• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Orcas vs Megalodon, But This Time It's More Rule-Abiding

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
While this thread was made before, that thread was made before rules were set in place to ban the use of Rounds in match-ups. Might as well set this up, this time with a hopefully better set-up. By that, I mean better terms. Here goes.

1. This is a pack of six orcas (enough to kill a healthy adult female sperm whale, which would average at 11 meters in length and 15 short tons) vs a single male megalodon (which is comparable to female sperm whales in size at the low end).

2. The orcas are shark-hunters (the kind that would eat Great Whites) with seven days of prep time, including observation.

3. The starting distance is 1000 feet (304.8 meters), which is enough to allow for both sides to attempt an ambush.

4. Speed is unequal.

That aside, here are the profiles.:

Orca's Profile

Megalodon's Profile (Why weren't there tabs on this page even when other Megalodon profiles have it?)

Who takes this?

DpthOrca
Megalodon
Orcas: 2 (A Stoned Orc, Dusty Raider)
Megalodon: 0

Inconclusive: 0

..I mean, orcas. Definitely. No contest. There's six of them, and while sperm whales don't bite back, I don't see the shark surviving long enough to kill all six orcas before it succumbs to its wounds. Voting Orcas.

A Stoned Orc said:
..I mean, orcas. Definitely. No contest. There's six of them, and while sperm whales don't bite back, I don't see the shark surviving long enough to kill all six orcas before it succumbs to its wounds.
Voting Orcas.
You sure about that? Because when I looked, the idea of orca packs killing an adult female sperm whale is more of an occasional thing.

Positive. Particularly given these orcas are going to recognize a shark for a shark, and not a whale; they're more intelligent than the shark, and they have better eyesight and great coordination. The shark might kill a couple, but they're going to immobilize it quick.

Back