rewrite the world and everyone wants it; which can lead to major issues that require it being protected, the world is a fleeting shadow is both poetic and refers to the fact that it can be changed at a moments notice, and the original Dazai being original is just that; him being original that inspired the Dazai of the book and not evidence of having a higher ontological existence.

After reading all this, my opinion stands. Nothing of what you have provided really points towards an ontological superiority of the outside world, just that it is the original and is not inside the book. The book is a drain because it can rewrite the world and everyone wants it; which can lead to major issues that require it being protected, the world is a fleeting shadow is both poetic and refers to the fact that it can be changed at a moments notice, and the original Dazai being original is just that; him being original that inspired the Dazai of the book and not evidence of having a higher ontological existence.
I think that's fine. I removed HDE. How does the profile look now?

I'm going to be honest. This character hasn't actually appeared or done anything, and their profile is so bare bones that I'm unsure if it qualifies to be on the Wiki. It seems to only exist to explain the Book power.

I'm going to be honest. This character hasn't actually appeared or done anything, and their profile is so bare bones that I'm unsure if it qualifies to be on the Wiki. It seems to only exist to explain the Book power.
I am willing to add more stats to his profiles (such as him having the same stats as the Real Dazai or even higher), I even intended on adding an infinite LS to his profile from him being able to lift the Book or something like that. But yeah, my next revision about this profile is going to be how he would at least scale to the Dazai ITB as Dazai ITB has originated from this Dazai. So yeah, I don't intend to keeping his profile just bare bones.

So his stats would merely be someone else's stats, we can't even assume he is that stronger as the events and experiences in the book that led to his strength could be different to those out of it based on the book's changes to the worlds its contains, and lifting the book wouldn't be infinite lifting strength. Just because it 'contains' the world doesn't mean that would affect its weight and making it any more difficult to lift than the book in the world.

So his stats would merely be someone else's stats, we can't even assume he is that stronger as the events and experiences in the book that led to his strength could be different to those out of it based on the book's changes to the worlds its contains, and lifting the book wouldn't be infinite lifting strength.
That is not really an intention. The page doesn't intend to explain the existence of the Book, the information about the Book is to be added to the verse page only. Do you think the "Real" Osamu Dazai can probably be just a key inside Dazai's profile? While he hasn't appeared, he is still a canon character. I originally want him to have a profile so the verse page can be a lot better and actually have a section for characters outside the Book, if the author makes any more characters. I can live with him making his place as one of the Dazai's keys. And yeah, I will add in the Summary section of the character page about the "Real" Osamu Dazai as well.

And yeah, except for him having a superiority to the Dazai ITB, the "Real" Dazai will pretty much scale to the same stats Dazai has, with something like a "possibly higher" stat.
Just because it 'contains' the world doesn't mean that would affect its weight and making it any more difficult to lift than the book in the world.
I see. I happened to have doubts about that, thanks for explaining it to me. I kind of got the feeling that it wouldn't make sense myself because Ash doesn't scale to his Pokémon's weight in LS even though he can lift them.

Honestly, the real Dazai could possibly be comparatively weaker. As he might not have gone through all the supernatural battles and experiences that the Dazai in the book did, theirs really no way to know and its why I don't think we can scale them, nor make a profile for him really. He also can't really be a key, because he isn't the same character as the book Dazai, just his inspiration.

Honestly, the real Dazai could possibly be comparatively weaker. As he might not have gone through all the supernatural battles and experiences that the Dazai in the book did, theirs really no way to know and its why I don't think we can scale them, nor make a profile for him really. He also can't really be a key, because he isn't the same character as the book Dazai, just his inspiration.
"Key" might be the wrong term. I think he should be added as a version in the same profile. By that, I mean we can switch between both through a tabber in the header only, and not like the one we do with keys in the Power and Stats section.

Back