• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
KLOL506

Do you actually know where Metropolis was located during the Golden Age? I know its not a stand in for New York but its most often depicted as being a few boroughs next to it or whatever, but do you know if it was located somewhere else during this time?

I can look into it. At this point the DC wikia is the only way to find out since google search sucks ass in giving comic book references to old scans of yore.

OK so apparently in the comics it's usually in the state of New York and once or twice in Delaware, but its postal codes apparently put it right close to Queens or Nassau in New York city.

So would you say the new york distance used on Spino's calc is fine, or does it still need to be changed?

Eh, we just probably not accept that calf right now since I accidentally gave Spino some inaccurate measurements. Hopefully the new one is more accurate.

Ah right. Well I believe he's asleep right now and I think he only wakes up in about 5 to 6 hours or so.

I mean, it'll probably still be Continent level to Multi-Continent level anyway at best. So the recalc isn't going to be mindblowingly different.

I could probably find better speed feats from this era for him, but yeah this would probably elicit a speed upgrade. Tho if it is the best one then he should be given an "at least" rating since he moved at those speeds whilst lugging around a gigantic moutain range.

I'm sorta surprised the more mountains we added the lower the feat got. I wonder if i could get a very accurate weight measurement of the entire mountain range.

But either way, Large Country sounds the most realistic.

I mean, it also shows space beneath the mountain and around the mountains... maybe he literally moved the entire range. Including everything attatched to them.

I don't even know the science for this.

Nah, to be honest I prefer it since the results look a little bit more reasonable.

It'd also be good to write down the speed rating on the blog as well

Probably useless asking but do you know if the Meteor feat would yield anything close to his mountian range one?

Meteors are usually 11 km/s so if Superman flies faster than one that's an easy upgrade.

I don't think he ever races alongside it, but if he intercepts the meteor before it collides with the city I suppose that counts as him moving faster than it?

Yeah i agree, the mountain range itself is the size of a country anyway, seems more reasonable in comparison to the feat.

Be hilarious if we found an even better feat later on. I know that the Superboy comics that came out in the 40's he destroyed a planet destroying meteor.

I think that is Silver Age Superman. At least from what I recall the Superboy line of comics only ever detailed the adventures of a young Kal-El from Earth One, as opposed to our boy Kal-L from Earth Two who is the focus of this thread.

What are we using as the divide for the versions of GA Superman? Because Superman in Year 1 of his comics is def not Low 7-C or Class P. We need to set some sort of division point.

Those feats are definitely not Year One. Those feats happen right after Silver Age Superman makes his debut during which Kal-L is still active and has his own series.

How about have a key for 30's Superman, and Early-Mid 40's Superman, than Late Golden Age, and then Silver Age as shown on his profile.

Kind of like Original Dragonball Goku's laid out.

Yeah we either need more keys or we shift him back to his original stuff. Because most of these feats come a couple years or a decade into his existence.

Back