• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Although to be honest we may as well merge his silver age and modern keys together since they're basically the same thing.

Basically, though I think Modern Age Original Supes is weaker than his Silver Age counterpart by a bit (he's been shown getting weaker than Silver Age as time went on) so I guess it's all up to interpretation.

I'll gather some year one golden age feats tomorrow hopefully. Applying the Mountain lifting feat to his page is fine for now if you wish to do so.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Should we apply the changes then?
We need to set up the keys. Either we pick dates or we use power benchmarks to seperate them. Like when he gained flight to seperate his Tier 9-8 stuff from his Tier 7 stuff as an example. For his Tier 5-4 stuff I guess just make a key for when he preformed those feats.

Also when has GA Superman moved a star? He destroyed one and has tossed planets but I don't remember any movememt feats.

By breathing one away?

Also doesn't he scale to GA Wonder Woman who pulled a Sun with her lasso?

KLOL506 said:
By breathing one away?

Also doesn't he scale to GA Wonder Woman who pulled a Sun with her lasso?
For the first one he doesn't move the star.

For the second one have they directly fought in the GA canonically? Also I thought her star feat involved the plane moving her not a direct lifting feat.

Nah, the scan pretty much states it's all upto Wonder Woman to do her thing now, the plane itself wasn't providing much force at all, if any.

You have the scan on hand? As for scaling if they've ever seriously grappled then it's I'm fine with keeping the rating.

Yeah. Maybe go something like "Tier 8 | Low 7-C | Whatever the mountain range lift is | 4-C".

For lifting strength it should just be "Comparable to Wonder Woman".

If I were to recommend keys

30's/Early Golden Age as he didn't fly til the 40's

40's/Mid Golden Age when his powers were taking shape, he learned to fly in 41 as well so a good midpoint to his powers.

End Golden Age: The end of his ongoing series near the 50's where he got extreme time travel and Stellar feats.

Silver Age/Pre-Crisis: Where he was at the peak of his power, scaling directly to Pre-Crisis Supes

Post-Crisis: Somewhat weaker but still firmly Low Multiverse. End if his character.

So he also had a Dark Lantern form but Ant once said it would ruin the profile

Admittedly I haven't started looking for early golden age feats yet. What I can say for now is that his Appalachian feat is safely mid Golden Age era. It happens before any of his planetary to stellar level feats took place and even before the island shaking and skyscraper throwing feat that happened a year or so after this. Further, from what I've found so far, his meteor busting feat is the earliest point in which he performs a feat in a similar range to his mountain moving one, being published at around mid 1943.

I'll keep digging of course, shouldn't be to long now hopefully.

Bursting shell likely just means a bullet shell. Which he already has feats of surviving completely unscathed in action comic #1. Also I'd say it's better to use feats than narrator statements, since if we used those without caring for what happens in the actual feat early golden age superman has two lightning speed statements.

Yes it could refer to a cannon shell, or a bullet shell. It's really hard to tell since there's no context to the statement.

I find it very hard to picture a bursting shell being used to describe anything other than an explosive. Anyway the statement's only meant as a baseline statement to jump off from, he likely has better feats which I am in the process of finding.

Tho if you do want to help I would suggest looking through Action Comics #1 to 19 if you haven't already.

Based on the panels, Supersonic since even tho the bullet loses velocity over a distance and Superman was initially a bit behind the bullet when it came out of the muzzle, it's not that big of a distance, just a few meters, which really is nowhere near close enough to bring the bullet to Subsonic anytime soon, and Superman eventually outpaced it by some distance.

SuperAPM said:
I find it very hard to picture a bursting shell being used to describe anything other than an explosive. Anyway the statement's only meant as a baseline statement to jump off from, he likely has better feats which I am in the process of finding.

Tho if you do want to help I would suggest looking through Action Comics #1 to 19 if you haven't already.
All those feats are exactly that, every noteworthy feat I've found in the first 19 issues of action comics.

Hm, well thats a load off for me. Guess we'll wait for Spino to calc each feat in full, assuming he can.

Unfortunately I don't think the more impressive feats are calcable, as many feats are unclear and we don't have a full shot of the object in the feat. Destroying a car is at least 9-A though, but I suggest we rate him as 8-C for his factory destroying feat.

Speed wise, Supersonic via outracing a bullet.

The bridge and battleship should probably give him as Class M rating.

So his keys would look something like this, I presume:

Keys: Early Golden Age | Mid Golden Age | Late Golden Age | Silver Age - Infinite Crisis

AP: 8-C | High 6-B | 4-C | 2-C

Speed: Supersonic | Hypersonic+ | MFTL+ | MFTL+

LS: Class M | Class P | Stellar | Immesurable

Is that Correct, or am I missing anything?

Should we include the "Immeasurable with time travel" thing for the speed rating like with Flash or is that covered by the PA section?

Back