• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Organisation of the most important categories

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

Currently 4 of our most important categories are in a bit of a disorganised mess.

First there is the "Important" category, which is supposed to contain the pages that all visitors should read through for a basic understanding of the wiki, but also contains most of the calculation instruction pages, which should probably be moved to their own category instead:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Important

Then there is the "General" category, which may or may not have similar purpose to "Important":

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Category:General

Then there is "Terms", which seems to be better organised, but may need a lookover anyway, in case some pages need to be added or removed:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Terms

And finally, there is "Calculations", which currently includes both lots of calculation blogs, and the aforementioned calculation instruction pages. These should probably be separated into two different categories. Should we simply call the new one "Calculation Instructions", or something else?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Calculations

Basically, I need help with (preferably somewhat in-depth) input regarding how we should better organise this, so new visitors will have a much easier time quickly orienting themselves.

In addition, the Powers and Abilities pages may need a checkthrough for proper spelling and sentence structures:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Powers_and_Abilities

I would agree with "Calculation instructions".

For the rest: Do you want the pages suggestions which pages need to be reorganized so that only those that actually belong in the category are in there or suggestions on new categories categories (aka a new sorting system)?

If it's the former I willpost a list of suggestions for changes here.

(Can't help with the abilities. My english is way too bad to try to fix mistakes)

General does seem a bit broad. Plus a lot of the pages that would go under General would fit under Important and Terms (i.e. Attack Potency and Speed).

I don't mind checking the Powers and Abilities pages for spelling errors (Which I'm sure there are given that the vast majority of the mare copied off the Superpower Wiki, which isn't heavily regulated).

@DontTalk I need suggestions regarding which of the above-mentioned categories that need to be reorganized, so that only the pages that actually belong remain there.

@Reppuzan Actually A6colute did a great job helping out by writing most of the pages himself, but English is not his native language, so sometimes it can be harder to understand what is intended.

Okay. Those pages should obviously be modified to fit our own usual format, so they do not count as plagiarism.

I will start with Terms, since that's the easiest and continue in further comments with the other categories:

Should be in calculations, but not a term I think.

Black hole is the term. Not sure what that article itself should be listed in.

Technically also a term, but more relevant to calculations

Should be calculations.

Technically all terms, but also used as abilities on profiles.

In case of Higher-Dimensional Manipulation and Omnipotence that might have its justification due to the descriptions going beyond an ability page and OHK probably shouldn't be an ability, Omnipresence and Omniscience though seem to be more abilities then terms here.

Okay. Thank you for the input.

"Important" and "General" seem fairly redundant as they are now, and should probably just be one category. Seeing as most of the "General" pages would fall under another category first, "Important" seems to be the better alternative.

I like a lot of DontTalk's ideas thus far on handling terms, but I don't really think removing the OHK page is necessary (unless I misunderstand.) It's probably for the best to double-check a lot of the pages, as well, I remember finding a fair few pages with technical errors on them over the past year or so, and furthermore some example lists could be updated/expanded upon now that there's more examples of these abilities readily available in various forms of media.

If we're gonna get rid of either Important or General then General should be the one that's removed.

Okay. So what do the rest of the staff think about merging the "General" category into "Important"?

Well for me, i don't use the General category on my wikia over at FC/OC. Important is already enough for there, so i can see it doing very well here with just that alone.

I have also made some adjustments based on the suggestions that DontTalk posted above.

So, is there any more work left here in regards to this topic? Are there any pages that require any grammar checks, as requested above?

Also, I agree with the point that the term "General" should be replaced with "Important", as it is important that users read the articles under the "General" category anyways.

Well, I think that the reorganisation is mostly done. It should now be easier for new visitors to orient themselves.

However, at some point we still need to check through the Powers and Abilities pages for grammar improvements, and to rewrite any texts that are directly copied from the Superpower wiki.

Back